Boxing is hard as shyt

Unolove

All Star
Daps
It is I remember my first time sparring in 2012 at the PAL I gassed out in like two minutes and I was like 165 pounds,def wasn’t fat

LuuqMaan

Superstar
Daps
Yeah the dude I’m training with wants me to throw every punch with power. Pretty much the main thing he’s teaching me now is to step into my punches.

Says I need to work on my balance and core strength.

Doesn’t mention shyt about breathing or punching from the hips.

Dude hits hard as shyt too, I guess to make me move my feet more:huhldup:

This shyt stings like a mfer, having my head ringing and shyt. Is that normal?

I only have two more sessions with dude. I’m gonna try out a real boxing gym when I’m done with him.

He says the last session us sparring for like 8-12 rounds and that’s supposedly gonna be him teaching me what really getting hit feels like :huhldup:

Today was like the first real day of sparring - was prolly like 35 mins. We went in 5 min rounds. He switched off from pads to gloves halfway.

We’ve been training together for like 6 sessions so far. Each session is an hour 30. We pretty much did a lot of heavy bag and pad work for those sessions.

Idk if dude just hits hard or if I have a weak chin. I swear after every shot my head is ringing, shyt STINGS. Does getting hit in the head supposed to feel like this for a beginner?

Maybe I’m just tensing up too much and reacting awkwardly when I get hit.

Hope it’s not CTE from my football days, maybe I’m being irrational.

I will say that it makes me super fukking avoidant of getting hit, last thing I wanna do is keep getting hit by that mfer.

No head gear. Dude isn’t exactly a professional boxer and we don’t train at a boxing gym. Moreso of an MMA dude who knows boxing. He appears to know his shyt tho when it comes to boxing from what I can see.

Dude already talking about getting me fights and shyt and I’m like :hubie:

EXACTLY.. sounds like he’s using buddy just as someone to beat up on and get money from:hhh:

In an actual boxing gym I didnt spar forreal for two months and Im an extremely fast learner.

You had roughly less than ten hours of training, no headgear and this nikka telling u he wants you to fight ammy :dead:

we told yo ass to vacate that place in the boxing thread now I see you aint listen he bought to hurt your ass breh :dead:

It sounds like your trainer/teacher doesn't know what he is doing, tbh. You're just starting and he has you sparring thst hard? Wow.

I’m legit crying. Actual tears