Can DC movies survive Superman vs Batman Underperforming?

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I usually respect your opinion but dont be stupid breh...the plotholes were plentyful in tdk..some shyt didnt even make sense, dont get me wrong I liked tdk but Im not going to sit here and pretend that it was some masterpiece when it really wasnt...like I said batman begins was the best movie in the trilogy and the most complete one also

batman begins is pretty much amazing Spiderman, level of good.
Tdk and the third flick are a level completely higher in quality.

Art Barr

FreddyCalhoun

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Houston, TX
DC is basically going all in, using both their superstars in this one :lupe:

nothing left in the chamber :damn:

Marvel has already created a large monopoly on this super hero shyt and i fear DC will be regulated to second class status if their movie is not as big a hit as anticipated :lupe:

so brehs, if DC flops with their big boys... is it a wrap? :lupe:

Yep...DC needs to stick to the Animated Joints....

Cheers To Team Marvel brehs...DC ain't eatin no more...

cheers-gif.4961

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
I wasn't even expecting to like it. I didn't even see it in theatres. My homegirl put me on when I came over. She asked if we wanted to watch it and I was like :comeon:that shyt looked weak....nobody wants to watch that...

By the end I was like :ohhh: :wow: :gladbron: :whoo: :obama::ooh::ohlawd:.

It was one of the best movies i've seen in a long long time. i regret not seeing it in theaters.

Pretty much my exact reaction.

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
If it makes a billy like I feel it will most likely gross then it doesn't matter Transformers movies have been getting thrashed critically and they still bring in the money. As long as they deliver on the title of the movie which means a big ass epic fight between Batman and Superman it's making bank.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
I will be watching, but this no comic relief idea they're going on is a bit misguided. Them making their movies more "serious" alienates the casual fan who just want to go see a movie to have a good time as well as the younger audience who may not like serious movies. I can understand they want to differentiate themselves from Marvel, but they're completely missing the point as to why those Marvel movies are successful.

every movie needs humor, a joke or 2, some smiles, anything... i don't care what it is. anything short of the friggin holocaust should have a couple laughs. that's why Nolan movies in general are chores for me to watch. people clinging to shyt like "what about when Levitt kissed Ellen Page in Inception? that was kinda funny." TDK's star character is named "Joker" and the biggest laugh in the movie is when he says Maggie Gyllenhaal is beautiful. DC running wit hthe ultra gritty, no humor style is fukkin stupid and it's one of the main reasons I don't get pumped about their announcements.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
There is no edict from WB about there being no humor in their movies.
fukking MOS had humorous moments in it, not one liners and shyt like the Marvel films but humorous moments all through the movie. THis idea that MOS was non-stop grim and dour like Schindler's List or something is just fukking retarded.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
There is no edict from WB about there being no humor in their movies.
fukking MOS had humorous moments in it, not one liners and shyt like the Marvel films but humorous moments all through the movie. THis idea that MOS was non-stop grim and dour like Schindler's List or something is just fukking retarded.

Internet breh..rumor starts, everyone believes it without even the slightest hint of corroboration

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Daps
There was more humor in the opening five minutes of The Dark Knight(The Jokers bank robbery) than there was in 143 minutes of Man of Steel:mjlol:. Byran Singer and Nolan weren't dumb enough not to have comic relief characters in their films e.g. Wolverine, Lucius, Alfred. The last series of Batman films were serious but more importantly the movies were also fun and eventful which got people to go back the following week and watch them which did not happen with Man of Steel. If they're not fun or exciting they're DOA:yeshrug:.

Lakers Offseason

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
every movie needs humor, a joke or 2, some smiles, anything... i don't care what it is. anything short of the friggin holocaust should have a couple laughs. that's why Nolan movies in general are chores for me to watch. people clinging to shyt like "what about when Levitt kissed Ellen Page in Inception? that was kinda funny." TDK's star character is named "Joker" and the biggest laugh in the movie is when he says Maggie Gyllenhaal is beautiful. DC running wit hthe ultra gritty, no humor style is fukkin stupid and it's one of the main reasons I don't get pumped about their announcements.

:dead:

Apparently the casting director didn't read the script :mjlol: