Can't front no more, Kendrick Lamar is trash...

Shadow

Enjoy your life and loved ones.
Daps
Actually that seems to be the case:

Basically, I was in the studio working on my album and Dot was next door.And actually I just walked in, you know we always walk back and forth, I walked in. He was like, ‘Man, you want in on this Black Panther project?’. So I’m like ‘What? What you talkin’ ‘bout? You putting on some revolutionary shyt.’ But nah, he started laughing and shyt, he was like ‘Nah nah’, he was like, ‘You know, Marvel, you know the movie Black Panther’. I was like ‘Oh ok’ you know, I was like yeah, he played the beat, he had the hook and I just did my thang and he was like ‘Boy shh’ you nah mean and it was history after that.'
So yeah, it's dope that Kendrick was rapping about the movie but listening to the song itself BEFORE the movie dropped I was like :unsure: because Jay Rock's verse and vibe was completely different from his. At the same time both of them are on a song called King's Dead but I was rocking with how Jay Rock was flowing and vibing on the track so when the beat switched and all of sudden Kendrick's rapping about Killmonger it just seemed to come out of nowhere. If not for Kendrick's verse at the end Future's "slob on my knob" would not seem so out of place because Jay Rock was talking about women as well.

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
If you don't get TPAB that falls on you and your lack of knowledge in music.
You keep making this tired incorrect statement in every kendrick thread

Then I have to keep reminding you that I'm classically trained in 7 instruments, jazz trained in 5 instruments and I also produce my own music

Which makes me WAY more of an authority on musical analysis than you are

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
:skip:GOod Kid Mad City and To Pimp A ButterFly are ENTIRE concept albums .... off top, on Damn songs like FEar, Feel, DNA, Loyalty are concept songs...
Cool

Post a verse from any one of those tracks

Why do I have to keep asking this?

IWunD3r

Superstar
Daps
post a hot line from this track
i'm not even gonna waste my time with u kiddo. i'm busy. what a hot line is, is subjective. I post a line from said track, U call it wack, then u post an inferior line from another artist..we go back and forth with a pointless argument..i ain't got time for that.

one thing u ain't say was, that the song was wack...:umad: which was the point on my post u quoted, that song is flames, i still get that feeling when i hit play:banderas:

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
Exactly what I thought

You gassing songs meant to keep you sleep coming from a fake woke fake deep artist, so it makes sense that you don't have a logical rebuttal

What was the moral of that song?? Was it "rise above your oppression"??

No, it was a fukkin pat on the head "I's promise we's gon' be alright"

Get this goofy pseudo-intellectual trash outta here

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
i'm not even gonna waste my time with u kiddo. i'm busy. what a hot line is, is subjective. I post a line from said track, U call it wack, then u post an inferior line from another artist..we go back and forth with a pointless argument..i ain't got time for that.

one thing u ain't say was, that the song was wack...:umad: which was the point on my post u quoted, that song is flames, i still get that feeling when i hit play:banderas:
Kenny doesn't make wack music.

matter of fact, I listen to alot of his tracks at work because I know I won't we getting any funny and uncomfortable looks from my co workers

I think we just judging on his rapping skills and if you're regarded as a great mc, you need some hot lines and bars

IWunD3r

Superstar
Daps

Then I have to keep reminding you that I'm classically trained in 7 instruments, jazz trained in 5 instruments and I also produce my own music

pointless argument from an insecure kid overcompensating. music is subjective ,just because u make art and is classically trained doesn't mean your opinion is any more valid then a listener who's not feeling what your're feeling, or is feeling what you're not feeling ..
so if an artist draws a painting, and i think that shyt is wack, but u don't. but because you are classically trained means i'm wrong about how i personally feel about something??

there's no right or wrong answer in art... it's all subjective.

Majestic

Believe in myself and the Coles and Kendricks
Daps

and the fact that you think TPAB is a horrible album means your training in whatever instruments isn't helping you. TPAB is a classic, nothing will change that. Critics know what they are doing, they are more knowledgeable than the average listener.

IWunD3r

Superstar
Daps
Kenny doesn't make wack music.

matter of fact, I listen to alot of his tracks at work because I know I won't we getting any funny and uncomfortable looks from my co workers

I think we just judging on his rapping skills and if you're regarded as a great mc, you need some hot lines and bars

that's all i care about, the music, and i find kenny's shyt 2b flames... like u did all along.

IWunD3r

Superstar
Daps
and the fact that you think TPAB is a horrible album means your training in whatever instruments isn't helping you. TPAB is a classic, nothing will change that. Critics know what they are doing, they are more knowledgeable than the average listener.

no they don't... they're just ppl with ears like everyone else. some of u nikkas or cacs need to learn to think for your selves.

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
pointless argument from an insecure kid overcompensating. music is subjective ,just because u make art and is classically trained doesn't mean your opinion is any more valid then a listener who's not feeling what your're feeling, or is feeling what you're not feeling ..
so if an artist draws a painting, and i think that shyt is wack, but u don't. but because you are classically trained means i'm wrong about how i personally feel about something??

there's no right or wrong answer in art... it's all subjective.
So by your logic, the other poster who keeps saying "if you don' like Kendrick then you don't understand music" is actually talking out his azz

So thanks for agreeing with me

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
I want you to keep track of this post, just so you can see how few people actually agree with this wildly incorrect staement

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
no they don't... they're just ppl with ears like everyone else. some of u nikkas or cacs need to learn to think for your selves.
Look at this goofy shyt right here

You 2 are on the same side of the argument, yet here ya'll are arguing with each other like the hipster hypebeasts y'all are smh