Cam'ron: Nas LOVES hip hop. Jay is an opportunist. There's a difference

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Like I said before. Noone who listens to Nas and pays attention to his moves can dispute his love for Hip Hop bleeds thru. I happen to have had a window into some of the background shyt he does for some of these OGs. Not when something tragic happens. Just on some straight up love shyt. shyt Ra went from type being jealous and hating on Nas to loving this nikka. Like I said. Look at Aries Spears describe his interactions with Nas vs Jay and the difference is clear. The argument ain't about Jay not loving Hip Hop. It's about Nas loving Hip Hop more than Jay. Which Jay has readily admitted. Jay spent half his career acting like he's too cool to be labeled a rapper.

It's still laughable to question or even say one loves Hip Hop more than the other. Nas and Jay are the only ones who can vouch for that. We don't know their hearts, minds, or intentions.

Using the term opportunist is a slippery slope because of the negative connotation, but the term can also be neutral. Being an opportunist has nothing to do with whether someone loves something or not. Someone sees an opportunity and they take advantage of the opportunity to advance themselves had nothing to do with their love or lack thereof. Ask a man whether he loves his wife. She's only his wife because he made the most of an opportunity first by pursuing her and then by making her his wife.

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
We said the same about 50 (after the 1st album) on here years ago.

That’s the issue with hip hop, the ‘cross over’.

Whoever’s successful wanna turn they back on the culture in a heartbeat.

The list is endless.

White acceptance is the elephant in the room.
dont start this
its money and respect from your peers

the reason so many people love Jay's rhymes is because he raps from the perspective of someone trying to make money
certain people relate to that

nothing wrong with the route he took because he took his craft serious...
its only an issue when cats take hip hop for a joke

he came into the game saying exactly what it was

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Nas and Mass Appeal put all that stuff together themselves. Nas was at the forefront of it starting in 2021 he had a plan for Hip Hop Is 50 which will culminate in the Hip Hop Museum being unveiled next year.

Ironically, Jay-Z HAS performed at Rock The Bells WITH Nas lol

This is fair. Its a more nuanced conversation to be had but when you boil it all down the basics I feel its quite obvious Cam is speaking facts here.

Woah woah Andre 3000 gave us half of ATLiens and Aquemini. To say he’s NEVER deeply loved or respected Hip Hop is a pretentious statement to make about one of our greatest and most important artists. I’d argue that he’s showing his immense love and respect for the genre by NOT forcing himself to put out some bullshyt album that his heart wasn’t into just to capitalize off his name and make money. Sometimes you can show respect for something by NOT engaging with it if you know you’re not able to give it your all.

doing that flute performance at that jazz festival was disrespectful as fukk to hip hop. nikka been peddling thay people shouldn't be rapping after a certain age for years now and even Wayne ended up saying he was disheartened by the shyt 3K was saying. What does he do for hip hop? In any way? How does he show he loved hip hop? Any more than Big Boi does? Let's take the emotions out of it. I'm not saying he never loved hip hop. But he clearly doesn't have the love for it that we are talking about in this thread. JAY'S love for Hip Hop >>>>>> Andre 3K.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
It's still laughable to question or even say one loves Hip Hop more than the other. Nas and Jay are the only ones who can vouch for that. We don't know their hearts, minds, or intentions.

Using the term opportunist is a slippery slope because of the negative connotation, but the term can also be neutral. Being an opportunist has nothing to do with whether someone loves something or not. Someone sees an opportunity and they take advantage of the opportunity to advance themselves had nothing to do with their love or lack thereof. Ask a man whether he loves his wife. She's only his wife because he made the most of an opportunity first by pursuing her and then by making her his wife.
Cam never said opportunist tho. If u watched the video. Cam said his moves are more business motivated than Hip Hop motivated. He said it's clear Jay loves hip hop but he said u can see the difference in how Nas moves versus someone like Jay. Cam knows Jay more than any of us. Was on a label with him. Beefed wit him. Made up with him. Even performed with him a few years ago.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cam never said opportunist tho. If u watched the video. Cam said his moves are more business motivated than Hip Hop motivated. He said it's clear Jay loves hip hop but he said u can see the difference in how Nas moves versus someone like Jay. Cam knows Jay more than any of us. Was on a label with him. Beefed wit him. Made up with him. Even performed with him a few years ago.

