Cam'ron: Nas LOVES hip hop. Jay is an opportunist. There's a difference

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
Uptown and the Bronx
nikka been peddling thay people shouldn't be rapping after a certain age for years now
Most of rap believed this til they themselves reached that age and still wanna rap. Andre just doesn't think he has much to offer you over the course of an album at this stage of his life

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
dont start this
its money and respect from your peers

the reason so many people love Jay's rhymes is because he raps from the perspective of someone trying to make money
certain people relate to that

nothing wrong with the route he took because he took his craft serious...
its only an issue when cats take hip hop for a joke

he came into the game saying exactly what it was

I’m not talking about where he started, I’m talking about where he ended

Edit - one of the comments said it sounds like ‘blade club scene’ music :russ:

Braman

Superstar
Daps
The crazy part is Cam even referenced that speech where jay thanked damn near everyone who ever picked up a mic. If im jay man fukk you nggas. :heh: I fukin swear.

Random thought, I still remember when J Cole first signed to roc nation and and people were antsy he wasn’t dropping. Jay said ‘yea we not here for just microwave success we’re trying to build him as a brand’. :mjtf: They succeeded. And look at the state of hip hop now. Cole (was) one of the last saving graces of pure hip hop and jay was an integral part in that. Imagine if all the powerful people ‘didn’t give a fukk about hip hip’ as much as jay z.:gucci:

Couldn’t be me. If I was Jay at the height he’s at and still recieved ridicule even tho i reach back down all the time? Ngga please yall would never see me

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I think Hov loves hip hop and knows the culture in and out and has his lists on tidal and what not

But optics wise yeah you see the moves each do recently just last year for Hip Hop's 50th Anniversary and its literally what Cam is saying

ajnapoleon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The crazy part is Cam even referenced that speech where jay thanked damn near everyone who ever picked up a mic. If im jay man fukk you nggas. :heh: I fukin swear.

Random thought, I still remember when J Cole first signed to roc nation and and people were antsy he wasn’t dropping. Jay said ‘yea we not here for just microwave success we’re trying to build him as a brand’. :mjtf: They succeeded. And look at the state of hip hop now. Cole (was) one of the last saving graces of pure hip hop and jay was an integral part in that. Imagine if all the powerful people ‘didn’t give a fukk about hip hip’ as much as jay z.:gucci:

Couldn’t be me. If I was Jay at the height he’s at and still recieved ridicule even tho i reach back down all the time? Ngga please yall would never see me

This is the type of shyt that never makes sense to me

Melle mel been shytting on jay for decades

But wanna go over and ask for pics 😂

Wanna show all his teeth

Why do you want pics with this man you slandered

:jbhmm:

I for one wouldn’t want that man anywhere around me

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
The funny thing is ALL these guys have rapped about hustling and how that is the only thing that matters.

Now that it's indisputable that Jay is the best to do it....the goal posts gets moved

:russ:
you taking it that direction.

thats not what was said.

The thing with Nas and Jay has been evident since the 90's. They both have different aspects on what a rap career should look like.

Both were great at what they do. Nas is just a nostalgia person at heart. not just with rap, but all music he seems to like. Jazz, Soul music etc...
Honestly thats why I gravitate to Nas. I listen to old shyt. I like old shyt. I google old interviews from Rap artists, soul artists. Some people, including me, are like that. I dont knock Jay. It aint no retirement plans for entertainers. You get one shot in life to make it and build. Both are doing it.

Cam is on point I dont even take it like he knocking Jay. its just a comparison that I totaly agree with

Last edited:

DontEemTry

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Silly observation... Jay is a hip hop head with business instincts, he done proved that. But this is a wild accusation, I wouldn't be surprised if Jay will address this in a verse sometime

Nah, if anything it'll make him have an even more "fukk them nikkas" attitude. Inner circle bout to get even smaller than it already is.

ajnapoleon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah, if anything it'll make him have an even more "fukk them nikkas" attitude. Inner circle bout to get even smaller than it already is.
That’s the problem for a lot of people that circle is small and it’s damn near impossible to get in that small circle

Beans to this day says he thought he was in the same level as bleek

Jay paid for his wedding

Beans gets the “I’m not looking after him”

Stick Up Kid

Veteran
WOAT
Daps
Reppin
Newark NJ
Hov told us 20 years ago he didnt care about the culture or the art, when he said he dumbs down to double his dollars