Can DC Movies compete with Marvel anymore?

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
We don't need to turn this into a stan war...

Both Marvel and DC about to eat real well off me for the next 6 years :wow:

I'm saying! Why can't nikkas just enjoy and reflect on a time ago where studios were afraid to do comic book flicks. Now we're going to get possibly 4 or 5 a year. Think about that for a second.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
I dont stan anything. I watch the films and then judge them for myself.

Sure. :sas1:

You however are a clear stan. Dont think i didnt see you dapping up posts about marvel crushing dc in the announcement thread.

Or conspiciously absent in the dc film line up thread.

I AM a comic stan, I've got over 10,000 books that validate that, I like Marvel, DC, Image, Indies and everything in between but I make NO BONES about preferring Marvel the most, I have always been honest and upfront about that. Why are YOU acting like you aren't biased against Marvel/biased for DC? :sas2:

And I wasn't up in the thread because UNLIKE YOU, I don't see the point or find enjoyment in shytting and hating on other people's joy and happiness. :lolbron:

I don't need to or have any desire to enter any thread with the sole purpose of hating. I was like like the DC fans have their fun, they deserve it, just like the Marvel fans deserve to have their fun in their thread. There is room for both. But then you came into each Marvel thread with the sole intention of being a jerk and hating. I saw you in the Age of Ultron thread, every post you made was negative. You over here trying to pontificate scene quality of a teaser trailer :patrice:, Why?

Funny how a suppposedly big comic fan youre all up in the marvel thread but nowhere to be found in the dc one:sas2:

Yes because a bunch of cue cards with character names on them ain't enough to pique my interest. If I say the name "Booster Gold" or "Captain Atom", do you get amped? :gladbron:

Get back at me when they make a trailer or give some solid info, then I'll be impressed.

But you told on yourself the day you said the vast majority of people think avengers is a better film than dark knight:sas1:

Yes, because I take people speaking with their wallets and hard earned money with more merit than internet polls. :troll:

At your job (if you're employeed), is your value to the company judged by your salary or employee likability polls? :usure:[/QUOTE]

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Sure. :sas1:

I AM a comic stan, I've got over 10,000 books that validate that, I like Marvel, DC, Image, Indies and everything in between but I make NO BONES about preferring Marvel the most, I have always been honest and upfront about that. Why are YOU acting like you aren't biased against Marvel/biased for DC? :sas2:

And I wasn't up in the thread because UNLIKE YOU, I don't see the point or find enjoyment in shytting and hating on other people's joy and happiness. :lolbron:

I don't need to or have any desire to enter any thread with the sole purpose of hating. I was like like the DC fans have their fun, they deserve it, just like the Marvel fans deserve to have their fun in their thread. There is room for both. But then you came into each Marvel thread with the sole intention of being a jerk and hating. I saw you in the Age of Ultron thread, every post you made was negative. You over here trying to pontificate scene quality of a teaser trailer :patrice:, Why?

Yes because a bunch of cue cards with character names on them ain't enough to pique my interest. If I say the name "Booster Gold" or "Captain Atom", do you get amped? :gladbron:

Get back at me when they make a trailer or give some solid info, then I'll be impressed.

Yes, because I take people speaking with their wallets and hard earned money with more merit than internet polls. :troll:

At your job (if you're employeed), is your value to the company judged by your salary or employee likability polls? :usure:
[/QUOTE]

So you admit youre a mcu stan and the only reason youd enter a DC thread is to hate. :mjlol:

An actual comic book fan would be interested in both.

So marvel announcing movies makes you determine they are crushing DC, but dc doing the exact same thing means nothing to you :mjlol:

Ill never get over the idiocy of believing box office total = quality of a film.

By your own logic is man of steel a better film than iron man?

And then you also agree amazing spider man is a better film than winter soldier.

Im not biased towards anything. I like films and base my judgement on each individual film. Unlike you who sees marvel and creams in his pants :mjlol:

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@marcuz are you saying that there shouldn't be any cgi for ultron? Or you just want half and half?

i'm saying what i said, 100% cgi looks stupid. a blend of realistic costumes, animatronics, and cgi goes a lot further on camera. all that transformers, 100% cgi, motion capture, ultron with eyebrows and teeth bullshyt looks underwhelming.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
So you admit youre a mcu stan and the only reason youd enter a DC thread is to hate. :mjlol:

Twist words and make up your own interpretation, brehs :troll:

An actual comic book fan would be interested in both.

