Daps
Brand-2.png

BYD aint your grandfather's Chinese car.:ufdup:
2 & 10 are the same company, I wonder who is #11 :jbhmm:

Spence

Superstar
Daps
That's literally the Amazon and Walmart business model though. :patrice:

Breh, you just put "Tesla" and "massive subsidizing" in the same line, unironically.

I'd love it if the Chinese government continued to massively subsidize environmentally-friendly vehicles for the benefit of American consumer. :yeshrug:
Benefit?

You know they would be using those cars cameras to map out every stitch of our country…for “research purposes” :heh:

Spence

Superstar
Daps
Ok but how much doe the car cost in the OP? I cant be impressed until I know a price.
$150k, has more features than anything in that price range.

Hyundai had a tough time selling upscale vehicles with Genesis for a while with the same concept of offering a shyt ton more for half the price but eventually it worked. Lexus had the same strategy in the early 90’s with the very first LS.

It can be done, but politics between the US & CCP probably can’t be overcome. Shame, it would give a lot of poor people a chance at better mobility but we know most higher ups don’t want any of that action :beli:

My only fear would be the cameras on those cars mapping out every single inch of the country and giving the Chinese exactly what they wanted with maps to everything they want to see/target

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
The day BYD goes on sale in America, what % you think the cars on the road will be Chinese if they have enough supply? How about after one month?

I would be in line for on the first day to buy one of their $9k EV's as my weekday driver. The money saved :wow::banderas:

I know a lot of folks would be selling their cars and making the switch. Sell the car a month or two before, use public transportation til then, buy a brand new car and pocket the extra $5-10k+ from the older vehicle sale.

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
The day BYD goes on sale in America, what % you think the cars on the road will be Chinese if they have enough supply? How about after one month?

I would be in line for on the first day to buy one of their $9k EV's as my weekday driver. The money saved :wow::banderas:

I know a lot of folks would be selling their cars and making the switch. Sell the car a month or two before, use public transportation til then, buy a brand new car and pocket the extra $5-10k+ from the older vehicle sale.
Man that shyt cheaper than used cars, everybody and they mama would be buying that shyt

But if they let them over here it would destroy the American auto shyt and everybody should understand that, it’s common sense

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Man that shyt cheaper than used cars, everybody and they mama would be buying that shyt

But if they let them over here it would destroy the American auto shyt and everybody should understand that, it’s common sense
Yeah 100%.

If they ever got the green light, then if I'm a company like Ford I'm immediately focusing on making the fastest, most high-performing pure American cars possible at a high price tag because nearly any sedan or SUV in the $60k and under range is basically lost to them. There would be no sense competing with them for everyday cars.

Last edited:

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
Yeah 100%.

If they ever got the green light, then if I'm a company like Ford I'm immediately focusing on making the fastest, most high-performing pure American cars possible at a high price tag because nearly any sedan or SUV in the $60k and under range is basically lost to them. There would be no sense competing with them for everyday cars.
That would be the only appeal for them companies, they had all this time to really go hard with Evs and they sat on they hands thinking shyt was going to be sweet forever

Now it’s too late to do anything and China bout to corner the market

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Yeah, that U-Turn was dope af.

No more waiting in line for 10 stupid drivers in front of me making 10-point turns one at a time because they can't figure out angles.

Instead, spin 100-160 degrees on spot and be out while everyone else sits in traffic.

and it can swim like a small boat?
They got chinese cars in Colombia none as fly as the one he shown. He makes me want to get one the U turn action alone makes it worth.

Hard to beleive that's true but I seen tanks do that kind of turn before

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
They got chinese cars in Colombia none as fly as the one he shown. He makes me want to get one the U turn action alone makes it worth.

Hard to beleive that's true but I seen tanks do that kind of turn before
Yup, it's actually called a tank turn. Other companies have actually invented it and tried to implement, but they couldn't get the engineering kinks right.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Yup, it's actually called a tank turn. Other companies have actually invented it and tried to implement, but they couldn't get the engineering kinks right.
I'm looking at a video of it now. If it's real I'm getting this. I'd be doing donuts all the fukking time.