Cam'ron: Nas LOVES hip hop. Jay is an opportunist. There's a difference

ajnapoleon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kanye is a bozo and not considered Goat level

Hammer said don't try to be friends now after shytting on him (I agree with Hammer)

Tip did concerts last year

Jay is a self proclaimed GOAT of rap and to not do zilch last year? Again, no one said he had to tour or anything. Sponsor a shoq. Do a TV special or documentary on Hip Hop at 50. Show up to a show in the audience. Something to acknowledge what put you in a position to be where you are today. Loves the money way more than the art. He's not alone in that thinking of course, but you supposed to be a Mt Rushmore type nikka in hip hop history. Again, just real disappointing, but not really surprising. He's said forever that it's about the money. Can't fault him because He wasn't lying.
I don’t get it

Every one says he is not a goat

They hate him

They say they don’t listen to his music

Why do anything?

You got the loved ones doing all the concerts

It’s weird

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Everybody with a functioning brain whose listened to more than 2 minutes of both of them accepts this truth as self evident.

Jay wanted to retire after his first album. Actually DID retire after his 8th. And came back mostly because he missed the limelight and there was $150 Million on the table for him with Live Nation.

Nas has stated he’ll be rapping until he’s 80. He put out SIX ALBUMS in three years and is about to put out another one before year’s end.

Jay-Z is a businessman who raps.

Nas is a rapper who does business.
It's clear to see. nikkas in here arguing just to be contrarian. We don't know neither one of these nikkas personally. All we have is what they say out of their mouths and the moves they make as evidence.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
doing that goofy shyt for Tom Brady.

Showing up over the weekend to perform that forced ass pop Empire State of Mind song at the Tony Awards with Alicia Keys.

You can make time for that shyt tho right?

:francis:
Jigga an INTJ man he ain't ever gonna let Ether go. He'll smile and dap Nas up but that shyt still burnniiinnnnnn

ajnapoleon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
who says Jay isn't a GOAT? :what:
Pull up jay name on here

On other hip-hop forums

Pull up vald interviews

Other interviews

Melle mell

Twitter

IG comments

It’s every where

“Jay got washed”

No one listens to RD

Breh let’s not act dense

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Jigga an INTJ man he ain't ever gonna let Ether go. He'll smile and dap Nas up but that shyt still burnniiinnnnnn

I don't understand what Jay not doing anything last year has to do with Nas. Coulda done some shyt on his own. A one time Roc Reunion Concert. History of hip hop in Brooklyn documentary or something. Show a LITTLE love on the anniverary man.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Pull up jay name on here

On other hip-hop forums

Pull up vald interviews

Other interviews

Melle mell

Twitter

IG comments

It’s every where

“Jay got washed”

No one listens to RD

Breh let’s not act dense
Internet is not the real world. Jay's a fukkin legend even if you don't think he's A or THE Goat. Dude is a legend.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
I don't understand what Jay not doing anything last year has to do with Nas. Coulda done some shyt on his own. A one time Roc Reunion Concert. History of hip hop in Brooklyn documentary or something. Show a LITTLE love on the anniverary man.
it's like you forgot what happened.

Hip Hop as a community laughed at him crying on the radio. Even his own crew was clowning, go watch a Memphis Bleek interview.

The Nas battle changed him. He ain't thinking bout Hip Hop or you nikkas anymore. nikka went straight to Linkin Park after that.

He said fukk yall nikkas I'm crossing over

ajnapoleon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Internet is not the real world. Jay's a fukkin legend even if you don't think he's A or THE Goat. Dude is a legend.
Where?

He brought all those albums

Kanye saved him

Dame saved him

Beyonce saved him

All of his raps are biggie

Why want him to do anything

That’s what I don’t get

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
nikka put a museum of HIMSELF in BK in the middle of all that shyt. And nikkas wonder why people look at him in this manner? Lol.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Where?

He brought all those albums

Kanye saved him

Dame saved him

Beyonce saved him

All of his raps are biggie

Why want him to do anything

That’s what I don’t get

Despite all of this...dude's record speaks for itself. You the Mike Jordan of rap, celebrate it.

(even MJ always makes sure to show his respect for the game)

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
it's like you forgot what happened.

Hip Hop as a community laughed at him crying on the radio. Even his own crew was clowning, go watch a Memphis Bleek interview.

The Nas battle changed him. He ain't thinking bout Hip Hop or you nikkas anymore. nikka went straight to Linkin Park after that.

He said fukk yall nikkas I'm crossing over

So his feelings got hurt based on him not winning a battle he initiated? nikka stopped speaking to Fat Man Scoop for a decade just cause he said he felt Nas won. Sounds like some emotional shyt. If that's the case Nas would've been gave up on Hip Hop. He been getting criticized since Illmatic. And got snubbed by the magazine that gave him his 5 mics for Biggie. And artist that didn't get 5 mics. Lol. U just basically said Jay is an emotional person.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Maybe others were advocating for Nas to get involved with it more than any other rapper. Nas is more liked so it made sense for him to get into that. Jay detaches himself from the actual culture. He’s also not active unless he has something coming down the line like a project or other venture.

Nas and Mass Appeal put all that stuff together themselves. Nas was at the forefront of it starting in 2021 he had a plan for Hip Hop Is 50 which will culminate in the Hip Hop Museum being unveiled next year.

So what we saying?

The music and moves speak for themselves.

Jay aint performing at rock the bells. He rather perform for bradys and krafts of the world. No hate.

Just the facts of the matter

Ironically, Jay-Z HAS performed at Rock The Bells WITH Nas lol

How would you classify Jay's collab album with Jay E?

He's also known not to charge for samples and guess features according to Kdot

Him not showing up to perform at HipHip is 50 celebrations negate the other ways he's shown up for the culture at his own expense

Helped Wayne pay off millions of dollars in taxes

He isn't as active as Nas the last 5, 10 yrs but Nas isn't married to Beyonce and the father of 3 small children

Not say Jay isn't an opportunist, but aren't we all?

This is fair. Its a more nuanced conversation to be had but when you boil it all down the basics I feel its quite obvious Cam is speaking facts here.

This is valid. I don't really look at Cole, Kendrick and Drake tho cause they a different generation. But the rest. shyt Kanye is an ultimate narcissist with BPD. I coulda sworn 50 was around tho. 3 Stacks definitely don't respect or love Hip hop and nobody can tell me different.

Woah woah Andre 3000 gave us half of ATLiens and Aquemini. To say he’s NEVER deeply loved or respected Hip Hop is a pretentious statement to make about one of our greatest and most important artists. I’d argue that he’s showing his immense love and respect for the genre by NOT forcing himself to put out some bullshyt album that his heart wasn’t into just to capitalize off his name and make money. Sometimes you can show respect for something by NOT engaging with it if you know you’re not able to give it your all.

DontEemTry

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nikka put a museum of HIMSELF in BK in the middle of all that shyt. And nikkas wonder why people look at him in this manner? Lol.

Apparently he had nothing to do with that though :manny:

I gotta wonder though, if you're looking at it from an unemotional standpoint, maybe Jay sees hiphop for what it is. Like Umar said, after 50 years hiphop doesn't have anything tangible to show for it :mjpls:

The people that made the most off hiphop these last 50 years is cacs and vultures. Maybe the nikka just see through the bullshyt. :ehh: