Breaking: Stock market crash incoming (Update :sadcam)

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
Buy the dip
I will

I have some stocks that are holding strong and others still going up. :unimpressed:

The future is in renewables, power efficient computer chips and lithography.

Let it fall further. I'm going on a spree :demonic:

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
They aren't going to. The fed impact on rates has been implemented enough. This pullback and the job report is evident of as much. We need consumers to be able to borrow in order for the economy to stabilize, and for spending to continue...employers are not lowering prices...they're cutting jobs instead. That is making things worse and can actually cause stagflation.
Unemployment is still considerably low. The amount of people claiming unemployment benefits is relatively low. Core PCE is creeping up again. CPI year over year is 3%. Average hourly earnings is still in the green. Credit is still flowing and accessible.

There is no reason for the Fed to intervene at this moment because the economy is still stable. CPI is not anywhere near 2%, which the Fed said is their mandated benchmark for inflation. I can’t see the Fed doing anything without more data that supports lowering interest rates.

T.H.E.GOD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
401k is getting fukked :mjcry:

unless you plan to cash out anytime soon, what’s wrong? I took the pedal off going up a percent each year. Once this bytch crashes, I’m boosting it to almost max off rip if not max.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Unemployment is still considerably low. The amount of people claiming unemployment benefits is relatively low. Core PCE is creeping up again. CPI year over year is 3%. Average hourly earnings is still in the green. Credit is still flowing and accessible.

There is no reason for the Fed to intervene at this moment because the economy is still stable. CPI is not anywhere near 2%, which the Fed said is their mandated benchmark for inflation. I can’t see the Fed doing anything without more data that supports lowering interest rates.
Well, the fed is literally indicating that is not the case, themselves, in all recent statements. And the bolded is quite false. Banks continue to have tighter lending standards, multifamily and CRE is virtually dead, I don't know a single bank who is taking investment re deals right now, and pricing is incredibly restrictive because of how high rates are.

I wouldn't say the economy is UNSTABLE but inflation is not going down because prices have stayed up, because the cost of goods have stayed up... because the cost of borrowing / renting / leasing has stayed up. There is no relief. A rate cut is the answer.

Regarding jobs, I don't think there is an unemployment problem but hiring is slow. And, first time unemployment starts (my #1 indicator of joblessness issues) is not improving

Most recent report

This is happening. September should see a rate cut and this sell off is leading it to seem more like 50 bps rather than 25.

cheek100

Truuu
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
What about our crypto???:lupe:
It moves different. Not even in the same category. Normies haven’t grasped it yet.
I mean let’s be real imagine not being able to protect your position the instant the market drop 🤢 waiting on an institution to “allow” a transaction 🤮 “sorry we closed the markets“ foh

cyndaquil

Lv 100 Bold natured
Daps
Reppin
JOHTO REGION
Well, the fed is literally indicating that is not the case, themselves, in all recent statements. And the bolded is quite false. Banks continue to have tighter lending standards, multifamily and CRE is virtually dead, I don't know a single bank who is taking investment re deals right now, and pricing is incredibly restrictive because of how high rates are.

I wouldn't say the economy is UNSTABLE but inflation is not going down because prices have stayed up, because the cost of goods have stayed up... because the cost of borrowing / renting / leasing has stayed up. There is no relief. A rate cut is the answer.

Regarding jobs, I don't think there is an unemployment problem but hiring is slow. And, first time unemployment starts (my #1 indicator of joblessness issues) is not improving

Most recent report

This is happening. September should see a rate cut and this sell off is leading it to seem more like 50 bps rather than 25.
Prices don't go down. Inflation is a measure of how fast prices go up. What you're talking about is deflation which is bad for any economy. Inflation is in check now close to the 2.5% the government sees as a healthy amount year over year.
The prices are not the problem the issue is the wages have not kept up with inflation. So this strains the middle class and below.
Anyone who owns majority of their wealth via assets like stock, real estate,certain crypto etc. Has seen their wealth rise past inflation.
We've seen companies raise wages at the bottoms rung like fast food workers, waiters, grocery store workers etc.but the cost of those wage increases were passed along to the consumer. Strongly linked to the middle class jobs like teachers, accountants, etc. Have not seen the necessary wage growth to keep up with Inflation. Hence everyone who isn't rich feeling less wealthy than they did 5 years ago.

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Most recent report
Breh, the Fed doesn’t give two shyts about CRE. These people over levered themselves when money was cheap to borrow and got in over their heads.

People who bought residential homes when you could get interest rates at 2-3% aren’t selling, causing supply to shrink currently. Even if the fed lowers interest rates, it won’t be lower than .25 first round, and that won’t help homebuyers much.

Banks are still taking investment deals with 20-25% down and if you have collateral. They aren’t just lending Willy nilly like before. There is no credit crunch for responsible borrowers.

Put your account where your mouth is. If the fed doesn’t lower interest rates in September, accept a ban for 90 days. If they do, I’ll take the 90 day ban.