Calisthenics preachers are the worst, Lifting weights will always make you bigger

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
The reason you guys are saying people that lift weight fall off after they stop is because you guys are using steroid users as an example. Yeah, they stop lifting and stop doing steroids, so of course they look like sh1t very quickly after they stop.
and much of that is due to improperly cycling as well

it a phony experience. I can say without a shadow of a doubt that taking roids one of the biggest mistakes i ever made and I only did A CYCLE :mjcry: it not that I lost anything physically it whatit do to you mentally

best option is to accept that if you want to look a certain way, your life style must be a reflection of it :francis:

killacal

Banned
Daps
Lmao yea but that weightlifting strength ain’t shyt once you stop lifting you turn into a fat blob and become weak as fukk again

Calisthenics is real functional strength and if you stop working out you’ll still have a physique and strength due to it being more of the real deal

Have fun with those weights :russ:
Weights were definitely a white man idea
Especially heavy weights :mjlol:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
lol.

I mean, body weight exercises are always harder than weights? So doing 1 pull-up vs benching 315lbs = the pushup will be easier and get you stronger?? You got to make your argument better than that.

This is the problem with this site. The bro-science is beyond the roof. Either anecdotal evidence or just hyperbole.

Both are perfect for your body, but weight-lighting for an anabolic state is triggered much higher when overloading the muscle cells e.g. tearing the muscle cells down as much as you can. This is general fact

Once again it's about how much you bench lmao, you got guys who can bench 315 who can't do ten pull ups

also benching 315 ONE TIME don't mean shyt, if you can't do a set it don't count

If you weigh 200 pounds you should be able to bench 315, but you will have a hard time doing pull ups if you haven't been doing them

It's not bro science, anybody can work their way to benching 315 its just reps, a beginning might start of being able to bench 200 of rip, starting pull ups for the first time will tax you, no matter how much you weigh you can be 130 if you never did pull ups before you will have an extremely hard time

when a skinny can start out benching his body weight

that's what I mean by harder, it's the action that is harder it has nothing to do with the amount of weight

prince_peoples

Superstar
Daps
what im sayin, are nikkas legit feuding over this now? you need both
Yeah shyt is weird to me

I do alot of calisthenics, but I also use weights for deadlifts, squats, and bench

It's also good to mix up for work outs just to keep it fun and interesting

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps
Once again it's about how much you bench lmao, you got guys who can bench 315 who can't do ten pull ups

also benching 315 ONE TIME don't mean shyt, if you can't do a set it don't count

If you weigh 200 pounds you should be able to bench 315, but you will have a hard time doing pull ups if you haven't been doing them

It's not bro science, anybody can work their way to benching 315 its just reps, a beginning might start of being able to bench 200 of rip, starting pull ups for the first time will tax you, no matter how much you weigh you can be 130 if you never did pull ups before you will have an extremely hard time

when a skinny can start out benching his body weight

that's what I mean by harder, it's the action that is harder it has nothing to do with the amount of weight

Benching was used as an example.

Benching, squatting, deads, rows, pull-ups, etc are all the same. It comes with conditioning of the muscle through repetition

No, if you're 200lbs you shouldn't be able to bench 315lbs. That's utter shyt. But a regular person is more than likely OK to pull their body weight up once, vs benching 315lb, or equating 200lbs ass-to-grass or pulling a 400lb deadlift

I'll leave you lot to it anyway, its stupid to argue online about this point when there are some of us who actually pull these numbers and more.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
I need to get in touch with all the NFL strength coaches and let them know that lifting weights is a waste of time and doesn’t build real functional strength
:wow:

you ever see how players look when they retire and stop working out....

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Benching was used as an example.

Benching, squatting, deads, rows, pull-ups, etc are all the same. It comes with conditioning of the muscle through repetition

No, if you're 200lbs you shouldn't be able to bench 315lbs. That's utter shyt. But a regular person is more than likely OK to pull their body weight up once, vs benching 315lb, or equating 200lbs ass-to-grass or pulling a 400lb deadlift

I'll leave you lot to it anyway, its stupid to argue online about this point when there are some of us who actually pull these numbers and more.

Bodyweight exercises are harder to do, and also give you better long time results its just a fact

any gym you go to people avoid that pull up bar like the plague, you barely see anyone do dips, lifting weights is easier, its a fact, that's why most people go that route, it takes discipline to push yourself