Boxing is hard as shyt

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
You must have small hands. I hate those shyts. I dont know how people use them. That small ass hand compartment is wild.

I would say get Grants but I dont know if they sell them anymore. Yeah playa, save your hands and spend that 350(shyts probably 400 by now). Especially if you have hand issues. I would say get you some of these
ARCLIBER Cellulose Sponge,Heavy Duty Scrub Sponge,Clean Tough Messes Without Scratching for Kitchen(6 Pack)
and put it under your wraps but those gloves insides are small as fukk.

yeah I walk around at 130-135 and would fight at shyt….whatever Monster fight at probs 122 highest Im a lil nikka. I make good money so I may as well cop them shyts for a xmas gift fukk it. My dumb ass just copped a OLED too should have bought gloves :mjlol:

also you gon have to walk me thru the use of sponges under wraps king, I have never heard or seen that method:ohhh:

you suggest the tie ups or na, I heard the velcro winnings kind of fugazi?

MikeyK

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Going through this thread it just got worse and worse

praying for op
full

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No head gear. Dude isn’t exactly a professional boxer and we don’t train at a boxing gym. Moreso of an MMA dude who knows boxing. He appears to know his shyt tho when it comes to boxing from what I can see.

Dude already talking about getting me fights and shyt and I’m like :hubie:

You don't need to go back.

No credible gym is going to have you hitting someone else or being hit within a year. There's too much conditioning and too many techniques to learn. If you're going from one gym to another that's one thing. If you're already in shape and conditioned and have some knowledge and technique that's another even so there's still least a half a years training and conditioning a person needs to go through.

It's more than just physical. The trainer is supposed to be monitoring, watching, and learning you. You could be that unhinged psychopath who is a danger to the gym, a loose cannon. A good trainer is supposed to filter those cats out.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
I use hayabusa T3s and yes I wrap my shyt. I got my 6 or 4 checked super hard early on and then just never let it heal. :beli:

I imagine I reinjured the shyt several times a week sparring and hitting the bags before I finally started thinking rationally and went to the doc:beli:

If you got some gloves that are more thumb protectiony holla but you gon have to really sell me on it if you bring up copping some winnings :beli:
Hayabusa's are for cardio kickboxing get some Venums or Buwaka's or fairtex. If you want secure wrists get RDX's.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Today was like the first real day of sparring - was prolly like 35 mins. We went in 5 min rounds. He switched off from pads to gloves halfway.

We’ve been training together for like 6 sessions so far. Each session is an hour 30. We pretty much did a lot of heavy bag and pad work for those sessions.

Idk if dude just hits hard or if I have a weak chin. I swear after every shot my head is ringing, shyt STINGS. Does getting hit in the head supposed to feel like this for a beginner?

I will say that it makes me super fukking avoidant of getting hit, last thing I wanna do is keep getting hit by that mfer.

200.gif

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
You don't need to go back.

No credible gym is going to have you hitting someone else or being hit within a year. There's too much conditioning and too many techniques to learn. If you're going from one gym to another that's one thing. If you're already in shape and conditioned and have some knowledge and technique that's another even so there's still least a half a years training and conditioning a person needs to go through.

It's more than just physical. The trainer is supposed to be monitoring, watching, and learning you. You could be that unhinged psychopath who is a danger to the gym, a loose cannon. A good trainer is supposed to filter those cats out.

IDK I was sparring in like 2 and everyone was shocked since they assumed Id been boxing for a year or so I wasnt spooked or nuthin and my trainer drilled drilled drilled technique and conditioning plus I was doing work for like 8 hours a week…quick learner etc. but my trainer also made sure I wasnt gonna be a deer in headlights either

I do think for most folks 6 months is good though cux not every trainer as crucial as mines. Duke like 6-0 as a pro and a monster and a good tracher to boot. 90% of the battle is finding a teacher that is good.

mag357

Superstar
Daps
boxing base and learn muay thai :yeshrug:

IMO any discipline other than the perfomative shyt like Tae kwon do, kung fu etc is fine in a street fight cuz most people cant fight or take a real lick and will be gassed in 37 seconds.

Now if you going against someone who knows how to grapple on the screets just hope you hit them first or your homies ready to stomp on breh when it goes to the ground cuz they gon choke you out :yeshrug:

knowing how to close distance, take down and finish is more important than anything.

Punching is always dangerous in a street fight cause there's a risk of hurting your hands. And then you'll be at a disadvantage.

I fukks with Muay Thai

Last edited:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
knowing how to close distance, take down and finish is more important than anything.

Punching is always dangerous in a street fight cause there's a risk off hurting your hands. And then you'll be at a disadvantage.

I fukks with Muay Thai

yeah if someone takes a couple good overhand rights they rock heads probs broke my hand at that point lol. Boxing so fukking pretty though, I do want to learn Muay thai next tho. They do work in the clinch

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
IDK I was sparring in like 2 and
plus I was doing work for like 8 hours a week…quick learner etc.

If you were conditioning for 8 hrs a week and you starting sparing in 2 months. That's only 64hrs of gym time. Not even 3 days of work being in the gym. I'd personally be surprised if cats even knew your name.

I'm not discrediting your journey though, if that's what you did, that's on you.

mag357

Superstar
Daps
yeah if someone takes a couple good overhand rights they rock heads probs broke my hand at that point lol. Boxing so fukking pretty though, I do want to learn Muay thai next tho. They do work in the clinch

Yeah learning work from the clinch, is definitely an important aspect of an actual fight...

And my MMA homeboys love watching boxing.
The even just loved watching me work out, and hit the bag and mitts.

They just love how smooth and pretty the sport is...
And I watch them amazed at how they can put everything together.

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
yeah I walk around at 130-135 and would fight at shyt….whatever Monster fight at probs 122 highest Im a lil nikka. I make good money so I may as well cop them shyts for a xmas gift fukk it. My dumb ass just copped a OLED too should have bought gloves :mjlol:

also you gon have to walk me thru the use of sponges under wraps king, I have never heard or seen that method:ohhh:

you suggest the tie ups or na, I heard the velcro winnings kind of fugazi?
Get you some tie ups. Velcro is trash for Sparring. Use the other gloves for Bag and mitt work. That way it saves the padding on your gloves. Worst sparring I ever had was a nikka with Reyes gloves. Those shyts hurt. Any nikka i see use that those before we spar I automatically knew pull out the dirty shyt like wrapping a nikka up and cover his mouth with my gloves, use my elbow to lift his chin up etc.. all types of shyt lol.

With the sponge you use it the same way you would wrap you hands normally. After you wrap your wrist and thumb wrap your hand once. then put the sponge on top and wrap between your knuckle to hold it in place(like normal. Well I hope your ass is wrapping it that way anyway) once you go through your 3 fingers wrap it around the sponge then finish wrapping your wrist. Create that X on your wrist too. Keeps the wrist in place.

Edit:
Here's an example...

Once you get it down, do it how you feel comfortable... My bad for this long ass reply:mjlol:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
If you were conditioning for 8 hrs a week and you starting sparing in 2 months. That's only 64hrs of gym time. Not even 3 days of work being in the gym. I'd personally be surprised if cats even knew your name.

I'm not discrediting your journey though, if that's what you did, that's on you.

didnt say I was a world killer I was just capable enough to hold my own sparring the ammys and a very fast learner. In two months I was further along than some of the cats who had been there 6-9 months. My trainer a active pro and a long time homie so he said I was ready and I was ready :yeshrug:

im agreeing with you at the end of the day most people shouldnt spar under 6 months.