Can DC movies survive Superman vs Batman Underperforming?

2manyFCKNrappers

mentally i measure kilos
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
same here breh, plus the soundtrack for the movie was one of the greatest ive ever heard(in my young life)

marvel stupid for not marketing dancing groot toys tho, there's not one person I talked to after that dint want one.

Marvel ain't missing a check breh.

FappleMeOff

All Star
Daps
I agree I get real tired have how modern day moviegoers want everything to make them laugh some stories should just do what needs doing. However there is nothing about superman that indicates it should be serious and broody flick, it was a cheap tactic to try an imitate DC's most successful franchise style and I don't think it worked

Ps nolan's batman had jokes it just wasn't slapstick or cheesy

Yeah I didn't understand why they made Superman that way but I guess they wanted him to fit the dark tone of the movie instead of balancing it

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
It aint happening. Eddie has stated over and over he isn't moving until the script is write so just because there's a release date doesn't mean the project has the green light, which they don't right now
“Nah, they still trying to get that script right,”Murphy said of the fourquel. “I’m not doing a ‘Beverly Hills Cop’ unless they have a really incredible script. I’ve read a couple things that look like they can make some paper. But I’m not doing a sh*tty movie just to make some paper. The sh*t got to be right.”
Eddie actually cares about a script now? :mjlol:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Yeah I didn't understand why they made Superman that way but I guess they wanted him to fit the dark tone of the movie instead of balancing it
the thing is it would have been acceptable within context ie Lois's death or being slave under darkseid/mongul's rule but to just have him that way just cuz was poor

:pacspit: U nolan/goyer

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I will be watching, but this no comic relief idea they're going on is a bit misguided. Them making their movies more "serious" alienates the casual fan who just want to go see a movie to have a good time as well as the younger audience who may not like serious movies. I can understand they want to differentiate themselves from Marvel, but they're completely missing the point as to why those Marvel movies are successful.

marvel has struck the perfect balance between practical and camp.

dc wants to lean more towards practical, only problem is that their characters aren't as practical.

but there should exist a certain degree of fun and silliness, don't you think? did the stakes in winter soldier feel any less heavy because of the comical dialogue? did it feel less serious? did it feel like it lacked tension? of course not.

Last edited:

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Its 2015 and ppl are still saying this. I know women who are marvel stans who laugh at superman. Thats excuse is like 8 years old breh. Lines have been drawn. Its a new game out here, shyts mainstream now.
nikka, I don't care who you know. Unless you know 300 million plus people, your opinion on what the average US consumer thinks is moot. The average person does not read comics, let alone knows which heroes belong to what property. That's a pretty easy conclusion to draw when you look at comic book sales and compare them to their respective movie sales. These are popcorn flicks being released during popcorn flick season. They're expected to be popular. Hence why Transformers still makes bread; it's mindless entertainment during the summer. If you really think the average person is picking sides between Marvel and DC you're extremely out of touch with society. Ask the next person you come across what company Green Arrow belongs to. Come back to report the results:skip:

And :dead: at the lines being drawn. It's that serious, breh? It's a war now? Film Room nikkas love to pat themselves on the back about this being the best forum, but this DC vs. Marvel shyt is no different than the Playstation vs. X Box shyt.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
nikka, I don't care who you know. Unless you know 300 million plus people, your opinion on what the average US consumer thinks is moot. The average person does not read comics, let alone knows which heroes belong to what property. That's a pretty easy conclusion to draw when you look at comic book sales and compare them to their respective movie sales. These are popcorn flicks being released during popcorn flick season. They're expected to be popular. Hence why Transformers still makes bread; it's mindless entertainment during the summer. If you really think the average person is picking sides between Marvel and DC you're extremely out of touch with society. Ask the next person you come across what company Green Arrow belongs to. Come back to report the results:skip:

And :dead: at the lines being drawn. It's that serious, breh? It's a war now? Film Room nikkas love to pat themselves on the back about this being the best forum, but this DC vs. Marvel shyt is no different than the Playstation vs. X Box shyt.

:sas2:

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
I think DC is trying to portray their superheroes realistically. Ex. Bane not being a juiced up mexican wrestler with a Spanish accent in Rises or Scarecrow being a walking/talking piece of hay in Begins. Black Canary not having a screaming power on Arrow etc. Marvel usually goes by the book literally

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
You know, I was going to stay clear of this but some of y'all are delusional so take a look at the reviews for MoS. Not great right? It was a mixed bag. But you look at the viewer ratings and most people who saw it liked it. It doesn't matter if a few people on the internet say it was flawed. Most people enjoyed it and it did good numbers for an origin story. This was also before China started taking off.

I see no way the masses pass up the opportunity of seeing Superman/Batman on the big screen. :manny:

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
You know, I was going to stay clear of this but some of y'all are delusional so take a look at the reviews for MoS. Not great right? It was a mixed bag. But you look at the viewer ratings and most people who saw it liked it. It doesn't matter if a few people on the internet say it was flawed. Most people enjoyed it and it did good numbers for an origin story. This was also before China started taking off.

I see no way the masses pass up the opportunity of seeing Superman/Batman on the big screen. :manny:

This. The movie is supposedly too dark for kids to like they say

Kids like this don't give a fukk, as long as they see Superman being Superman then they'll enjoy it

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

Kids like this don't give a fukk, as long as they see Superman being Superman then they'll enjoy it

Kevin Smith said some real shyt when they first announced this movie: everyone and their mom knows who batman and superman is around the world. His mom couldn't give a fukk about comic books or comic book characters but she's going to see the movie because she knows who batman and superman is.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Kevin Smith said some real shyt when they first announced this movie: everyone and their mom knows who batman and superman is around the world. His mom couldn't give a fukk about comic books or comic book characters but she's going to see the movie because she knows who batman and superman is.

Come on, we all know kids are gonna see a commercial with Batman and Superman squaring up and go :patrice:"I'm good, Superman's red is too muted and Batman didn't make a funny pun.

When I was little, I fukked with Batman. Had the tighty whities, the shaving kit, the house shoes. It didn't matter what version.

Campy Adam West Batman - fukked with it, my moms put me on it, me and my sister had a goofy dance we'd do to the theme song.

Tim Burton's Batman - fukked with it.

Batman the Animated Series - fukked with it, pops would watch some with me.

It's fukking Batman and Superman, kids aren't gonna be turned off by the color temperatures or that it's not filled with light hearted moments and puns.

Last edited:

Lord Piffington

Cacnificent #euswag
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Those are summer feel good movies.
the was like what if batman was in a departed to godfather style level film.
completely different, situitions and could easily fall on the typical middle of the road heroes unite and save the day premise.
or in iron man, you wait till the end to see the new gadgets like a two part episode of night rider versus car and becoming superpursuit.

Tdk, is easily above those marvel movies because of sheer source material to film execution.

Art Barr

I usually respect your opinion but dont be stupid breh...the plotholes were plentyful in tdk..some shyt didnt even make sense, dont get me wrong I liked tdk but Im not going to sit here and pretend that it was some masterpiece when it really wasnt...like I said batman begins was the best movie in the trilogy and the most complete one also