Calisthenics preachers are the worst, Lifting weights will always make you bigger

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Like u ain't never seen a buff ass nikka who only does Calisthenics...

And if u dont lift weights all the time u gonna lose whatever u gained.

And let's not get into the injury factor of lifting weights

That's not really true, if you lift weights on the regular and stop, for a few months, after a week of lifting weights you will be back to where you were because of the muscle memory

Only people on steriods lose gains like that

the problem is more people think you suppose to get swole in a month, if you been lifting out for years consistently you will not lose your gains taking a break, and even if you lose strength it won't take you long to get it back because of muscle memory

mag357

Superstar
Daps
That's not really true, if you lift weights on the regular and stop, for a few months, after a week of lifting weights you will be back to where you were because of the muscle memory

Only people on steriods lose gains like that

the problem is more people think you suppose to get swole in a month, if you been lifting out for years consistently you will not lose your gains taking a break, and even if you lose strength it won't take you long to get it back because of muscle memory

Bro... after a week of not hitting the gym and lifting...
Ull look at urself like:scust:

Why do u think most muthafukaz who are big, damn near go to the gym every day.
Going madd hard.

nikkaz always thought I lifted... wayyy after i stopped.

Super cut and super strong with the Calisthenics :blessed:

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps
body weight exercises will always be harder to do than lifting weights

doing pull ups will get you stronger and more ripped up than lifting weights, if you can get up to doing 20 pulls up a set, you will be swole

lol.

I mean, body weight exercises are always harder than weights? So doing 1 pull-up vs benching 315lbs = the pushup will be easier and get you stronger?? You got to make your argument better than that.

This is the problem with this site. The bro-science is beyond the roof. Either anecdotal evidence or just hyperbole.

Both are perfect for your body, but weight-lighting for an anabolic state is triggered much higher when overloading the muscle cells e.g. tearing the muscle cells down as much as you can. This is general fact

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bro... after a week of not hitting the gym and lifting...
Ull look at urself like:scust:

Why do u think most muthafukaz who are big, damn near go to the gym every day.
Going madd hard.

nikkaz always thought I lifted... wayyy after i stopped.

Super cut and super strong with the Calisthenics :blessed:

They must not been working out for a long time, if you've been working out 3 days a week for 3 years straight, one week not working out will not diminish anything

MoveForward

Veteran
Daps
lol.

I mean, body weight exercises are always harder than weights? So doing 1 pull-up vs benching 315lbs = the pushup will be easier and get you stronger?? You got to make your argument better than that.

This is the problem with this site. The bro-science is beyond the roof. Either anecdotal evidence or just hyperbole.

Both are perfect for your body, but weight-lighting for an anabolic state is triggered much higher when overloading the muscle cells e.g. tearing the muscle cells down as much as you can. This is general fact
These dudes came in here straight making sh1t us because they enjoy doing pushups.

mag357

Superstar
Daps
Also, where did this bullsh1t about weightlifting not being functional strength come from? So bench pressing, squating, power cleaning, and deadlifting won't build functional strength?

It will but itll be minimal increases cause ur core is activated but you are not necessarily targeting it and theres just mainly linear motions in lifting weights.
The surrounding, stabilizing muscles arent targeted as much

Like I bet a nikka who does construction all day and never lifts.

Is gonna be stronger than a person who lifts.

And a person who does Calisthenics will have more gains in functional strength because your always working ur core with each work out