Can DC Movies compete with Marvel anymore?

Vonte3000

Chance 3 :wow: :blessed:
Daps
Reppin
Darien Ga
Why does everybody act like marvel is churning out A+ movies. Most of them shyts is mediocre as fukk. I think dc can easily compete, they gotta step they shyt up though. I ain't been impressed since the dark knight.
D.C. movies:
Cat Woman

Jonah Hex

Green Lantern

Superman Returns :bryan:

Man of Steel which was :ehh:

D.C. is hangin by TDKR's boot straps

Why do they get a pass for all these fukk ups?

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yeah, I can admit this. DC has had a steady stream of great cartoons whereas Marvel has been struggling to get something solid out for an extended period of time since X-Men TAS and Spider-Man TAS

Watch your mouth breh. Spectacular spider man is dope too and that's that, avengers earths mightiest heroes and wolverine and the x men are the last dope things they've done. Ever since they came under the Disney umbrella they all been doo doo

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
D.C. movies:
Cat Woman

Jonah Hex

Green Lantern

Superman Returns :bryan:

Man of Steel which was :ehh:

D.C. is hangin by TDKR's boot straps

Why do they get a pass for all these fukk ups?

people realize most of those were (most not all) were done in vacuums and not part of a whole like man of steel is set off. Different creative teams etc

Daps
Reppin
NYC
does marvel have an incredibly high batting average when it comes to quality films? no, but they do have a proven track record of being able to turn their characters into superstars.

at the end of the day good or bad marvel has still accomplished the most important thing they set out to do, and that was to both educate and familiarize the general audience with these characters and these concepts. thor 1 wasn't really a great movie but when it was over you know who this guy was and what he's about. cap 1 wasn't really a great movie but when it was over you knew who this guy was and what he's about. say what you want about the movies themselves but for the most part they've all gotten the characters right, and they made people care about them just enough to hold on for the ride and make it to avengers.

this is why as fans we tend to be more receptive towards marvel's announcements moving forward than we are towards WB and DC. because if there's one thing we can guarantee with marvel it's that they're going to do the character justice. and hey every so often, they deliver a damn good movie.

with DC we just don't know what to expect yet. this is the same company that could not even make superman popular again, so it remains to be seen whether the SAME DIRECTOR can knock it out of the park this time. one can only hope he benefited from working with this new creative team. point blank they still need to prove themselves, marvel doesn't.

BUT....

if BVS is good?? then all bets are off. if that movie is a hit you might as well just put them neck and neck with marvel. in fact one might argue dc would have the momentum moving forward because of their more legendary roster. while marvel is out there puttin out doctor strange and black panther, dc could be putting out DEATH OF SUPERMAN.

so yea, anything is possible.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
Watch your mouth breh. Spectacular spider man is dope too and that's that, avengers earths mightiest heroes and wolverine and the x men are the last dope things they've done. Ever since they came under the Disney umbrella they all been doo doo

EMH was good, but it doesn't compare to what McDuffie did with Justice League and JLU.

And maybe I never saw enough of Spectacular Spider-Man but I wasn't impressed with it IIRC. Wolverine and the X-Men has promise but only lasted one season.

As we learned with Young Justice, all these cartoons need to sell more toys if they want to survive :mjcry:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
EMH was good, but it doesn't compare to what McDuffie did with Justice League and JLU.

And maybe I never saw enough of Spectacular Spider-Man but I wasn't impressed with it IIRC. Wolverine and the X-Men has promise but only lasted one season.

As we learned with Young Justice, all these cartoons need to sell more toys if they want to survive :mjcry:

Breh. :ufdup: Spec spidey is the greatest adaptation of spider man ever. Ever.

And spec didn't last because marvel was able to obtain the animation rights for spider man and wanted to make a show for kids. Hence ultimate spider man

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: TNC

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
YjYBjcI.gif

Vonte3000

Daps
Reppin
Darien Ga
people realize most of those were (most not all) were done in vacuums and not part of a whole like man of steel is set off. Different creative teams etc
So D.C. gets a pass for these just like that? shyt movies but it's ok they were stand alone

Marvel's movies have never been that bad, mediocre at their worst

Not to mention they make great family movies and still stick to their characters

Last thing my girl's little brother needed to see was his favorite super hero snappin a nikka's neck

Don Mack

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Outside of Batman and Superman, there are NO DC characters that can stand alone in their own movies and be a megahit at the box office that don't already have a tv show (Green Arrow and Flash)

Vonte3000

Daps
Reppin
Darien Ga
Outside of Batman and Superman, there are NO DC characters that can stand alone in their own movies and be a megahit at the box office that don't already have a tv show (Green Arrow and Flash)
You never know bruh, Iron Man wasn't a major character in the comics

The writing and casting of RDJ were just perfect, everything aligned just the right way to give the perfect jumpstart

Look at GOTG

A Racc00n and a talking tree:wow:

Box office and critical smash :banderas:

That bein said, D.C. has a shyt track record and them playin catch up is gone make them rush and fumble.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
So D.C. gets a pass for these just like that? shyt movies but it's ok they were stand alone

Marvel's movies have never been that bad, mediocre at their worst

Not to mention they make great family movies and still stick to their characters

Last thing my girl's little brother needed to see was his favorite super hero snappin a nikka's neck

It's not even excusing it breh as much as its fans being smart enough to know the deal behind those. If that's the case we should hold marvel accountable for Howard the duck but no one does because they undersfand the stuff behind the scenes. And with man of steel some people like it or love it and some don't. Nothing wrong with that at all breh. And I can't speak on them being family movies or not that's not a concern of mine yet but speaking as a kid who saw batman at 3 and batman returns at 6, there's worse things in those then seeing a guy get his neck snapped especially batman returns.

But obviously not every parent is going to agree with what is and what isn't family friendly that's subjective