Can DC Movies compete with Marvel anymore?

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:snoop: Yes..yes they can. They still have two of the most popular superheroes ever created, not to mention other characters that have been in pop culture for at least 20 years (Flash, Wonder Woman, GL) and being introduced to new fans on a regular basis. I saw dudes laughing at DC for releasing a Flash movie or a Shazam movie but big up an inhumans movie as if it's the more popular brand? Dammit this place is turning into the Arcadium over this shyt. Just be happy we live in a golden age right now, enjoy the movies from all brands and keep it moving. Unless any of you nikkas are getting paid, this constant cheerleading and stanning is getting out of hand.

tumblr_lz9bu35fTe1qinilbo1_250.gif

Daps
Reppin
NYC
i will admit that superman is not the most POPULAR superhero right now but even in spite of that he will always remain the most RECOGNIZABLE one.

superman is in the same spot batman was prior to the nolan series. and as with batman all it took was a great movie to remind everyone just how great of a character he really was. fast forward a few years and batman is grossing a billion at the box office.

superman is still waiting for that great movie. and once we get it (IF we get it), i believe you will see superman go right back to the top.

hopefully batman v superman can be that movie. i am skeptical, but i am also hopeful.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
And people say i just been making up this shyt about people dikk riding everything marvel does and shytting everything dc/fox/sony do. :mjlol:

Should i post the responses to dc announcing their film line up then the same posters responding to marvels :mjlol:

Yup games over guys. Dc cant compete because marvel announced inhumans :mjlol:

:mjpls:

Walgreens

Be Well.
Supporter
Daps
Disney/Marvel definitely has a better hype machine than Warner/DC. Movies and comics. Seems like mainstream people talk about and get more excited for anything Marvel more than they do anything DC.

While I love the DC characters and prefer them over Marvel, I don't have a lot of faith in DC movies and I definitely have zero faith in their comic books. I think DC is trying too hard to catch up. BvS sounds like it's going to be a clusterfukk. It's trying to do too many things at once. Hope I'm proved wrong though.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I think DC will finally build it's own theatrical brand / empire regardless of what Marvel does. Remember, we're gonna see all these movies regardless, we don't compete with one another to see these movies, and with Zack Snyder doing a solid job with MOS, and now doing both BVS and Justice League movies, I think it's safe to say they got the storyboard mapped out beyond what we can comprehend yet. Today's Marvel news was crazy, but we all get excited for this sh*t but kinda let it slip by a month later.
Imagine when BVS drops it's first teaser. People are gonna be like :mjcry::feedme::damn::ohlawd:

At least for me, I want both DC and Marvel to win. Piff for 10 years and beyond. Embrace the meals we're gonna be fed brehs :banderas:

:scust:

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Depends on what Batman vs Superman does, if it underperforms WB will scrap the majority of those movies.

I don't see them being able to generate the same interest Marvel generates with their characters. It just doesn't seem to be there:yeshrug:. In regards to the characters outside of Batman , their "popularity" went out of the window when Thor and Captain America made more than Green Lantern in the same year. Look at what they've done with the Guardians of The Galaxy.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
:snoop: Yes..yes they can. They still have two of the most popular superheroes ever created, not to mention other characters that have been in pop culture for at least 20 years (Flash, Wonder Woman, GL) and being introduced to new fans on a regular basis. I saw dudes laughing at DC for releasing a Flash movie or a Shazam movie but big up an inhumans movie as if it's the more popular brand? Dammit this place is turning into the Arcadium over this shyt. Just be happy we live in a golden age right now, enjoy the movies from all brands and keep it moving. Unless any of you nikkas are getting paid, this constant cheerleading and stanning is getting out of hand.

tumblr_lz9bu35fTe1qinilbo1_250.gif

Lockjaw >>>>> life :ufdup:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
There has only been one movie released in the new WB/DC slate of films, isn't it a bit too soon to even be posing this question about whether they can compete?
And I am first day at all of these movies because the whole idea of rooting for one movie company over another is kinda retarded.
This isn't politics or professional sports.:what:

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Shazam easter eggs all up on The Flash show tonight, but its not even in the same universe as the forthcoming movie :sadcam:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Ya know, I always thought he was a artsy movie buff type of dude and that's why he hated Marvel movies, but he's a DC stan.... ahhh, it ALL makes sense now. :lolbron:

Nah he's not he just hates the fanboy shyt and I do too. I only did the face because he and I talk about that shyt all the time. There's a bias toward marvel stuff on this board specifically marvel studio stuff and anything not marvel studios gets shyt thrown at it before one scene is even shown or criticisms are lobbied at it but when those same criticisms could be said for a marvel studios flick, dudes get their panties in a tussle. It's hypocrisy to a tee but it is what it is

Bruce Wayne

THE GODDAMN BILLIONAIRE
Daps
Reppin
Gotham City
tumblr_ne686kgfII1snteogo2_250.gif

Some of these Responses are just Straight Hate. Friendly Competition is Fun but it's another thing to just say that anything under a Billion in Box Office is a Flop. Marvel started long before DC and DC is noticeab behind and out numbered but I don't think that means that JL can't be successful with Solo Films and as a Group Film. If given the right Story then Yes. Marvel has Asses in the seats for the next 4-5 Years and probably much longer than that, DC doesn't but they have the potential to. People are Iffy about this Aquaman and Wonder Woman but are so eager to see Black Panther and Spidey join The Avengers. I'm not but Marvel is definitely more Popular and the Sure Shot at being Entertaining. DC has some Characters that are...how can I say this without hurting DC?...they have some Characters that aren't as Creatively Well Put Together as Marvel. People liked seeing Groot and Rocket on screen but how would People react to seeing a DC Movie featuring Detective Chimp and...:russ: Gorilla Grodd?:manny: I think it depends on what you like in a Comic Book Story on Film so Do You.