Cam'ron: Nas LOVES hip hop. Jay is an opportunist. There's a difference

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
you taking it that direction.

thats not what was said.

The thing with Nas and Jay has been evidents since the 90's. They both have different aspects on what a rap career should look like.

Both were great at what they do. Nas is just a nostalgia person at heart. not just with rap, but all music he seems to like. Jazz, Soul music etc...
Honestly thats why I gravitate to Nas. I listen to old shyt. I like old shyt. I google old interviews from Rap artists, soul artists. Some people, including me, are like that. I dont knock Jay. It aint no retirement plans for entertainers. You get one shot in life to make it and build. Both are doing it.

Cam is on point I dont even take it like he knocking Jay. its just a comparison that I totaly agree with

I said that because it's necessary to put all this in perspective.

Jay didn't switch up....he has always been a figure that makes moves, looks at opportunities and makes connections....since album 1...and his fan base relates to that.

AB is a hater and a divisive individual in his professional and personal life.

He has a axe to grind against Brady and Cam fell for the bait to even comment on it.

I don't think he is personally dissing Jay, but he is making a unnecessary argument about "love" for hip-hop when that has no relevance on what transpired

Last edited:

DonRe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nas and Mass Appeal put all that stuff together themselves. Nas was at the forefront of it starting in 2021 he had a plan for Hip Hop Is 50 which will culminate in the Hip Hop Museum being unveiled next year.

Ironically, Jay-Z HAS performed at Rock The Bells WITH Nas lol

This is fair. Its a more nuanced conversation to be had but when you boil it all down the basics I feel its quite obvious Cam is speaking facts here.

Woah woah Andre 3000 gave us half of ATLiens and Aquemini. To say he’s NEVER deeply loved or respected Hip Hop is a pretentious statement to make about one of our greatest and most important artists. I’d argue that he’s showing his immense love and respect for the genre by NOT forcing himself to put out some bullshyt album that his heart wasn’t into just to capitalize off his name and make money. Sometimes you can show respect for something by NOT engaging with it if you know you’re not able to give it your all.

In 08’ he performed and was a surprise guest.

Jay is in a lane where he doesnt have to perform if he doesnt want too and when he does its for a certain crowd.

Jay has always been the “ends justify the means”
Type when it comes to hiphop.

Cloud McFly

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The crazy part is Cam even referenced that speech where jay thanked damn near everyone who ever picked up a mic. If im jay man fukk you nggas. :heh: I fukin swear.

Couldn’t be me. If I was Jay at the height he’s at and still recieved ridicule even tho i reach back down all the time? Ngga please yall would never see me

Agree with this 100% Everybody would be “half a bar” status if it was me.

Dude came up battling some of the dopest cats in NY to prove himself before he was signed, dropped an album every year for 9 years (some classic), traded disses on wax with all comers to prove himself yet again, put mad people on, helped many of his peers behind the scenes, and always shows love to those who came before him.

All to get told he doesn’t love hip hop, and continually shyt on by anybody they put a mic in front of, or random cats behind a keyboard.

:hhh:

Last edited:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
"I know who you are nikka, I Know who are" :russ:

But still you can't be ad nice ad Jay and not love hip hop
Nobody said Jay don't love hip hop tho. It's just that he doesn't love it as much as Nas. shyt I don't think alot of people love hip hop as much as Nas. Including majority people on this site.

DontEemTry

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nobody said Jay don't love hip hop tho. It's just that he doesn't love it as much as Nas. shyt I don't think alot of people love hip hop as much as Nas. Including majority people on this site.

Which is fine, but it's corny that nikkas is making a huge story out of it when they don't even fukk with dude. Like if that nikka showed up for HH50 it would still have been a problem.

Oh he only did one song, he think he too good for this shyt. :camby:

Or, why he doing 3 whole songs, he makin it all about himself. :francis:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Which is fine, but it's corny that nikkas is making a huge story out of it when they don't even fukk with dude. Like if that nikka showed up for HH50 it would still have been a problem.

I mean I feel u. Lol.

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC

This right here.

The jealousy and just pure hate for Jay is seriously at an all-time high with the losers, and dude ain't even dropping no albums, and hasn't in like 7 years. Problem with people, is that they have a very hard time seeing Hov outgrow their expectations, but also not needing to do music constantly anymore. I hate to say it, but he doesn't need Hip Hop anymore. His bread ain't coming from no albums. That makes people mad.

So no matter what he does, people are gonna have an issue with it. If he showed up to the HH50 joints, and did whatever, the same people would've been complaining. Cam never liked Jay. Jay never liked Cam. I know both of them, it's always been like that. But to say Jay doesn't love Hip Hop is wild inaccurate. You can love business outside of the culture, and want to make moves away from the music and still be a Hip Hop head.

But Hip Hop has a thing where people like to see you do good, but not too good. Once you start making a certain amount of money, and you reach a level that most rappers can't, the hate comes. Once Dre hit that Billy with Beats by Dre, the same people came out trying to talk sh*t about how he doesn't really make the beats and how Warren G was ghostproducing The Chronic the whole time. LOL!! People do not want you to get TOO successful. That can't handle that.

I'm Blackman

Prep time > Everything
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside of Gotham (Montgomery, AL)
nikka didn't show up to ANYTHING for the 50th anniversary of hip hop. No concert, no shows, NOTHING. Not even sponsoring something. shyt was sad fam.

But you can show up for Tom Brady Patriots Retirement to do PSA live in front of a buncha cacs. :francis:

Cmon man. Just call it what it is.

Dude is a legend. Great rapper, but he's been telling nikkaz and showing nikkaz for years what the deal is.

all facts

and Cam aint lying.

Jay damn near worships money....to his credit hes been telling people this from day one.

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nikka put a museum of HIMSELF in BK in the middle of all that shyt. And nikkas wonder why people look at him in this manner? Lol.

You would probably do the same if you had the means. Have all your friends and family dancing out of that shyt like TyTy.