Cam'ron: Nas LOVES hip hop. Jay is an opportunist. There's a difference

Braman

Superstar
Daps
This is why I fw jay. I get him. He got that same mentality as Brady and Jordan. They both got that chip like ‘just bc I’m big don’t think I dont remember when yall didn’t fw me’

The same nggas mad jay ain’t do shyt for hip hop 50 call him all types of sellouts and uncle Tom’s. He don’t fukk with yall like that :bryan:

Real jay fans aren’t asking why jay ain’t at hip hop 50. Bc we ain’t stupid. He act different bc he is different. He act like he bigger than just hip hop bc he IS bigger than just hip hop. Anyone who pretends otherwise it’s a classic case of a bar he spit years ago: ‘Hov we need you back so we can kill yo ass again’

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
We gonna pretend like Jay hasn’t given money to hip hop legends, including for funerals? Come on.

To quote Nick Saban, this is rat poison. Jay was at the Grammys event for the anniversary, in the front row lol. I have no reason to doubt Jay’s love of hip hop and if Nas had no involvement in the anniversary no one here would assume he didn’t love it. This is corny.
Money for a funeral versus money just for being a hip hop legend and trying to set up pensions for Hip hop artists is 2 different things. Noone said Jay doesn't love hip hop. He said Jay doesn't love hip hop more than Nas. It's different. And it's clear to see. Cam literally said Jay loves hip hop but the focus and love he has for it isn't the same as Nas'. Which one talks about hip hop history more? Which one sprinkles hip hop stories all thru his music more? Which one did a hip hop podcast? Which one set up shyt for Ralph McDaniels? Which one is trying to create a hip hop Broadway show based on Beat Street? Who's the one who made an album called Hip Hop is Dead with concepts songs about Where Are They Now? Jay made Star Is Born and just ended up bigging up himself at the end. Lol. I mean come on bruh. Jay has admitted himself his focus always been different. "I'm not a rapper, I'm just a hustler who happens to rap". HE'S the one who popularized that mentality in the first place. Can't get mad when people state that fact.

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
How would you classify Jay's collab album with Jay E?

He's also known not to charge for samples and guess features according to Kdot

Him not showing up to perform at HipHip is 50 celebrations negate the other ways he's shown up for the culture at his own expense

Helped Wayne pay off millions of dollars in taxes

He isn't as active as Nas the last 5, 10 yrs but Nas isn't married to Beyonce and the father of 3 small children

Not say Jay isn't an opportunist, but aren't we all?

Didn't he also clear all of DMX debt from Def Jam?

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
23 years later and Nas Stan’s have to rest on CTE Brown and Cam talking outta his ass for validation. Cam is not known for having good takes, actually very bad takes that are not serious but very funny . Then you have Nas Stan’s treating cam’s shyt talking like the revolutionary guard in Iran treats the Quran, as long as it shyts on Jay or bigs up Nas :mjlol:

All of these people are rap nerds and raw capitalists :russell:

Worst was when Nas arranged a concert with some cacs and tickets prices determined by capitalism and they said. Hey look why is Jay not doing a concert for hip-hop 50. It’s like paying a rapper a million to perform at an orphanage and then say look what a nice thing he did for the orphanage!! :unimpressed:

Last edited:

ajnapoleon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Didn't he also clear all of DMX debt from Def Jam?
I keep saying none of that dont matter

They hate this dude for not being being around

not on SM

can't just call him up for a feat (kay slay r.i.p) used to take shots at him for this if you paying attention

he can't be pulled out for back and forth arguments no matter how much you shyt on him he says nothing back

all that means is he dont love hip-hop i guess

ajnapoleon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So what we saying?

The music and moves speak for themselves.

Jay aint performing at rock the bells. He rather perform for bradys and krafts of the world. No hate.

Just the facts of the matter
Why should he perform rock the bells

they insult this man at every damn turn

they have all the legends possible why would they want jay

why want to see someone they hate?