Cam'ron: Nas LOVES hip hop. Jay is an opportunist. There's a difference

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There will be no real discussion on this and because this falls in line with Coli narrative, people will just take the statement at face value and run with it.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just because someone loves something doesn't necessarily mean they aren't an opportunist. Loving Hip Hop doesn't mean that it didn't provide opportunities for someone and they took advantage of those opportunities and made the most of them. So the opportunist is still therefore a lover of the artform.

DarkmanX

All Star
Daps
Didn't he also clear all of DMX debt from Def Jam?
Once again, Jay stans everywhere always bringing this up without listning to what Waah and nem said

He didnt clear it bcuz X was his man..he cleared it cuz they owed X more in royalties after they (Ruff Ryders) made an audit.

Thats the only reason. Even if X was in debt, so would Def Jam/Jay been to X

DaMos Supreme

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just because someone loves something doesn't necessarily mean they aren't an opportunist. Loving Hip Hop doesn't mean that it didn't provide opportunities for someone and they took advantage of those opportunities and made the most of them. So the opportunist is still therefore a lover of the artform.
Agreed. Jay is in my top five and at the end of the day, Jay is a grown man and can do whatever he wants, but I get how it may look questionable to others, when he shows up for Brady’s retirement reception or whatever it was. Maybe Jay performed there because he wanted to hobnob with the ‘elite’ while getting paid. Maybe he respects Brady and Brady requested his services, who knows. I don’t think Jay should be the only one criticized, but of course he is going to stand out the most because of his stature and how long he has been around rap/hip hop in general.

I pretty sure all of us were introduced to Jay through hip hop and hip hop was and is the vehicle that propelled Jay to stardom. So I don’t think he’s bigger than hip hop is a valid argument, considering the how hip hop has provided more for him than Tom Brady. I don’t even know if Jay feels that way. He could have a felt that he would have gained more from being at Brady’s event instead of doing any Hip Hop 50 celebrations/events. Which would go back to being an opportunist.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
I might bark at X or spit at the Lox, but other than that, ion be fukking wit cats:banderas:

Unbothered

ELEVATING to HIGHER LEVELS with POSITIVE VIBES ✨
Daps
Reppin
'Cuse, New York
I think this is one of the reasons why I could never get into Jay's music compared to Nas.

Nas's love for Hip-Hop feels more authentic and sincere in that he's not just doing this for the money and fame whereas Jay has always come across as a little pretentious, I don't doubt that he doesn't have any love for Hip-Hop but I think for him the genre is/was more of a means to an end to get where he's at now in terms of wealth, fame, etc similar to Kanye today.

With that said he's not the only artist who fits that description...

Matter of fact that's what's wrong with a lot of rappers today...they don't love hip-hop in the sense of caring and respecting the genre but rather love what comes with it (money, clout, etc). There's a reason a lot of them look up to Jay because he's kinda the blueprint in that mentality.

Many of these rappers and artists today don't care about the meaning of Hip-Hop culture let alone exhibit that same love and gratitude for the genre...they just use the genre to make money and gain clout/fame

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
I keep saying none of that dont matter

They hate this dude for not being being around

not on SM

can't just call him up for a feat (kay slay r.i.p) used to take shots at him for this if you paying attention

he can't be pulled out for back and forth arguments no matter how much you shyt on him he says nothing back

all that means is he dont love hip-hop i guess

It means he's not an emotional dude

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
Theres nothing controversial about this aside from the fact that Cam spanked both of them on wax. Which is why hes entitled to give his honest opinion on them like that cause at the end of the day his music career is tied to both of them :huhldup: :ahh: :umad: