Can DC Movies compete with Marvel anymore?

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Even though I'm overall a Marvel fan I'm starting to like DC movies because they don't put to much comedy in it like Marvel does. And I like the seriousness of DC movies.

dc only cut out the csmpy, when auxilliary campy franchises like:

catwoman
green lantern
failed to draw given their general campy approach.
of not for burton and later dk.
creating the spreadsheet precedence for dc to abandon its family times/campy direction.
they would have continued making those campy style movies.
to this day, I think I am the only one who went to see catwoman and green lantern knowing to the expect typical dc campy shyt. Everyone else went in those films thinking they were getting some burton/nolan/snyder style film and lost.
as the snyder/nolan/burton style dc film is a deviation from dc's usual scope, and not the norm.
anyone who read dc before they grasped at straws in the 90's killing batman and superman should know this.
dc, is the wholesome mother's group company.
unless it is a vertigo or dark knight based style deviation/endorsed.
dc, created campy and corny.
as, their franchises were symbols of unifying a nation during war.
completely different from marvel.
who sprang up to prominence with titles.
outside of catain America, as a war time character fixture.
that emulated the civil rights era with xmen.
coupled with the pr'd teen to adulthood angst like the Gen that influenced spidey.

Art Barr

Last edited:

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
my only gripe with dc is not linking the movies to the tv shows other than that I'll be supporting we do need that John Stewart GL tho

I am glad they are keeping those universes separate. The whole REASON AoS is suffering is because they cannot have the creative freedom to be it's own identity and is forced to be pitted into a story line which means most of the episodes are filler bits. The LAST thing we want is Arrow to be part of the SNYDERVERSE.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
now we gonna have Superman and 50 year old batman face off against Lex Luger
lex-luger-pec-flex-o.gif

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
I was sitting there not liking BvS.

This is not a good sign.

The comic fan in me loved the Easter eggs but most people don't know what that stuff is. My theater was surprisingly not packed.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
  • Warner announces batman vs superman
    • marvel announces civil war after the fact
  • Warner announces plans till 2019 including shazam
    • marvel announces plans till 2018 after the fact including another thor movie
  • Warner announces title for black hero, cyborg
    • marvel FINALLY announces black panther after the fact
  • Warner announces wonder woman, lead female star hero
    • marvel announces struggle woman marvel girl captain marvel after the fact
  • Warner announces Justice League starring all heroes
    • marvel announces infinity war starring all heroes after the fact
whos really trying to compete here :ohhh:

:sas2: now

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Nah he's not he just hates the fanboy shyt and I do too. I only did the face because he and I talk about that shyt all the time. There's a bias toward marvel stuff on this board specifically marvel studio stuff and anything not marvel studios gets shyt thrown at it before one scene is even shown or criticisms are lobbied at it but when those same criticisms could be said for a marvel studios flick, dudes get their panties in a tussle. It's hypocrisy to a tee but it is what it is
:martin:
I dont stan anything. I watch the films and then judge them for myself.

You however are a clear stan. Dont think i didnt see you dapping up posts about marvel crushing dc in the announcement thread.

Or conspiciously absent in the dc film line up thread.

Funny how a suppposedly big comic fan youre all up in the marvel thread but nowhere to be found in the dc one:sas2:

But you told on yourself the day you said the vast majority of people think avengers is a better film than dark knight:sas1:
:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

Im not biased towards anything. I like films and base my judgement on each individual film. Unlike you who sees marvel and creams in his pants :mjlol:

:picard::mjlol:

:mjgrin:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
:wow: shat on these DC stans

talkin bout Marvels villains but killing off their best ones when they trying to copy and build franchises :wow:

now we gonna have Superman and 50 year old batman face off against Lex Luger whose waging his own war against anorexia :wow:
No body wanted to see anorexic lex and drunk old Batman with emo superman :wow:

How about now?! :russ:
:laff: