BREAKING NEWS: Kamala Harris to outline Tangibles for Black Men next week

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
One of the worst posters on these boards. Everything he says sounds like it comes from *****.
I wouldn't be surprised. His post in the wrestling section used to give off the vibe of racist neckbeard. He used to post there a lot until he got pushed out due to his racism and shyt-posting.

UnQuantized

Superstar
Daps
The reaction to that speech got them nervous, breh's going off on Tik Tok:huhldup:I though Obama was smarter than this, if you are going to do this you do it much earriler in the election cycle. This close to election day it just comes across as condescending:francis:

Last edited:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
So you don’t know how things work without saying it :skip:

That is another one of the worst posters on the board you're responding to. As in every single thing he writes is trash.

And he cosigned the post earlier in this thread that claimed Trump isn't racist at all.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Anyone can cherry pick clips. Imo neither one means anything though.

They consistently ignore all of these in order to misinterpret that one soundbite. It's almost as if they prefer that she not support reparations, because that's not what they actually care about anyway.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No one with basic reading comprehension thinks I'm "spinning" anything.

And why do you KEEP ignoring that she repeatedly talking about looking into reparations during the exact same period as this quote? That alone should kill your nonsense interpretation of it even if you got a 350 on your verbal SAT.

"The reality also is this: Any policy that will benefit Black people will benefit all of society. Let's be clear about that. Let's really be clear about that. So I'm not going to sit here and say I'm going to do something that's only gonna benefit Black people. No! Cause whatever benefits that black family will benefit that community and society as a whole and the country."

I'm going to keep posting the whole quote, cause y'all posted that one line out-of-context for a reason.

And I'm going to keep pointing out that she co-sponsored Cory Booker's bill to set up a committee to study reparations AND publicly said she would look into reparations as president, because both of those facts kill your claims even if you really can't read.

Three different statements AND a bill that kill your interpretation, which was already nonsense to begin with.

You mean when she was asked about reperations and said maybe it should be in the form of counseling:mjlol:

"One of the Democratic presidential candidates is floating an idea. It's a way to pay reparations for slavery and racial discrimination. Several candidates have endorsed that notion, although they're rarely giving specifics. Senator Kamala Harris also says the matter needs study. But in a talk with NPR, she did suggest what's on her mind.

Can you give me an idea of one possible form this could take?

KAMALA HARRIS: Sure. You can look at the issue of untreated and undiagnosed trauma. African-Americans have higher rates of heart disease and high blood pressure. It is environmental. It is centuries of slavery, which was a form of violence where women were raped, where children were taken from their parents - violence associated with slavery. And that never - there was never any real intervention to break up what had been generations of people experiencing the highest forms of trauma. And trauma, undiagnosed and untreated, leads to physiological outcomes.

INSKEEP: We're talking about the same thing as post-traumatic stress from a war.

HARRIS: Sure.

INSKEEP: That's the kind of thing we're talking about.

HARRIS: Absolutely. But listen; when - unless there's intervention done, it will appear to be, perhaps, generational. But it's generational only because the environment has not experienced a significant enough change to reverse the symptoms. You need to put resources and direct resources - extra resources - into those communities that have experienced that trauma.

INSKEEP: Reparations could...

HARRIS: So that's an example, in my mind...

INSKEEP: Reparations could be mental health treatment for African-Americans, hypothetically.

HARRIS: I think reparations - yeah. I think that the word, the term reparations, it means different things to different people. But what I mean by it is that we need to study the effects of generations of discrimination and institutional racism and determine what can be done, in terms of intervention, to correct course"

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

:gucci:NO SHES NOT YOU STUPID MUTHAfukkA
AND NO ONE IS GOING TO AGREE WITH
YOU ON THIS MADNESS YOUVE ROPED UP
IN YOUR AUTISTIC MIND.

A SERIOUS CONVERSATION CANT BE
HAD WITH A RABID BEING LIKE YOU
IF YOURE JUST GONNA
COMPLETELY WARP REALITY
WHEN YOU KNOW YOURE WRONG.

:devil:
:evil:

Thank you,posting link after link,video after video of Kamala saying she is for reperations. But every time she actually gives details,her idea of reperations is completely different from what 99% of black people think of when you hear the word reperations. Shes talking about it being in the form of counseling,prison reform(when Dems are responsible for the crime bill),and helping black people "rise up" through legislation that helps everyone. But like someone else pointed out,its not for us specefically. But in theory would disproportionately help black people more.

This was no accident either,they clearly know her idea of reperations doesnt represent what most black people believe to be reperations. The play was just to get that headline so schills like him could post "Kamala says shes for reperations" articles. In the hopes that black people would see the headline,not read it,and fall to our knees :blessed:. Didnt work in 2019,aint working in 2024 either.

Her idea of reperations sounds like typical status quo,other than the counseling idea,that was a new one:mjlol:

If she wants to have her own specefic black agenda,cool. But she needs to stop calling whatever her ideas are reperations. When she knows full well her ideas arent what black people are talking about when we discuss reperations. This is used car salesman type of spin shes doing.