All of it is still business though.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
So his feelings got hurt based on him not winning a battle he initiated? nikka stopped speaking to Fat Man Scoop for a decade just cause he said he felt Nas won. Sounds like some emotional shyt. If that's the case Nas would've been gave up on Hip Hop. He been getting criticized since Illmatic. And got snubbed by the magazine that gave him his 5 mics for Biggie. And artist that didn't get 5 mics. Lol. U just basically said Jay is an emotional person.
he cried on radio after losing a battle. that aint emotional??

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
doing that flute performance at that jazz festival was disrespectful as fukk to hip hop. nikka been peddling thay people shouldn't be rapping after a certain age for years now and even Wayne ended up saying he was disheartened by the shyt 3K was saying. What does he do for hip hop? In any way? How does he show he loved hip hop? Any more than Big Boi does? Let's take the emotions out of it. I'm not saying he never loved hip hop. But he clearly doesn't have the love for it that we are talking about in this thread. JAY'S love for Hip Hop >>>>>> Andre 3K.

I fail to see how Andre performing a flute song at a JAZZ FESTIVAL is disrespectful to Hip Hop. I’ve been to Jazz festivals, nobody showing up to no Jazz festival to hear raps. It would be disrespectful if he actually showed up to a Hip Hop 50 event doing flute performances but he doesn’t do that.

I’d say his lackluster performance during the Outkast 20th Anniversary shows were disrespectful to Hip Hop. But doing a side project where he CLEARLY stated from jump that it had nothing to do with rap isn’t disrespect. T.I. Doing standup comedy isn’t disrespectful to Hip Hop so why is Andre playing the flute?

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
We said the same about 50 (after the 1st album) on here years ago.

That’s the issue with hip hop, the ‘cross over’.

Whoever’s successful wanna turn they back on the culture in a heartbeat.

The list is endless.

White acceptance is the elephant in the room.
Prolly cause the culture keeps tryna kill them or get them hemmed up. Why wouldn’t you turn your back on that

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
So his feelings got hurt based on him not winning a battle he initiated? nikka stopped speaking to Fat Man Scoop for a decade just cause he said he felt Nas won. Sounds like some emotional shyt. If that's the case Nas would've been gave up on Hip Hop. He been getting criticized since Illmatic. And got snubbed by the magazine that gave him his 5 mics for Biggie. And artist that didn't get 5 mics. Lol. U just basically said Jay is an emotional person.

Nas lowkey initiated that battle but this ain’t the time for that conversation….

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Whats the big deal? Jay has said far worse himself :mjlol:. "Dumbed down my lyrics to double my dollars"

Dude has let it be known from jump what he is about. He is bout that bread. You dont become a billionaire any other way. He is still great. You can still like him. At some point in fandom you have to come to grips with the fact that your favorite artist isnt a flawless pure angel. Again its ok. You can still like him.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
I fail to see how Andre performing a flute song at a JAZZ FESTIVAL is disrespectful to Hip Hop. I’ve been to Jazz festivals, nobody showing up to no Jazz festival to hear raps. It would be disrespectful if he actually showed up to a Hip Hop 50 event doing flute performances but he doesn’t do that.

I’d say his lackluster performance during the Outkast 20th Anniversary shows were disrespectful to Hip Hop. But doing a side project where he CLEARLY stated from jump that it had nothing to do with rap isn’t disrespect. T.I. Doing standup comedy isn’t disrespectful to Hip Hop so why is Andre playing the flute?
How bout this. Tell me what Andre has done the last 10 years to prove he loves hip hop. Lol.