Cam'ron: Nas LOVES hip hop. Jay is an opportunist. There's a difference

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Some of those shows are business oriented, i don't know what prevented him from coming but Jay is a billion dollar man. The NFL stuff and the Brady performance does look funny but we don't know what was the reason for not being there.

He coulda done something last year fam. shyt was sad. Sorry

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
So everything he’s done the last 30 years in rap is discounted now because he ain’t do a show last year?

:dead:

He didn't have to do a show. I said that. To do absolutely nothing to celebrate the artform that made you what you are? Cmon man.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
So every rapper who did not perform at a 50th anniversary of hip hop event even does not love rap music? I just want to get that on record

Every rapper is not Jay-Z.

But go ahead. shyt was just real disappointing.

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
Maybe Jay didn’t want to go so he can let other rappers get their moment of shine :manny: Maybe he didn’t want to be there to take away from others. We don’t know why so we can’t speculate. There’s no real confirmation of anything. The show was bigger than just him being there. It was a celebration of the art form.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
Jay z would tell you he doesn’t love rap music?
Jay absolutely loves the art form, but is he necessarily passionate about creating it beyond filling his wallet? Like breh above said, there's loving something and being in love with it.

Someone like Nas will make ambitious projects even if it means sacrificing sales just because they want to do it, while with Jay it needs to be capitalistic. Passion's the key word.

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Jay absolutely loves the art form, but is he necessarily passionate about creating it beyond filling his wallet? Like breh above said, there's loving something and being in love with it.
This is a job for everyone involved or else they would be doing it for free :heh:

Let’s keep it funky, if Jay Z was broker than all these other dudes we aren’t have this convo

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
I always relate to Jay z man. I’m an introvert. Jay is an introvert. That’s really all it is. Jay is NEVER around all these nggas

Only the black community is obsessed with the idea of our ‘elites’ still being accessible. Foh

‘Nggas look at you strange and say you changed. Like you work that hard to stay the same’ :mjtf:

And if nothing else please understand these two words: Tyheim Bryan. That man was gunned down hours after kickin it with Nas in the hood. We want our ‘heroes’ close to the fire instead of flying away from the nest. It’s sickening
There is a thread RIGHT NOW of some young crashout telling A Boogie to be in the hood like he losing points :mjlol:These nikkas maggot minds have a warped way of viewing things..

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
So every rapper who did not perform at a 50th anniversary of hip hop event even does not love rap music? I just want to get that on record
I say this with saying that Jay is the GOAT. If he wanted to be anywhere, he would have been allowed no questions asked.

Can you imagine the top 75 event in Cleveland without Michael Jordan being there?

That's what it felt like with his absence.