Breh shows why Chinese cars aren't sold in America. UPDATE: Mexico getting CEVs

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
China steals IP from companies that manufacture over there. I noticed that planet themed interior lighting. That’s a Polestar feature (China did buy a majority stake though). It’s like clockwork. China makes a company set up a local manufacturing base to sell inside their country to duck tariffs then 5 years later they come out with a rival product that just happens to have a lot of the same features. There’s a reason everyone is starting to move their plants away from China.

That's literally the Amazon and Walmart business model though. :patrice:

I heard they stole a lot from Tesla too. don’t forget massive subsidizing by the Chinese government.

Breh, you just put "Tesla" and "massive subsidizing" in the same line, unironically.

I'd love it if the Chinese government continued to massively subsidize environmentally-friendly vehicles for the benefit of American consumer. :yeshrug:

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Literally boating :mjlol: :heh:

Man, some people are going to be pissed watching folks take some super crazy shortcuts to bypass traffic.

*sitting in traffic*
*turns 140 degrees*
*catches missed off-ramp*
*drives through water safely saving 2 hours of sitting in traffic both ways with sunroof open waving*

"Y-y-y-y-you can't drive through here!!"

"It's alright, I'll float on through then. I wouldn't try to follow me with what you're driving though :umad:"

Last edited:

Spence

Superstar
Daps
shyts on anything currently available (for that segment) here in the states :wow:

The charge level indicator sold me :wow:

The shooting star sunroof and the leather wood suede combo was fly as fk :wow:

That 180 u turn :wow:

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
I got sick from Chinese Amoxicillin several years ago when I had a tooth infection, I went to a supermarket that did free prescriptions for certain medications and was give that mess, i only took 2 days worth my hands were shaking, my skin was itching, had nausea, etc. This was around the time they were finding melamine in Chinese baby formula

I wouldn't mess with any Chinese cars for real because the whole premise is for looks not longevity, they aren't making these cars to last 20 years, these are disposable vehicles with copied tech from other manufacturers. Like others have said, warranty work will be abysmal and they definitely won't stand by any defects or recalls, look at how that mess is handled here by our own manufacturers, you see how bad they can get about stuff but you gonna trust a Chinese company :huhldup:

This is undercover economic warfare for real, people struggling and can't afford stuff so China come in up through Mexico and flood the market and/or use the Volvo brand (Owned by GEELY) to undercut the traditional market players
This is just "Free market capitalism" promoted by guys like Milton Freidman. China is the world largest auto market and now the largest auto exporter. Them coming to the US is inevitable.

You may have gotten sick by some Chinese Amoxicillon, but I guarantee your medicine cabinet is full of generic Rx manufactured in China. They just use US companies to front and import them under their own brand. My heart meds are by Solco Healthcare in NJ. Solco is partly owned by Zhejiang Huahai Pharmaceutical, who most likely manufactures the drugs.

Spence

Superstar
Daps
China steals IP from companies that manufacture over there. I noticed that planet themed interior lighting. That’s a Polestar feature (China did buy a majority stake though). It’s like clockwork. China makes a company set up a local manufacturing base to sell inside their country to duck tariffs then 5 years later they come out with a rival product that just happens to have a lot of the same features. There’s a reason everyone is starting to move their plants away from China.

I heard they stole a lot from Tesla too. don’t forget massive subsidizing by the Chinese government.
They have a model X gullwing knock off that looks like it has Down’s syndrome :mjlol:

bnew

Veteran
Daps
People ain’t got the money to buy these evs

if no one can afford them then why are they trying to ban them or put massive tarrifs on their imports?

1/1
Meet BYD, the Chinese automaker that is taking on Tesla, offering cars for as little as $10,000 and is poised to expand around the world and shake up the EV market.

@JanisFrayer reports from Shenzhen, China.

To post tweets in this format, more info here: https://www.thecoli.com/threads/tips-and-tricks-for-posting-the-coli-megathread.984734/post-52211196

Spence

Superstar
Daps
Lucid needs to be able to survive the next few years or its over for them. I really like what Rivian is doing, but they’re bleeding money as well
Been sold on both the Sapphire (it reminds me SO much of the E38 7 series) and the R1S (I need a 7 seater for my family) but the only things holding me back from those are the companies stability since they are new and their backing isn’t the most solid.

BlackXCL

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
t.
Ok but how much doe the car cost in the OP? I cant be impressed until I know a price.

ORDER_66

Demon Time coming 2024
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
If china perfected their technology and didnt cut corners and took it seriously they'd corner the market...

But alas :mjgrin: they dont

Also elon and the u.s. govt not gonna allow these shyts over here regardless :russ: free market sabotaging b*stards

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
There are a LOT of Chinese EVs being priced in the $9k to $12k range.

Posting straight up propaganda channels is not exactly a good way to get valid information about EVs.

There's already millions of them on the roads in Europe, and they're exploring partnerships to have them directly manufactured within factories built in European countries. If they pass US safety tests, then what's the issue? Do you really think they're cutting any more corners than fukking Elon Musk?
I said that because the point is for Americans to buy American ev’s cause me and you both know America not going to let the Chinese destroy the American auto industry

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
if no one can afford them then why are they trying to ban them or put massive tarrifs on their imports?

1/1
Meet BYD, the Chinese automaker that is taking on Tesla, offering cars for as little as $10,000 and is poised to expand around the world and shake up the EV market.

@JanisFrayer reports from Shenzhen, China.

To post tweets in this format, more info here: https://www.thecoli.com/threads/tips-and-tricks-for-posting-the-coli-megathread.984734/post-52211196

They put a ban on them because it would destroy the American auto industry