Boxing is hard as shyt

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
In an actual boxing gym I didnt spar forreal for two months and Im an extremely fast learner.

You had roughly less than ten hours of training, no headgear and this nikka telling u he wants you to fight ammy :dead:

we told yo ass to vacate that place in the boxing thread now I see you aint listen he bought to hurt your ass breh :dead:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Oh yeah, breathing and being relaxed is a major thing in boxing too.

If you’re too tensed or don’t breathe correctly you will get tired af fukk. Thats one of the first things he should’ve taught you

And if dude is white definitely gtfo. Normally , with training i try not to look at race too much but with the bullshyt he got you doing, power punches everytime, etc.

Now my coach told me to throw with bad intentions, but technique, accuracy, speed is going to beat most average person on the street alone, with or without that much power. Plus some shots are touch shots to set power shots up.

And MMA dudes alone are kinda sketchy to get training from. Most of them dudes could give a shyt less about the art of boxing, they just want to know enough to beat people up or because they had mediocre boxing training.

head movement a foreign concept to them mma cacs too, high key the WORST folks to base ya boxing around :mjlol:

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
Yeah the dude I’m training with wants me to throw every punch with power. Pretty much the main thing he’s teaching me now is to step into my punches.

Says I need to work on my balance and core strength.

Doesn’t mention shyt about breathing or punching from the hips.

Dude hits hard as shyt too, I guess to make me move my feet more:huhldup:

This shyt stings like a mfer, having my head ringing and shyt. Is that normal?

I only have two more sessions with dude. I’m gonna try out a real boxing gym when I’m done with him.

He says the last session us sparring for like 8-12 rounds and that’s supposedly gonna be him teaching me what really getting hit feels like :huhldup:
It sounds like your trainer/teacher doesn't know what he is doing, tbh. You're just starting and he has you sparring thst hard? Wow.

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
@KingZimbabwe wait you asked The Ring and they told you to cut it out? :ufdup:. Is this guy white? How old is he? This doesn't sound right to me man. Sounds like you have an mma guy teaching you shyt. He's gonna get you injured/hurt. Don't go back for the next trainings man and get your money back. He is doing shyt he ain't supposed to.

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
I’m sore asf after an hour of training how the hell do y’all boxing brehs keep up stamina??

Shyt is tiring as hell. Every time I train I end up drenched in sweat :flabbynsick:

I was getting touched like a mfer by the end of sparring, ears all sore and shyt now:flabbynsick:

PbzAKY.gif

Gotta be relaxed breh, you sounded tense or nervous when you were sparring, hence the exhaustion.

Work on cardio, jump rope, dips, pushups, pullups for baseline conditioning. Relax during your sets, if you ae holding your breath and punching, you will gas out....

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
No head gear. Dude isn’t exactly a professional boxer and we don’t train at a boxing gym. Moreso of an MMA dude who knows boxing. He appears to know his shyt tho when it comes to boxing from what I can see.

Dude already talking about getting me fights and shyt and I’m like :hubie:
Stop training with him period. You are going to fukk around and get hurt. No sparring should be done the first 4-6 months. And when you finally do its with someone that is experienced and with headgear. on top of putting vaseline on the gloves and the headgear. Been boxing since a kid and trained people from kids to adults(still do it every so often) since 19. take my advice ASAP. GO TO A REAL GYM first. when you get there observe all the trainers and fighters. Go to the one that is best for you.

And for god sake, ANYBODY that says to you they can get you fights at such and such......... Stop talking to them period. they are going to get you hurt. To many fighters I know personally who had bad trainers cant even fukking talk. Word to the og Junior Jones(I love that dude. Cool as fukk)...

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Stop training with him period. You are going to fukk around and get hurt. No sparring should be done the first 4-6 months. And when you finally do its with someone that is experienced and with headgear. on top of putting vaseline on the gloves and the headgear. Been boxing since a kid and trained people from kids to adults(still do it every so often) since 19. take my advice ASAP. GO TO A REAL GYM first. when you get there observe all the trainers and fighters. Go to the one that is best for you.

And for god sake, ANYBODY that says to you they can get you fights at such and such......... Stop talking to them period. they are going to get you hurt. To many fighters I know personally who had bad trainers cant even fukking talk. Word to the og Junior Jones(I love that dude. Cool as fukk)...

you have an experience with this breh? I had to stop cuz I went to the ortho and he basically said my thumb was missing cartilege :mjlol: my dumb ass had been sparring with a injured thumb for months till I finally said enough is enough cuz you know how gym male ego is with this shyt.

Doc said give it a rest for a few months but thjs shyt not getting any less sore. I feel imma break my shyt if I go back to sparring hard :francis: but that itch is so pervasive.

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION
Run more
Jump rope more

I think you need to watch videos of fights and become a student of the game...

If someone gets tagged, rewind and see how the setup occurred

Mma and boxing are 2 different things with 2 different kinds of set ups.

If homeboy doesn't have a boxing base, you not gonna learn how you should.

He got you sparring 12 rounds as a beginner tho:dwillhuh:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
You don't play boxing and your trainer doesn't know shyt. Breathe in through your nose out through your mouth, and stop sparring 5 minute rounds you are a novice you shouldn't spar until you have at least 3 months experience and have a solid grasp of the basics; even then start with 1 minute rounds and work your way up. This guy wants you to get into tge ammy's already he gonna get you killed.

King

The black man is always targeted.
Bushed
Daps
Stop and go to a real boxing gym.
He is going to get you hurt.

Theres a bunch of MMA guys trying to cash in on brehs that want to get into boxing.
They take advantage of you since you dont know how things are supposed to go.
This just happened to my boy a few months ago.
Wasted a few hundred dollars before he stopped and went elsewhere.

Yeah I’ve decided I’m not gonna train with dude anymore. Fukk it, imma just tell dude I’m good he can keep the money idgaf.

Ears still hurting like a mfer the day after, can’t even sleep. Hopefully this shyt wears off soon. Brain damage ain’t worth it :hubie:

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
No head gear. Dude isn’t exactly a professional boxer and we don’t train at a boxing gym. Moreso of an MMA dude who knows boxing. He appears to know his shyt tho when it comes to boxing from what I can see.

Dude already talking about getting me fights and shyt and I’m like :hubie:

He is robbing you and clearly doesn't know his shyt.

Any trainer worth his salt will have you focusing on conditioning and technique first. They're not going to look to put you in professional fights.

Sounds as though you're telling ducktales or paying someone to rough you up.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
Yeah the dude I’m training with wants me to throw every punch with power. Pretty much the main thing he’s teaching me now is to step into my punches.

Says I need to work on my balance and core strength.

Doesn’t mention shyt about breathing or punching from the hips.

Dude hits hard as shyt too, I guess to make me move my feet more:huhldup:

This shyt stings like a mfer, having my head ringing and shyt. Is that normal?

I only have two more sessions with dude. I’m gonna try out a real boxing gym when I’m done with him.

He says the last session us sparring for like 8-12 rounds and that’s supposedly gonna be him teaching me what really getting hit feels like :huhldup:

my man is using you to try out new shyt.
smiling in you face feeding you :duck:
the whole time he's like
200w.gif