Can DC Movies compete with Marvel anymore?

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
well the topic of the thread was "can they compete with marvel".

if marvel's flagship crossover franchise grossing in the billy range and the dc flagships are only grossing in the milly range... then yea it does kinda shed light on the situation doesn't it?

but so much could change in a year. when that first BVS trailer hits it could all change.
We're comparing Marvel's 6th film in their universe to DC's 2nd film?

Marvel had 5 films building up to the Avengers.

Man of Steel made more than Iron Man, Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2, Thor and Captain America.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
We're comparing Marvel's 6th film in their universe to DC's 2nd film?

Marvel had 5 films building up to the Avengers.
Which is why everything hinges on BVS.

if that movie dissapoints then don't expect justice league to be anywhere near the hit that avengers was.

The entire future of the DCCU depends on how much people like BVS.

Un-AmericanDreamer

Simp City
Daps
  • Warner announces batman vs superman
    • marvel announces civil war after the fact
  • Warner announces plans till 2019 including shazam
    • marvel announces plans till 2018 after the fact including another thor movie
  • Warner announces title for black hero, cyborg
    • marvel FINALLY announces black panther after the fact
  • Warner announces wonder woman, lead female star hero
    • marvel announces struggle woman marvel girl captain marvel after the fact
  • Warner announces Justice League starring all heroes
    • marvel announces infinity war starring all heroes after the fact
whos really trying to compete here :ohhh:

Go back to slobbing randy orton's knob, this comic book thing ain't for you. This is coming from a DC fan, DCU ain't seeing MCU. DC animation>>>>Marvel animation.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
I'm really interested to see what they do with Aquaman. Justice League is obviously going to be epic, but they'll be better off using Brainiac as the villain over Darkseid who was the inspiration for Thanos.

Daps
Reppin
The Ghetto of Oz
Both camps will make a boatload of money but don't forget

There's other players in the game too...ex: Star Wars is coming back with the next generation

Either the water level rises and everyone eats good or they over saturate the market,
the home viewing experience takes the next step and these studios shark each other over the remains

HamAndEgger

All Star
Daps
I think DC will finally build it's own theatrical brand / empire regardless of what Marvel does. Remember, we're gonna see all these movies regardless, we don't compete with one another to see these movies, and with Zack Snyder doing a solid job with MOS, and now doing both BVS and Justice League movies, I think it's safe to say they got the storyboard mapped out beyond what we can comprehend yet. Today's Marvel news was crazy, but we all get excited for this sh*t but kinda let it slip by a month later.
Imagine when BVS drops it's first teaser. People are gonna be like :mjcry::feedme::damn::ohlawd:

At least for me, I want both DC and Marvel to win. Piff for 10 years and beyond. Embrace the meals we're gonna be fed brehs :banderas: