Can DC Movies compete with Marvel anymore?

Slystallion

Live to Strive
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
No MCU can touch any of Nolans batman movies but DCU is Snyder and Afflect territory now and it's up in the air with MCU definitely having the edge after the Dark knight era

Daps
Reppin
St louis
Marvel run shyt.

wat6rr.jpg

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
I gotta see how bvs turns out to say if they can compete. Marvel's got a 10 movie head start.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I saw dudes laughing at DC for releasing a Flash movie or a Shazam movie but big up an inhumans movie as if it's the more popular brand?

To be fair taking an unknown/underdog and turning it into a success is Marvel's specialty at this point. Look at The Avengers....B tier team, doing A tier box office numbers.

Look at Guardians Of The Galaxy.....D tier team, again doing A tier box office numbers.

So it's not the same. Outside of Batman and Superman DC is unproven. Marvel announcing The Inhumans will be better received than a Flash announcement because DC has no track record of success with anything other than their A tier guys.

Flash could be great, and The Inhumans could be terrible. I'm just talking about public perception in light of what the companies have done so far.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
We're comparing Marvel's 6th film in their universe to DC's 2nd film?

Marvel had 5 films building up to the Avengers.

Man of Steel made more than Iron Man, Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2, Thor and Captain America.

This comparison doesn't make much sense because it's an A tier DC character vs a bunch of B tier Marvel characters. The Marvel equivalent of Superman would probably be Wolverine, which the MCU can't even use.

Basically what I'm saying is I hope Superman or Batman makes more than Hulk or Captain America. It had better.

Fred.

• Dap
Reactions: TNC

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
As far as the thread title I think DC will be fine but they can't compete at this point. They're too far behind. That's not giving Marvel credit, because their gamble could've just as easily bankrupted the company. They took a risk and it paid off. DC waited, and here we are.

Fred.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
To be fair taking an unknown/underdog and turning it into a success is Marvel's specialty at this point. Look at The Avengers....B tier team, doing A tier box office numbers.

Look at Guardians Of The Galaxy.....D tier team, again doing A tier box office numbers.

So it's not the same. Outside of Batman and Superman DC is unproven. Marvel announcing The Inhumans will be better received than a Flash announcement because DC has no track record of success with anything other than their A tier guys.

Flash could be great, and The Inhumans could be terrible. I'm just talking about public perception in light of what the companies have done so far.

Fred.

There's a difference between public perception, a public that knows the flash, and coli perceptipn. I'm not saying marvel can't make a dope inhumans movie but when I see a flash or Wonder Woman movie announced and dudes talking about scraping at the bottom of a barrel that's when I call shenanigans breh. Flash has been a staple of pop culture since I was a kid. And now he's on a hit tv show so to act like flash is some no name cat is asinine. Completely asinine

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
There's a difference between public perception, a public that knows the flash, and coli perceptipn. I'm not saying marvel can't make a dope inhumans movie but when I see a flash or Wonder Woman movie announced and dudes talking about scraping at the bottom of a barrel that's when I call shenanigans breh. Flash has been a staple of pop culture since I was a kid. And now he's on a hit tv show so to act like flash is some no name cat is asinine. Completely asinine

Nah man, that's not what I'm saying, and The Coli has nothing to do with anything.

The public knows The Flash, yes. But DC has no track record with anything other than Batman and Superman.

Marvel has a 6+ year track record of taking lesser known heroes and giving them A tier success. This "Inhumans" announcement is coming directly after "GOTG", another no-name team, dropped a critically acclaimed $750 mill movie.

You get what I'm saying? It doesn't matter how popular one or the other is, Marvel has a track record whereas DC doesn't. If "GOTG" flopped it would be a different story.

Fred.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Nah man, that's not what I'm saying, and The Coli has nothing to do with anything.

The public knows The Flash, yes. But DC has no track record with anything other than Batman and Superman.

Marvel has a 6+ year track record of taking lesser known heroes and giving them A tier success. This "Inhumans" announcement is coming directly after "GOTG", another no-name team, dropped a critically acclaimed $750 mill movie.

You get what I'm saying? It doesn't matter how popular one or the other is, Marvel has a track record whereas DC doesn't. If "GOTG" flopped it would be a different story.

Fred.

Nah I get what you're saying breh which means we are arguing two different things. I understand the perception in the public that a marvel movie is gold. Got it. But I'm talking about the perception on this board that a flash or Wonder Woman movie is scraping the bottom of the barrel because no one knows who they are or cares. That's a different argument. To believe that the public wouldn't care about a flash or Wonder Woman movie because they don't know who they are is the asinine thing I'm speaking of. That's the shyt that I don't understand.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Nah I get what you're saying breh which means we are arguing two different things. I understand the perception in the public that a marvel movie is gold. Got it. But I'm talking about the perception on this board that a flash or Wonder Woman movie is scraping the bottom of the barrel because no one knows who they are or cares. That's a different argument. To believe that the public wouldn't care about a flash or Wonder Woman movie because they don't know who they are is the asinine thing I'm speaking of. That's the shyt that I don't understand.

Oh nah, that's crazy lol.

The public definitely cares about Flash and Wonder Woman.

I thought you were asking why people are more amped about Inhumans than Flash, not that people were saying Flash is D tier. My bad.

Fred.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

I thought you were asking why people are more amped about Inhumans than Flash, not that people were saying Flash is D tier. My bad.

Fred.

Yeah not at all. Just the dudes on the forum talking reckless like flash and Wonder Woman are D list characters. Like flash isn't on tv right now. It's just the fanboy shyt that frustrates me man. I understand liking characters more than others because I like more marvel characters than dc characters but I'm not going to act like I don't like dc characters at all. Superman batman flash the question green arrow Wonder Woman Martian manhunter deadman are all dope to me and I just want to see dope movies. I don't care who's making them. I said it before and I'll continue to say it: unless I'm on someone's payroll I don't give a shyt. When they start cutting me checks then we can talk

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Ya know, I always thought he was a artsy movie buff type of dude and that's why he hated Marvel movies, but he's a DC stan.... ahhh, it ALL makes sense now. :lolbron:

I dont stan anything. I watch the films and then judge them for myself.

You however are a clear stan. Dont think i didnt see you dapping up posts about marvel crushing dc in the announcement thread.

Or conspiciously absent in the dc film line up thread.

Funny how a suppposedly big comic fan youre all up in the marvel thread but nowhere to be found in the dc one:sas2:

But you told on yourself the day you said the vast majority of people think avengers is a better film than dark knight:sas1:

Last edited:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family

Fred.
The first response to DCs film announcements was that theyre scraping the bottom of the barrell and its got like 20 daps:dwillhuh:

These dudes claim to be comic fans :stopitslime:

More like sheep dikk riding mcus every move because its the "cool" thing right now :scust:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The first response to DCs film announcements was that theyre scraping the bottom of the barrell and its got like 20 daps:dwillhuh:

These dudes claim to be comic fans :stopitslime:

More like sheep dikk riding mcus every move because its the "cool" thing right now :scust:

:manny:

I rarely read every post in a thread. I kinda jump around. If I see certain posters I read their posts. Occasionally I'll go back and read the rest of the thread for context.

Fred.