Can DC movies survive Superman vs Batman Underperforming?

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I was checking what comes out in March 2016 and saw Beverly Hills Cop on the same day as BvS...I didn't even know they were making a fourth Beverly Hill Cop. Eddie needs to march into the studio office and demand they either move that shyt up a few weeks or back a few weeks.

It aint happening. Eddie has stated over and over he isn't moving until the script is write so just because there's a release date doesn't mean the project has the green light, which they don't right now

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Whereas I love Iron Man 3 but have issues with both Thor movies and Iron Man 2 but I understand that I'm not going to like everything a studio puts out the same way I understand I'm not going to like every comic book that said company puts out. There are going to be issues I like and issues I don't...I don't do the whole "my side vs your side" bs because while more of my favorite characters are in marvel comics, Batman is still my number 2 or 3 favorite and I love superman, green arrow, flash and wonder woman and other characters. Shyt gets kinda sad to me

I wanna hear what were your issues with the Thor movies and what made you love Ironman 3 despite its flaws.

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I wanna hear what were your issues with the Thor movies and what made you love Ironman 3 despite its flaws?

The first Thor movie bored me lol..plain and simple. All of the good stuff seemed to be on Asgard and they gave very little time to that and all of the earth stuff felt mundane including the climax...and I can take those same complaints for the 2nd movie especially since it did very little to explore the character of Thor and develop him.

Iron Man 3 on the other hand took time to sit with Tony, explore his psyche and his PTSD and what it would be like for a guy wired like that to suffer through PTSD. I loved the mandarin twist but I'm also not beholden to the mandarin as a villain and even if I was, I still think I would've loved the twist because of what it had to say about terrorism and the nature of terrorism needing a face and a big bad guy when in reality it's just a white guy in a suit. It felt like more of a personal movie than a big superhero movie and I normally love Shane Black's writing and this was no different.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
I don't understand it either.
I am a big nerd who likes these characters and am just hyped that they are all getting movies made. I may end up enjoying some more than others but I don't get the "My side vs Your side" stuff or the way dudes are still holding legit angry feelings towards MOS 2 years later.
I thought Iron Man 3 was trash but I am not holding it against Marvel Studios and pre-emptively shytting on all of their upcoming films sight unseen.
that's because you have the assurance that upcoming flix are going to be in a different tone and style based on a proven track record. We can't say that about WB/DC cuz their heads are so stuck in the sand they won't even recognise what about MoS didn't work. All indications lead to the belief all their flix will be Nolan lite and that's seems like an own goal from the jump

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
The first Thor movie bored me lol..plain and simple. All of the good stuff seemed to be on Asgard and they gave very little time to that and all of the earth stuff felt mundane including the climax...and I can take those same complaints for the 2nd movie especially since it did very little to explore the character of Thor and develop him.

Iron Man 3 on the other hand took time to sit with Tony, explore his psyche and his PTSD and what it would be like for a guy wired like that to suffer through PTSD. I loved the mandarin twist but I'm also not beholden to the mandarin as a villain and even if I was, I still think I would've loved the twist because of what it had to say about terrorism and the nature of terrorism needing a face and a big bad guy when in reality it's just a white guy in a suit. It felt like more of a personal movie than a big superhero movie and I normally love Shane Black's writing and this was no different.

While I can get that gist for the first movie, seems kinda ironic and/or off to say the same thing with the 2nd movie considering much more of it took place on Asgard and/or the other realms than on earth. I liked both Thor movies. Both about solid 8/10s in my book with the 2nd being the expected level of extra-ness that a sequel is required, albeit not really on a mind-blowing scale.

I get and share the sentiments with Ironman 3 though, as despite it's flaws and hate, I was thoroughly entertained by it and liked it. Only reason why I still don't own it yet on blu ray is it's ridiculous Ironman price tag for it (shyt is still going for 29 bucks at the majority of stores, similar to how part 2 took years to finally go down in price as well. I really liked the Mandarin twists for the same reasons you mentioned as well as sheer entertainment factor, however, I didn't like the very end's all over the place in tone (shyt had inappropriately timed humor at the same time as near-tragedy instances) and end result for the climax. Pepper ultimately being the hero?!:childplease: Tony's suit getting getting torn to pieces with ease by just suped up humans.:dahell:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
marvel has a track record though. you forgive them for the all the things they get wrong because they've gotten so much more right. even if some of the films themselves have been mediocre. their greatest achievement has been getting their charscters over.

Snyder and co. are 0/1 right out the gate (in some ppl's eyes)

so it's a lot harder to have faith
this

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
While I can get that gist for the first movie, seems kinda ironic and/or off to say the same thing with the 2nd movie considering much more of it took place on Asgard and/or the other realms than on earth. I liked both Thor movies. Both about solid 8/10s in my book with the 2nd being the expected level of extra-ness that a sequel is required, albeit not really on a mind-blowing scale.

I get and share the sentiments with Ironman 3 though, as despite it's flaws and hate, I was thoroughly entertained by it and liked it. Only reason why I still don't own it yet on blu ray is it's ridiculous Ironman price tag for it (shyt is still going for 29 bucks at the majority of stores, similar to how part 2 took years to finally go down in price as well. I really liked the Mandarin twists for the same reasons you mentioned as well as sheer entertainment factor, however, I didn't like the very end's all over the place in tone (shyt had inappropriately timed humor at the same time as near-tragedy instances) and end result for the climax. Pepper ultimately being the hero?!:childplease: Tony's suit getting getting torn to pieces with ease by just suped up humans.:dahell:

I think the reason my complaint is like that for the 2nd even tho it took place mostly on Asgard is because they still did nothing with Thor for me. He was still just set dressing in his own movie. And yeah Iron man 3 is expensive as hell. I think I got it when it was on the cheap when it first dropped.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Of course there's going to apprehension towards Batman vs Superman, after Man of Steel stunk up joint and mishandled Superman's characters according to 50% of fanbase(Superman's fanbase for that matter). The same director is directing the film and they've followed it up with abhorrent casting choices for major characters that people haven't been waiting years for semi-decent renditions of. When your fast tracked B team has better and more appealing cast than your main guns, something quite clearly has gone wrong:mjlol:. If Brett Ratner was announced to direct the next X-MEN flick ,Shane Black for the next Avengers flick or Civil War after what they've previously made, you think people would be looking forward to them?:what:. The Russos would be nowhere fukking near Civil War and especially Avengers: Infinity Wars(Marvel Studios big one) if it wasn't positively received.

Some of you need to stop with this intentional lack of awareness frontin

tumblr_mjfek64UCH1rl3fppo1_400.gif
potency :scusthov:

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Well Marvel is batting .500 with me because I loved 5 of their movies and am between :stopitslime: and :beli: with the other 5.
So the track record logic doesn't work for me. I like what I like and hope for the best for stuff I haven't seen yet. That is why I am still optimistic about the new Fantastic Four movie despite thinking the previous FF movies were ass.

:francis:Last I checked though a .500 batting average is outstanding though.:mjlol:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Probably but Wonder Woman is the biggest character in DC behind Batman and Superman.
In the 70s and amongst the comic bubble maybe but in 2015 the general consensus would indicate it was green arrow. When this WW appears on screen I doubt ppl are going to be going crazy for the simple fact she hasn't been on any form of media in over 30 years and her shyty costume that won't even have the iconic colours :scust:

Last edited:

eufemism

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#uglygang
i'm gonna go watch it opening weekend

if it's trash no way i'm gonna go watch a wack ass justice league movie. i'll go watch wonder woman regardless though, because gal gadot:noah: