Breaking: Stock market crash incoming (Update :sadcam)

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Pump faking ass economy

Economy been pretty damn consistent (and good) for over a year. Sometimes the market has bad days, especially over (unsubstantiated) rumors of military strikes that don't end up happening. Just saying. I work at a firm and am around fellow finance people all day. No one was panicked. Not a single soul.
:manny:

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Breh, the Fed doesn’t give two shyts about CRE. These people over levered themselves when money was cheap to borrow and got in over their heads.

People who bought residential homes when you could get interest rates at 2-3% aren’t selling, causing supply to shrink currently. Even if the fed lowers interest rates, it won’t be lower than .25 first round, and that won’t help homebuyers much.

Banks are still taking investment deals with 20-25% down and if you have collateral. They aren’t just lending Willy nilly like before. There is no credit crunch for responsible borrowers.

Put your account where your mouth is. If the fed doesn’t lower interest rates in September, accept a ban for 90 days. If they do, I’ll take the 90 day ban.
Well one I'm not a prophet and don't bet over some finbro shyt like this, I might be right, you might be right.

You are correct regarding CRE, I was mentioning that just as an indicator of financial health, and yes I'm sure the fed doesn't care about that directly. but the impact of high rates to main street is my true point and that is very sound.
I'm going by what the fed officials and Powell are saying.

Powell (7/31/24): “So on September, let me say this, we have made no decisions about future meetings and that includes the September meeting. The broad sense of the Committee is that the economy is moving closer to the point at which it will be appropriate to reduce our policy rate. In that, we will be data dependent but not data point dependent, so it will not be a question of responding specifically to one or two data releases. The question will be whether the totality of the data, the evolving outlook, and the balance of risks are consistent with rising confidence on inflation and maintaining a solid labor market. If that test is met, a reduction in our policy rate could be on the 1 table as soon as the next meeting in September.” Also unclear are the number of cuts before YE, although the median forecast of one cut, could turn into several in the September SEP. • Powell (7/31/24): “We didn't, of course, do an SEP at this meeting. We will do another one at the September meeting. I would just say I can imagine a scenario in which there would be everywhere from zero cuts to several cuts, depending on the way the economy evolves
He would not have even whispered several cuts if it wasn't discussed.

That said, we'll see. I'm confident in 25, and I believe 50 is quite possible.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Holy shyt, watching CNBC all day. I can’t wait to see though greedy a$$holes starting to melt down like 2008
iu

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Well one I'm not a prophet and don't bet over some finbro shyt like this, I might be right, you might be right.

You are correct regarding CRE, I was mentioning that just as an indicator of financial health, and yes I'm sure the fed doesn't care about that directly. but the impact of high rates to main street is my true point and that is very sound.
I'm going by what the fed officials and Powell are saying.

He would not have even whispered several cuts if it wasn't discussed.

That said, we'll see. I'm confident in 25, and I believe 50 is quite possible.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell on Wednesday set the stage for the central bank’s first rate cut in four years, citing greater progress toward lower inflation as well as a cooler job market that no longer threatens to overheat the economy.

Still, the Fed kept its key interest rate unchanged at a 23-year high of 5.3%, despite calls from some economists and Democratic politicians to implement a cut Wednesday. Instead, Powell said that, if inflation continues to fall, “a reduction in our policy rate could be on the table” when the Fed next meets Sept. 17-18.

“We’re getting closer to the point at which it’ll be appropriate to reduce our policy rate,” Powell said, “but we’re not quite at that point.”

Powell isn’t hinting, he’s being pragmatic. People are trying to hope and speak a rate cut into existence, or force his hand, but it’s not gonna work like that.

If you don’t want to bet just leave it at that. Since when is making a wager finbroish. It’s obvious you’re not confident in what you’re saying.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
If you don’t want to bet just leave it at that. Since when is making a wager finbroish. It’s obvious you’re not confident in what you’re saying.
I literally did say that lol. And the bet isn't finbroish, this whole conversation is.

I don't care enough to possibly not be on here during college football :rudy:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus

Dameon Farrow

Superstar
Daps
Nah fam this was definitely newsworthy lol. To your point the volatility in the market has been business as usual but “they” took it up a notch today.
Headed right back up to get the losses back as predicted. This literally happens over and over and over and over. Dips or 'crashes' as the alarmist like to put it are buying opportunities.