Last edited:

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think Democrats have given up on getting the overwhelming majority of Black voters. They've probably moved on to a new voting block. Why else would you see these poll numbers and do nothing about it?
:yeshrug:

Black Voters Drift From Democrats, Imperiling Harris’s Bid, Poll Shows​

Sbp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Punishment mechanism for the DNC abusing and taking the Black vote for granted for 60 years. This is what the "holding them accountable" people always lie about actually looks like. Letting them crash and burn.
Trump isn't shaming, pandering and lying as if he's our friend to con the Black vote for the millionth time. He's just the lucky beneficiary of the repercussions.

Doesn't matter how long it takes.
They gon overlook this post

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Tchalla now you know a few of those organizations are corrupt

Every organization run by humans is corrupt.

Next excuse? :unimpressed:

BLM is completely garbage and is not a pro-black organization.
The NAACP was bought out by the Democrats decades ago. They literally have no national presence.
The Divine Nine isn't a thing. BGLOs just largely shill for Democrats but rarely impact policy.

None of those 3 are lobbying organizations. The SLPC is at least respectable.

I support BLM the movement, not the org, to be clear.

@God Of Art stated that he wanted a "Black AIPAC" to lobby for reparations. I gave a non-exhaustive list of existing organizations for Black people that could already fit the bill.

Making another Black centric organization, especially with no clear plans or strategy, will have as much effect as a fart in the wind.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
They gon overlook this post
I'll address it.

Here's why that is a trash argument: it completely ignores the fact that a lot of us support Democrats because they've delivered on issues that matter to us. We're talking about civil rights, healthcare, criminal justice reform, labor protections, and so on. The idea that we're just blindly loyal or being conned? It is a bullshyt insulting claim that robs us of our agency. That view ignores how Republicans actively block policies that would directly benefit Black folks, like student loan forgiveness for Pell Grant recipients, which would make a massive difference for Black borrowers. Or take farm relief, where republicans fought against a specific bill aimed at Black farmers getting their fair share, despite Trump giving 99% of aid to white farmers. And don't forget how they destroyed affirmative action and are going after other policies that address historic wrongs. They are also banning the teaching of comprehensive Black history in red states. Why no smoke for this when they have strong trifecta governments?

The idea of "letting them crash and burn" by not voting is just dumb, dangerous and reckless. It's just handing power to people who are actively making things worse for us. You are just giving a gift to the very people who are blocking progress. Sitting out is just ceding everything to those who want to strip away every right and protection that's been fought for. Y'all always bring up the disastrous crime bill, but want to ignore who's attacking its legacy, and who's trying to bring it back. I wonder why.

Further, let's not pretend Trump isn't trying to pander to Black voters in the most outright racist ways. He straight up said he would be more relatable to us now that he has a criminal record, and his surrogates have been talking about how his 'baby mamas,' and other ridiculously insulting bullshyt will make him more relatable to us. And don't forget, he openly celebrated low Black voter turnout in 2016. And his bullshyt 'Platinum Plan.' For whatever reason, y'all want to ignore or gloss over this.

Now, just because reparations haven't happened doesn't mean we aren't seeing any benefits from other policies. Broad policies like healthcare expansion and student loan forgiveness may not be reparations, but they still help Black communities in huge ways, especially where the Medicaid expansion is concerned. It disproportionately benefited Black people. It helped close the racial insurance gap, and helped millions of poor and working-class Black people gain crucial access to healthcare, including preventive care.

It's still being blocked in most red states despite the incentives the federal government is providing to them, and even though its been proven to be a benefit, especially for things like cancer screenings, diabetes management, and hypertension treatment, which are critical for improving health outcomes and life expectancy. Before Medicaid expansion, a lot of people couldn't afford basic medical care, which contributed to higher rates of preventable diseases in Black communities. It has also been linked to reductions in racial disparities in health outcomes, like infant mortality rates and maternal health, both areas where Black people have historically faced significant challenges. It didn't just provide insurance, it provided the means to improve the overall quality of life and longevity for many Black Americans. How can you downplay that? How can you not blame republicans for blocking this in the states that house the largest collection of Black people?

It is stupid to blame Democrats entirely while pretending Trump has nothing to do with the problems we face. You're just ignoring reality. If anything, Trump's policies, like his tariffs that hurt workers in Michigan (Detroit especially), did direct damage. You're not holding anyone accountable by letting the system "crash and burn." You're just showing how lazy you are. The real way to hold anyone accountable is to actually stay engaged, organize, and to vote strategically, not to sit on your hands. But again, a lot of you don't really care. You secretly support Trump, but are too afraid to say it out loud, so you push this nonsensical position.

Daps
BLM is completely garbage and is not a pro-black organization.
The NAACP was bought out by the Democrats decades ago. They literally have no national presence.
The Divine Nine isn't a thing. BGLOs just largely shill for Democrats but rarely impact policy.

None of those 3 are lobbying organizations. The SLPC is at least respectable.
the same splc who designated noi as a hate group?

:unimpressed: