BW Wishes there were more Wedding Announcements Instead of Pregnancy Announcements and Other BW Get Mad.

The Half-Blood FKA Prince

Avada Kedavbreh!
Daps
I get what she trying to say but the issue runs a lot deeper.

A marriage means nothing when society has broke down to the point precious few people take their vows seriously to begin with, and choose their partners either naively, superficially or all of the above.

We gotta do better as a society and its got nothing to do with race. If anything black folk seem to give the most effort despite the deck being stacked egregiously against them from the moment of conception.

At this point even if everyone got married we would just see a huge uptick in toxic marriages and divorce.

The root of our despair needs to be weeded before we can ever grow anything of substance as a society :wow:

Lemons

Miss Jackson if ya nasty
Daps
I get what she trying to say but the issue runs a lot deeper.

A marriage means nothing when society has broke down to the point precious few people take their vows seriously to begin with, and choose their partners either naively, superficially or all of the above.

We gotta do better as a society and its got nothing to do with race. If anything black folk seem to give the most effort despite the deck being stacked egregiously against them from the moment of conception.

At this point even if everyone got married we would just see a huge uptick in toxic marriages and divorce.

The root of our despair needs to be weeded before we can ever grow anything of substance as a society :wow:

It’s always black people saying marriage means nothing. It’s almost like y’all don’t see every other community marrying, receiving its benefits and succeeding. It doesn’t click to you that maybe we are doing something wrong?

We have decades upon decades of research that prove marriage increases the success of your kids by every metric. But black people are still pretending like it means nothing. Idk if it’s a cope or genuine delusion at this point.

Chrishaune

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
If all men were serious about the concept of marriage, then we would challenge divorce laws and advocate for changge

Let it get too far. It's not really on the young generations. It's on the older generations for letting it happen and re-enforcing it.

Young guys coming out of the fog of lies can't do much now except wait until the consequences of people's actions are fully revealed.

When you have a goddess worshipping society it will destroy itself. Then you come out of the other side and build something new after everybody gets on the same page and decides those were bad choices.

But unfortunately now for the U.S. they are bring in replacements from outside the borders. That's going to make the situation worse.

Avada Kedavbreh!
Daps
It’s always black people saying marriage means nothing. It’s almost like y’all don’t see every other community marrying, receiving its benefits and succeeding. It doesn’t click to you that maybe we are doing something wrong?

We have decades upon decades of research that prove marriage increases the success of your kids by every metric. But black people are still pretending like it means nothing. Idk if it’s a cope or genuine delusion at this point.
Thats not what i said at all though. U missing the context. And those so called legal benefits are all fine and good but usually its not worth it in the long run until we get to the root of the problem.

UWasntThere

Superstar
Daps
Hoe babble. They're obviously projecting because they're not married.

I understand why men don't want to get married. Women should do everything they possibly can to marry a man she has a child with.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
To be honest I stopped giving a fukk about the black community as a whole. I either encounter like minded individuals or so be it.

:yeshrug:

You lead with example with how you move in your own life and some may see the vision and some won’t. Too many cooked nikkaz who don’t give a fukk how they moving so why should you care about lost causes.
This is basically where I'm at.

Lemons

Miss Jackson if ya nasty
Daps
Thats not what i said at all though. U missing the context. And those so called legal benefits are all fine and good but usually its not worth it in the long run until we get to the root of the problem.

The benefits aren’t just tangible. Children from married households do better in EVERY metric from EVERY race. It’s not debatable lol. You can sit there and say “it’s not worth it” all you want: LOOK AT THE STATS. they do not lie. Children from married households do better as children, as teens, and as adults. In every way. No matter how you look at it. That’s a fact.

What’s the root of the problem that can’t be solved be starting strong familial structures?

And it’s not marriage in the slightest giving "other groups" any advantages.

Yes it is, lmao. Strong family structures are the foundation to successful communities. Our society organizes that by marriage. Black people have zero familial stability, not through marriage or otherwise. You cannot build anything positive if you can’t even get that right.

lib123

All Star
Daps
And its not marriage in the slightest giving "other groups" any advantages.

Lol yes it definitely is giving other groups an advantage. The laws (eg tax laws) in this country are designed to help married people build wealth. Most Black people are missing out on potential wealth accumulation by not getting married and building.

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
Brehs come on here and rebuke marriage every day tho....

I know good and damn well #GMB saw the responses and said
drake-clap.gif

Avada Kedavbreh!
Daps
Lol yes it definitely is giving other groups an advantage. The laws (eg tax laws) in this country are designed to help married people build wealth. Most Black people are missing out on potential wealth accumulation by not getting married and building.
U correct so let me rephrase that. It was very poorly verbalized to what im trying to say.

Marriage isnt giving any other groups any of the necessary built in advantages they already enjoy nor are those particular advantages working out too well for them compared to others in the grand scheme.

And the fact those "advantages" are built into something as sacred and personal as marriage is probably the number one if not top three issue in what marriage has devolved to :scust:

And that is not by accident. :francis:

Its a whole root to these issues is all im trying to say.

If i ram a wrecking ball into ur house then offer to fix it for u at a discount, but i keep ramming that wrecking ball back into it every day, is that satisfactory or would it not help much as long as i got my wrecking ball?

Last edited:

Henny and_ HotWings

A well seasoned nikka
Daps
Reppin
Bmore stand up!
To be honest I stopped giving a fukk about the black community as a whole. I either encounter like minded individuals or so be it.

:yeshrug:

You lead with example with how you move in your own life and some may see the vision and some won’t. Too many cooked nikkaz who don’t give a fukk how they moving so why should you care about lost causes.
Bro I’ve been on the same shyt for a few years now…. Used to break my heart to see my people struggle and not do right in life but after a certain point, you realize a lot of nikkaz just don’t wanna be saved and they are content with their own status in society.

I literally just stopped be cool with a nikka I been tight with since middle school literally 2-3 months ago…dude is pushing 37 yrs old and just be crashing out constantly, doesn’t want nor Persue anything honorable in life, almost 40 and has NEVER attempted to move out his mothers house… dude been trappin on and off for years and at one point had a lot of money saved up. Did he take any of that bread and move out his mothers crib? Did he start a business? Did he go get a trade? Did he invest it in ANY way? No, no, no and no…dude eventually blew all his money and is tryna shake back now…

dude never wants to get married but if perfectly content with knocking up a broad outta wedlock….dude spends ALL his time drinking and smoking (no judgment I smoke n sip too), getting into arguments with day 1 homeboys and dealing with ain’t shy bytches that eventually end up breaking his heart but yet he’s this through Street nikka 🙄….. he doesn’t use any of his redeeming qualities, dude is in bad health, rocks his gold fronts everyday at almost 40 years old, hasn’t done a stitch of exercise since he was in high school, only type of broads that like him are hood bytches and pass arounds, he still gets into hella scuffles and altercations at the local neighborhood bar like we’re still in our early 20’s smdh…….

Dude just doesn’t even try to get anything in his life going…. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve tried to encourage this nikka, boost him up, help him brainstorm about good ideas for life, stopped him from doing something stupid etc and it just goes through one ear and out the other.

Eventually I had to let that nikka go…. Good luck……..love you but I can’t be fukking with a aint shyt nikka like you… can’t save most people

:hubie:

Unfortunately, in our community, there are TONS of people (((both man and woman) that are just like this nikka smh…just save yourself