Breaking: Stock market crash incoming (Update :sadcam)

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Rate cuts arent always good for the market. It can be sign of an economic slowdown irrc. So if rates are expected,folks may be selling early.

"Valuations matter too. When the market had a decline of at least -20% after the Fed’s first cut, the average S&P 500 trailing PE ratio was 18. On the other hand, when the S&P 500 had a decline of less than -10%, the average PE ratio was 11.4. The current P/E ratio of 22 could be another reason to be more cautious once the Fed makes its first cut."

Last I checked the average PE ratio of the S&P was close to 30. So a 20% drop would be generous. So wouldnt we be looking at somewhere around $440 if SPY drops:francis:?

ConPHIdential

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Futures up. Dow will very likely regain all it lost in two weeks. There will be no thread(and no news coverage) on this because it'll just be seen as business as usual. The trick? Even this dip was business as usual. And none of it was ever newsworthy.

Nah fam this was definitely newsworthy lol. To your point the volatility in the market has been business as usual but “they” took it up a notch today.

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Futures up. Dow will very likely regain all it lost in two weeks. There will be no thread(and no news coverage) on this because it'll just be seen as business as usual. The trick? Even this dip was business as usual. And none of it was ever newsworthy.
I don't know breh mad people are losing their jobs and houses here and eventually we are going t o get hard with that.

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
Was looking at Japan Futures and they're already up.

Ridiculous

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
giphy.gif

It will probably be up tommorow. Let the FOMO kick in,only to crash it back down later in the week:sas2:

On the daily,yes this looked like the bottom,but we gon just keep saying nevermind the weekly/monthly:sadcam:?

Sauce Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Bought a lot of dip on Friday and it dropped even more today :sadcam:

But I’m not worried, today’s drop wasn’t that much and plus I’m in for the long term so I don’t care

King

The black man is always targeted.
Bushed
Daps
Don't have any "stocks" per se but I have a managed Roth IRA :patrice: maybe I should switch to the conservative plan?

I entered the workforce during the last recession in the late 2000s so I've always been a little scared about getting too deep into stocks.
You're gonna lose money either way, just less of it with a conservative plan