And I am. :sas1:

Why aren't you? :sas2:

So marvel announcing movies makes you determine they are crushing DC, but dc doing the exact same thing means nothing to you :mjlol:

Because I made constant posts gushing over Marvel listing there line ups and surely my post history shows, this, right? :sas1:

Ill never get over the idiocy of believing box office total = quality of a film.

Because you seem to be inept in understanding the business aspect of all this and how important this is. I would try to break it down for you, but I don't think you have any intention of listening to perspectives outside of your own. :yeshrug:

By your own logic is man of steel a better film than iron man?

And then you also agree amazing spider man is a better film than winter soldier.

You still don't get it, at this point you are hearing what you want to hear :wow:

Im not biased towards anything. I like films and base my judgement on each individual film. Unlike you who sees marvel and creams in his pants :mjlol:

Sure :sas1:

Track records and posting histories speak for themselves. Compare my post history and content regarding comic movies to yours. You'll see rational discourse on my end, on yours you'll see literally 3 figures worth of negative posts regarding comic movies. Yet you aren't biased towards anything :sas2:

At this point, I think you sincerely get enjoyment out of being an antagonist. :ohhh:

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
You guys are weird arguing this. I'm pretty much seeing all movies from both companies. I didn't grow up aligned with one side. Batman is my favorite, but I like Cap and Spider-Man too.

Unless y'all making money off these films y'all sound strange. Ima be there for Black Panther AND Shazam. Cap 3 AND BvS.

Last edited:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Twist words and make up your own interpretation, brehs :troll:

And I am. :sas1:

Why aren't you? :sas2:

Because I made constant posts gushing over Marvel listing there line ups and surely my post history shows, this, right? :sas1:

Because you seem to be inept in understanding the business aspect of all this and how important this is. I would try to break it down for you, but I don't think you have any intention of listening to perspectives outside of your own. :yeshrug:

You still don't get it, at this point you are hearing what you want to hear :wow:

Sure :sas1:

Track records and posting histories speak for themselves. Compare my post history and content regarding comic movies to yours. You'll see rational discourse on my end, on yours you'll see literally 3 figures worth of negative posts regarding comic movies. Yet you aren't biased towards anything :sas2:

At this point, I think you sincerely get enjoyment out of being an antagonist. :ohhh:
Looking through your post history is embarrassing.

You think the majority of people believe avatar is the greatest film of all time :dead:

Nothing more needs to be said about your lack of knowledge towards film.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
You guys are weird arguing this. I'm pretty much all movies from both companies. I didn't grow up aligned with one side. Batman is my favorite, but I like Cap and Spider-Man too.

Unless y'all making money off these films y'all sound strange. Ima be there for Black Panther AND Shazam. Cap 3 AND BvS.

Word is fukkin bond. These nikkas acting like Marvel or DC are cutting them checks. Stan billion dollar companies that don't pay you any residuals brehs

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have no bias towards either comic company even tho marvel blew my mind yesterday we owe it to all of ourselves to keep the competition between the big brothers alive.

Live someone said in the other thread this WWF Vs WCW all over again and the best part was during the war. As soon as vince won this nikka bought them and shut it down then they got complacent fukking up the product!!

Every comic flick from fox sony WB and Marvel i will support so that these nikkas go hard every damn release and respect our $$$

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
Looking through your post history is embarrassing.

You think the majority of people believe avatar is the greatest film of all time :dead:

Nothing more needs to be said about your lack of knowledge towards film.

Notice how everything you said addressed none of the points I brought up :sas1:

And the things you don't ignore, you just make up your own assessment. :heh:

I don't know why you have a hard time believing what people actually DO and spend money on means more than what people say. People speak with their wallets and actions speak louder than words. You say more people liked TDK based on some FREE internet reviews, but Avengers sold more tickets and made more money. If these people on the internet that all prefer that movie, why didn't it sell more tickets than Avengers?

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
The better question should be when will Marvel cartoons ever compete with DC's.

Yeah, I can admit this. DC has had a steady stream of great cartoons whereas Marvel has been struggling to get something solid out for an extended period of time since X-Men TAS and Spider-Man TAS