Can DC Movies compete with Marvel anymore?

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
IMO its not about the Batman and Superman movies, those are gonna put asses in the seats regardless. They have to find a way to make Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, etc..... a box office smash.

Two things BvsS has to be good and I think big casting for suicide Squad is key . They get those big names they talking too and its a war

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
  • Warner announces batman vs superman
    • marvel announces civil war after the fact
  • Warner announces plans till 2019 including shazam
    • marvel announces plans till 2018 after the fact including another thor movie
  • Warner announces title for black hero, cyborg
    • marvel FINALLY announces black panther after the fact
  • Warner announces wonder woman, lead female star hero
    • marvel announces struggle woman marvel girl captain marvel after the fact
  • Warner announces Justice League starring all heroes
    • marvel announces infinity war starring all heroes after the fact
whos really trying to compete here :ohhh:

:russ:

Like Feige called up Boseman after the blockbuster Cyborg announcement with a "now or never" pitch

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Thia thread topic smells of dikkriding....:whew:

Staying away from this thread:deadhorse:

it ain't dikkrding breh.

i'm a dc stan and a marvel stan. i want both to win.

when we start cheerleading for one company over the other it is just our way of celebrating and embracing the competition between the 2. one day i'm wavin my pom poms for marvel but the next day it could be for dc.

today was a huge one for marvel. it's okay to get excited.

Real

Daps
Reppin
Under Your Skin
it ain't dikkrding breh.

i'm a dc stan and a marvel stan. i want both to win.

when we start cheerleading for one company over the other it is just our way of celebrating and embracing the competition between the 2. one day i'm wavin my pom poms for marvel but the next day it could be for dc.

today was a huge one for marvel. it's okay to get excited.
It's been discussed. Its dikk riding.

U can tell by the title alone:laugh:

I would be saying the same thing if it was reversed.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
If anything, DC has the advantage. They can learn from phase 1 of marvel and tweak it to suit there needs.

They own all they intellectual properties (marvel has been doing well with out spidey, xmen, and ff but they would have more creative power if they had them all)

I look forward to how DC will pull of their continuous universe.

-DMP-

BuddahMAC

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
  • Warner announces batman vs superman
    • marvel announces civil war after the fact
Not really. Marvel already did their "combining superhero franchises" in the first place with the plan for Avengers. There will be two movies that already dropped w/ Iron Man & Cap as co-leads before BvS hits theatres. The entire reason DC put Superman & Batman together was to follow the proven very successful MCU franchise and make a path for Justice League. It's subtitled "Dawn of Justice" for that very reason. They might have at least two Avengers in Cap 3 but they already did it in Cap 2 and established being able to do it in any movie they wish with the whole shared universe concept. You have to give the nod to Marvel here.

• Warner announces plans till 2019 including shazam
    • marvel announces plans till 2018 after the fact including another thor movie
Marvel had announced their dates prior to DC, but just hadn't announced which titles (minus Cap 3 & GOTG 2, which moved) went with what date until today. That's why they own May & July, two of the best months for tentpole films, for this whole run; they called it first. Also remember when DC first announced BvS' initial date when it got pushed back to 2016, it was on the same date as an unknown Marvel movie (that's how far back Marvel had these dates announced). Then Marvel announced the film was going to be Cap 3 and that they weren't moving from that date and, ultimately, BvS moved back to March. Again, it's a fact Marvel did call these dates first.

Warner announces title for black hero, cyborg
marvel FINALLY announces black panther after the fact

Feige just confirmed there are Easter eggs for Black Panther in A:AOU and that movie wrapped shooting a while ago. So, if that's already in the pipeline and he's already in the written drafts for Cap 3 with an actor attached, that means that the plan was in motion far before DC announced their ideas. If you want to give DC points for announcing it first, fine, but I'd tend to go with the people who have a plan in motion and story building a character up in the universe instead of announcing a character that's not in their own film until 2020. Black Panther's already third on the call sheet in Cap 3.

Warner announces wonder woman, lead female star hero
    • marvel announces struggle woman marvel girl captain marvel after the fact
This I'll definitely give to DC. They're going out and putting Wonder Woman in the forefront, even having her solo come out before the Justice League movie that BvS: Dawn of Justice is supposed to be setting up.

• Warner announces Justice League starring all heroes
    • marvel announces infinity war starring all heroes after the fact
I don't even get this argument because DC announced Justice League as a direct response to the success of Avengers, which was already the first combining of superhero franchises ever. You can't now claim DC gets credit for Marvel building large on an idea they started in the first place. That makes no sense.

Last edited:

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
I said this in the other thread.

DC needs to just realize they will never outdo marvel. Marvel started before them. DC just need to focus on making sure their films are quaility. DC can still be a force.

Dreamworks know they will never reach Pixar level. But they still make sure their movies are quality. DC needs to do the same thing. Just make the best movie u can make.