Can DC movies survive Superman vs Batman Underperforming?

ltheghost

Payin Debts.... N40
Daps
Reppin
Japan, but from the 989
It's going to do numbers when it first comes out. If the movie sucks then they can make the next couple better but this movie is going to do big numbers in the first two weeks. After that I'm not expecting much. DC will be in trouble if the movie bombs the three week.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
What do you have higher expectations for.

BVS or Civil War?

Why?

You asking me or just in general?

I don't have higher expectations for either, but I'm excited about them both for different reasons. They both be pieces of crap for all I know. I don't have expectations for movies anymore breh, I just know what I'm interested in. I really want to see the batman superman flick because I'm looking forward to Ben's interpretation, seeing how they fit these characters together, seeing Eisenberg's Luthor and seeing them delve into that world and what comes of it.

I'm interested in Civil War because of seeing Cap vs Tony but mostly because of spider-man lol

Daps
Reppin
NYC
expectations and anticipations are different.

i am ANTICIPATING batman/superman more because those are my favorite characters and it's more of an iconic and groundbreaking event.

but I am EXPECTING more from civil war because it is being handled by the same ppl that made the absolute piff that is winter soldier.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
http://www.movieinsider.com/movies/-/2016/

It doesn't have any competition, aside from that Beverley hills cop, they should change their release date. But for four weeks maybe even more, there ain't shyt coming out until Cap 3. Should push 350 easily. But for batman and Superman in the same film, it should be pushing over 450 and beyond domestically.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
expectations and anticipations are different.

i am ANTICIPATING batman/superman more because those are my favorite characters and it's more of an iconic and groundbreaking event.

but I am EXPECTING more from civil war because it is being handled by the same ppl that made the absolute piff that is winter soldier.

Well that's what I'm saying, I have no expectations either way. I honestly don't. I don't think I've had expectations for a movie since college. For me, and this is purely personal, it works better to just go in expecting nothing. There are things that excite me and things that interest me and that's as far as it goes

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I have some confidence in the people writing the script and we know the visuals will be on point. Lets say it is received poorly. Did that ever stop Transformers from smashing box office records? shyt, now China has opened up.. this should could definitely surpass a billy. It won't do Avengers numbers because the Marvel train is off and running but it will do very well I think.

There is only one bad quality transformers movie and the last two are arguably the best in the series.
this batman vs superman with Mr jersey shore is gonna ruin batman and superman just like Joel schumacher.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
if dc had any sense they would develope
2nd and 3rd level characters like Marvel does.
superman and batman is a unsteady crutch for them.
wat6rr.jpg

This.

They could make more bank using middle of the road talent like marvel.
as, a lot of dc characters are better for a movie because of vulnerability than batman and supes.
Bruce and Clark really have no drama to really make them compelling.
plus, the characters are pretty much invincible given their rogues gallery.
plus, their rogues gallery have to be written up and completely over the top to create significant drama for a Movie.
plus, their personal lives are two perfect and they don't have a looker as a consistent female esso. To help make their exploits in their secret identity have any pop.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
the words of a true stan... cap 2, avengers, guardians of the galaxy and iron man 1 shyts all over tdk..the only great thing tdk had was heaths performance everything else was forgettable

Those are summer feel good movies.
the was like what if batman was in a departed to godfather style level film.
completely different, situitions and could easily fall on the typical middle of the road heroes unite and save the day premise.
or in iron man, you wait till the end to see the new gadgets like a two part episode of night rider versus car and becoming superpursuit.

Tdk, is easily above those marvel movies because of sheer source material to film execution.

Art Barr

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Question: Is this what some of you want to happen? Do you want the movie to fail or what?

I don't think most one this, cept for maybe the most die-hard mahvel stans/DC haters. I think it's moreso a "Writings on the Wall" sort of deal. I mean, I don't think anyone will think that this movie won't at least make a profit, but plenty of comic heads are rightfully concerned with how it's quality will be. It does seem a bit all over the place right now, as well does DC's splintered universes. I'm more a mahvel head than DC, but I'm a comic book fan first and foremost and I definitely want all of these films to be both critically and financially successful tho. It's also a competitive thing between the two brands and most figuring with Mahvel's unanimous success that anything less that a tie with that will be a reception failure for DC. Not necessarily the case, but you know how shyt goes.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I don't think most one this, cept for maybe the most die-hard mahvel stans/DC haters. I think it's moreso a "Writings on the Wall" sort of deal. I mean, I don't think anyone will think that this movie won't at least make a profit, but plenty of comic heads are rightfully concerned with how it's quality will be. It does seem a bit all over the place right now, as well does DC's splintered universes. I'm more a mahvel head than DC, but I'm a comic book fan first and foremost and I definitely want all of these films to be both critically and financially successful tho. It's also a competitive thing between the two brands and most figuring with Mahvel's unanimous success that anything less that a tie with that will be a reception failure for DC. Not necessarily the case, but you know how shyt goes.

Yeah they can miss me with all that

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Daps
Of course there's going to apprehension towards Batman vs Superman, after Man of Steel stunk up joint and mishandled Superman's characters according to 50% of fanbase(Superman's fanbase for that matter). The same director is directing the film and they've followed it up with abhorrent casting choices for major characters that people haven't been waiting years for semi-decent renditions of. When your fast tracked B team has better and more appealing cast than your main guns, something quite clearly has gone wrong:mjlol:. If Brett Ratner was announced to direct the next X-MEN flick ,Shane Black for the next Avengers flick or Civil War after what they've previously made, you think people would be looking forward to them?:what:. The Russos would be nowhere fukking near Civil War and especially Avengers: Infinity Wars(Marvel Studios big one) if it wasn't positively received.

Some of you need to stop with this intentional lack of awareness frontin

tumblr_mjfek64UCH1rl3fppo1_400.gif

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
marvel has a track record though. you forgive them for the all the things they get wrong because they've gotten so much more right. even if some of the films themselves have been mediocre. their greatest achievement has been getting their charscters over.

Snyder and co. are 0/1 right out the gate (in some ppl's eyes)

so it's a lot harder to have faith
Well Marvel is batting .500 with me because I loved 5 of their movies and am between :stopitslime: and :beli: with the other 5.
So the track record logic doesn't work for me. I like what I like and hope for the best for stuff I haven't seen yet. That is why I am still optimistic about the new Fantastic Four movie despite thinking the previous FF movies were ass.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
What do you have higher expectations for.

BVS or Civil War?

Why?
For me it is BvS because it is the first time these characters will be on the screen together in a movie.
Civil War is shaping up to be just another Avengers movie. I am amped for it but it is as special.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
http://www.movieinsider.com/movies/-/2016/

It doesn't have any competition, aside from that Beverley hills cop, they should change their release date. But for four weeks maybe even more, there ain't shyt coming out until Cap 3. Should push 350 easily. But for batman and Superman in the same film, it should be pushing over 450 and beyond domestically.
I was checking what comes out in March 2016 and saw Beverly Hills Cop on the same day as BvS...I didn't even know they were making a fourth Beverly Hill Cop. Eddie needs to march into the studio office and demand they either move that shyt up a few weeks or back a few weeks.