Can DC movies survive Superman vs Batman Underperforming?

Lakers Offseason

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I will be watching, but this no comic relief idea they're going on is a bit misguided. Them making their movies more "serious" alienates the casual fan who just want to go see a movie to have a good time as well as the younger audience who may not like serious movies. I can understand they want to differentiate themselves from Marvel, but they're completely missing the point as to why those Marvel movies are successful.

FappleMeOff

All Star
Daps
Say what you want about the quality of recent DC films, but I actually really like that they don't have an abundance of comic relief. They seem to have a serious tone (at least the Batman films did, and MoS towards the end) so I'm expecting the same from Batman vs. Superman. No way will it flop :wow:

Avengers, Thor 2 and The Amazing Spiderman (1&2) are all wack as fukk tbh:scust:. They have no replay value whatsoever. Age of Ultron looks better though and I have high hopes for all the future Marvel movies.

FappleMeOff

All Star
Daps
I will be watching, but this no comic relief idea they're going on is a bit misguided. Them making their movies more "serious" alienates the casual fan who just want to go see a movie to have a good time as well as the younger audience who may not like serious movies. I can understand they want to differentiate themselves from Marvel, but they're completely missing the point as to why those Marvel movies are successful.

I personally like the darker tone instead of Marvels casual approach. Mostly because Marvel tends to add some corny ass dialogue/scenes in their movies. Iron Man 3, Thor 2 and Avengers all come to mind.

DC doesn't necessarily execute the dark tones effectively but I appreciate their effort. Like, The Green Lantern seemed to try and mix the dark tone with the more lighthearted/comedy stuff and it failed horribly.

2manyFCKNrappers

mentally i measure kilos
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
marvel got another one with guardians man EVERYONE loved that shyt

I wasn't even expecting to like it. I didn't even see it in theatres. My homegirl put me on when I came over. She asked if we wanted to watch it and I was like :comeon:that shyt looked weak....nobody wants to watch that...

By the end I was like :ohhh: :wow: :gladbron: :whoo: :obama::ooh::ohlawd:.

It was one of the best movies i've seen in a long long time. i regret not seeing it in theaters.

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wasn't even expecting to like it. I didn't even see it in theatres. My homegirl put me on when I came over. She asked if we wanted to watch it and I was like :comeon:that shyt looked weak....nobody wants to watch that...

By the end I was like :ohhh: :wow: :gladbron: :whoo: :obama::ooh::ohlawd:.

It was one of the best movies i've seen in a long long time. i regret not seeing it in theaters.

same here breh, plus the soundtrack for the movie was one of the greatest ive ever heard(in my young life)

marvel stupid for not marketing dancing groot toys tho, there's not one person I talked to after that dint want one.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Say what you want about the quality of recent DC films, but I actually really like that they don't have an abundance of comic relief. They seem to have a serious tone (at least the Batman films did, and MoS towards the end) so I'm expecting the same from Batman vs. Superman. No way will it flop :wow:

Avengers, Thor 2 and The Amazing Spiderman (1&2) are all wack as fukk tbh:scust:. They have no replay value whatsoever. Age of Ultron looks better though and I have high hopes for all the future Marvel movies.
I agree I get real tired have how modern day moviegoers want everything to make them laugh some stories should just do what needs doing. However there is nothing about superman that indicates it should be serious and broody flick, it was a cheap tactic to try an imitate DC's most successful franchise style and I don't think it worked

Ps nolan's batman had jokes it just wasn't slapstick or cheesy