Calisthenics preachers are the worst, Lifting weights will always make you bigger

MoveForward

Veteran
Daps
some guys can bench a lot but cant do a pull up. and a lot of them dont work legs
It depends on how you workout. A powerlifter won't be able to do a lot of pushups and pull ups because he's working different muscle fibers.

If you take a guy that lifts for hypertrophy, he will be able to do calisthenic work also.

87 others

Superstar
Daps
body weight exercises will always be harder to do than lifting weights

doing pull ups will get you stronger and more ripped up than lifting weights, if you can get up to doing 20 pulls up a set, you will be swole
I can easily do 20 pull ups a set. I am not swole - just light.

Bledswole

Slappin and clowning chumps for fun.
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
You're making shyt up breh and I fux with you. There's no study that proves this, you just made this up in your head lol.

On everything I’m not fam. It’s not a study because most studies wrong when it comes to working out,try it and see that’s all I can say

Last edited:

Bledswole

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Like u ain't never seen a buff ass nikka who only does Calisthenics...

And if u dont lift weights all the time u gonna lose whatever u gained.

And let's not get into the injury factor of lifting weights

Man they in here talking crazy lol I see you know what time it is

Bledswole

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Your claim about not losing your physique or strength

No you will lose your strength and physique if you stopped doing either.

Im saying calisthenics is more functional strength so the strength and physique would stick around longer as opposed to someone who’s just lifting weights and stopped working out

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I can easily do 20 pull ups a set. I am not swole - just light.

Prove it, don't believe you, you probably not doing correctly Being light has nothing to do with, if you can do 20 a set your back muscles would be stripped and your chest would be wide

you clowns are funny, this is why you can't take people seriously, they didn't really put in no work

Daps
Reppin
NULL
:ohhh: So former athletes get fat because they stop lifting weights?

Or is it because they are consuming more calories than they are burning now while living a sedentary lifestyle like 70% of Americans who are overweight.

Athletes do more performance type training than weight lifting though

take the worlds strongest power lifter and put on a football field he would get manhandled by a D line man

87 others

Superstar
Daps
Prove it, don't believe you, you probably not doing correctly Being light has nothing to do with, if you can do 20 a set your back muscles would be stripped and your chest would be wide

you clowns are funny, this is why you can't take people seriously, they didn't really put in no work
Okay breh:mjlol:

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
On everything I’m not fam. It’s not a study because most studies wrong when it comes to working out,try it and see that’s all I can see
I'm a trainer and been in this game over a decade breh. I started off on the bars actually. I still knock out sets of pull-ups, push-ups and dips every week. Calisthenics ain't better than weight lifting. They both have their uses and lead to the same goal because overall they are both resistance training.

Studies are very important, it's tried and tested. You can't just make stuff up cuz it sounds good.

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
Athletes do more performance type training than weight lifting though

take the worlds strongest power lifter and put on a football field he would get manhandled by a D line man
What this gotta do with what he asking? If you overeat and don't exercise, you'll get fat. Whether you played professional sports or not. He's trying to say muscle from weight lifting turns into fat or some BS myth that isn't true lol.