Breh shows why Chinese cars aren't sold in America. UPDATE: Mexico getting CEVs

Seoul Gleou

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
China steals IP from companies that manufacture over there. I noticed that planet themed interior lighting. That’s a Polestar feature (China did buy a majority stake though). It’s like clockwork. China makes a company set up a local manufacturing base to sell inside their country to duck tariffs then 5 years later they come out with a rival product that just happens to have a lot of the same features. There’s a reason everyone is starting to move their plants away from China.

I heard they stole a lot from Tesla too. don’t forget massive subsidizing by the Chinese government.
Yep, a lot of companies get mad about that when they risk expanding to that market.

I remember watching a documentary on this years ago. The government doesn't crack down on it until the IP becomes so ubiquitous that it's basically a utility. For example, Google would be the only search engine or be heavily protected in China if it was Chinese. It would be so big that unless your copy of it is better, you're basically wasting your time.

I think that will happen with cars at some point. It will either be BYD or NIO. But one of them will be so big and innovative that it will be the defacto manufacturer

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
China steals IP from companies that manufacture over there.

That's the cost of business.

We do it here in America as well. Capitalism breeds competition.

It goes back to the purple cow. In America you cannot have a "secret recipe" or "magic product".

If you have something that generates enough income you have to break down how it's done, how it's made, where it comes from . They claim for safety and regulation.

Yzak

All Star
Bushed
Daps
China steals IP from companies that manufacture over there. I noticed that planet themed interior lighting. That’s a Polestar feature (China did buy a majority stake though). It’s like clockwork. China makes a company set up a local manufacturing base to sell inside their country to duck tariffs then 5 years later they come out with a rival product that just happens to have a lot of the same features. There’s a reason everyone is starting to move their plants away from China.

I heard they stole a lot from Tesla too. don’t forget massive subsidizing by the Chinese government.
Cacs getting a taste of their own medicine:whew:

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Cacs getting a taste of their own medicine:whew:

This leads to a pet peeve of mine honestly. There's simply too much glory-hounding. We award science prizes, that's kind of stupid.

Rarely anybody comes up with everything barebones. That's not how progress is done 99.99999999% of the time. Not even the "unique" insights are from nothing. So much work was done by other people prior. As you mentioned, many have additionally been stolen throughout history as well.

One person makes the breakthrough, but all the people who came before making equally as big breakthroughs prior never get the same recognition.
Everyone knows E= mc^2, but a lot of people don't understand before Einstein came up with it many were really close to cracking it and he built off what others discovered. Nothing taking away from dude's findings (especially about Special/General Relativity), but a lot of these cats aren't building knowledge from scratch.

Isaac Newton studied a lot of Middle Eastern and European texts as well before coming up with Calculus. Now he and other great minds have never tried to take all the credit, but many did give him all the credit. That's what his quote "Shoulders of giants..." referred to, but rather than people absorbing what they meant they just continued to hype him up for now making a great quote. Not to mention how much math and science came from Asia, Africa, etc.

Look at Sam Altman and others today. They make it seem like Sam Altman came up with A.I in 2022, even though hundreds of software engineers and Mathematicians are doing the main work at OpenAI. shyt, Elon Musk hasn't done shyt compared to his engineers and look who gets all the credit.

Nobel Prize has probably contributed to so many cases of sabotage and passive aggressive behavior because of glory-hounding. It's only got in the way imo.

Like honestly, who cares who comes up with what. Just come up with it and help all the rest out.

Last edited:

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
I don't trust them..they can never stop being crooks and cutting corners so you purchase at your own risk.
I know people that've bought Chinese cars and they're all garbage built worse than even Tesla's :huhldup:

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
Americans think Apple is the best brand for quality, yet Apple products are nearly all made in Chinese factories, owned by a Chinese company (Foxconn). European and American companies have been importing cars, made in Chinese factories for a few years now. Here is the next Chinese made car currently in dealer showrooms.

Wait til fools realize where most of their medicine is manufactured.
:mjlol: