Boxing is hard as shyt

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
Yeah I’ve decided I’m not gonna train with dude anymore. Fukk it, imma just tell dude I’m good he can keep the money idgaf.

Ears still hurting like a mfer the day after, can’t even sleep. Hopefully this shyt wears off soon. Brain damage ain’t worth it :hubie:

dudes gonna be salty that his human punching bag didn't show up.
did he take before and after sparring pics of you?
that's something that happened to me and some other gym i used to go to.
the trainer would take a selfie with us before the sparring, fukk us up and then take a selfie after.
turns out he was going around and telling people that they were pics from actual boxing matches.
he told us that headgear was a disadvantage...so he wore one to make it more even.
of course he didn't wear the gear in the pics.

aaaaaaaaand he was a southpaw so he stayed stepping on our feet and hold in there so he could let off haymakers.
dude would turn around and say "Did you see that?!?!" every time he laid someone out.
yes mother fukker, we all saw it.

Mr Clean

Superstar
Daps
Conditioning ain't no joke. You just discovered how far you were from actually doing that shyt forreal

A practical example is seeing 2 dudes square up in real life. They both gonna be gassed in like 30s even if they in shape

Boxers really busting moves, on their feet for an hour with a break every few minutes. All while another man is trying to punch you in the face :damn:
Just wait until you start sparring. That first round will have you like :dead:

3 rounds gonna feel like :sadcam:

Why the hell you sparring already and taking hits? That shyt is down the line breh. Get to a real boxing gym. A real OG will treat you like a son. No one supposed to be getting hurt that's still learning

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
you have an experience with this breh? I had to stop cuz I went to the ortho and he basically said my thumb was missing cartilege :mjlol: my dumb ass had been sparring with a injured thumb for months till I finally said enough is enough cuz you know how gym male ego is with this shyt.

Doc said give it a rest for a few months but thjs shyt not getting any less sore. I feel imma break my shyt if I go back to sparring hard :francis: but that itch is so pervasive.
What kind of gloves you use? And do you wrap your thumb like you suppose to nikka???:beli:

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
You don't play boxing and your trainer doesn't know shyt. Breathe in through your nose out through your mouth, and stop sparring 5 minute rounds you are a novice you shouldn't spar until you have at least 3 months experience and have a solid grasp of the basics; even then start with 1 minute rounds and work your way up. This guy wants you to get into tge ammy's already he gonna get you killed.
Thank you!!!

mag357

Superstar
Daps
Two reasons

1. Self Defense

2. Legacy

I just feel like as a man I have to know how to defend myself. Def not trying to compete or anything I already took a fukkton of hits to the head in sports as it is.

And plus it’s a legacy thing for me. Boxing is a black art however you cut it. Just knowing the history of the black fighter it would be a disgrace for me to not learn to art myself.

To be honest... And I know there's always a debate about this on here...
But I feel like mixed martial arts it's better when it comes to self defense. You'll develop skills closely related to a street fight.

Boxing is a much harder sport. But it's just a sport...with rules and restrictions...
It's a pretty muthafuka sport tho . That's why I feel most black people rather learn boxing over MMA... Because it looks way slicker, and prettier...
Compared to MMA ..
However, it takes a super long time to get nice with it... And you'd hurt your hands way quicker in an actual street fight.

AnotherRoute

Just another post by
Daps
Reppin
BR..O..OK...LYN
Your trainer sounds like a fukking idiot. Sparring in the beginning should just get you comfortable moving around with another person. Also he doesn’t have any self control he should know how to hit you without using full power. All he is teaching you is how to get your ass whopped.

EBK String

Better Ring String
Supporter
Daps
You in ATL right? You should be training with Mustafa

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I’m sore asf after an hour of training how the hell do y’all boxing brehs keep up stamina??

Shyt is tiring as hell. Every time I train I end up drenched in sweat :flabbynsick:

I was getting touched like a mfer by the end of sparring, ears all sore and shyt now:flabbynsick:

PbzAKY.gif
Spar when you can't box?

Did you ask for that?

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
What kind of gloves you use? And do you wrap your thumb like you suppose to nikka???:beli:

I use hayabusa T3s and yes I wrap my shyt. I got my 6 or 4 checked super hard early on and then just never let it heal. :beli:

I imagine I reinjured the shyt several times a week sparring and hitting the bags before I finally started thinking rationally and went to the doc:beli:

If you got some gloves that are more thumb protectiony holla but you gon have to really sell me on it if you bring up copping some winnings :beli:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
To be honest... And I know there's always a debate about this on here...
But I feel like mixed martial arts it's better when it comes to self defense. You'll develop skills closely related to a street fight.

Boxing is a much harder sport. But it's just a sport...with rules and restrictions...
It's a pretty muthafuka sport tho . That's why I feel most black people rather learn boxing over MMA... Because it looks way slicker, and prettier...
Compared to MMA ..
However, it takes a super long time to get nice with it... And you'd hurt your hands way quicker in an actual street fight.

boxing base and learn muay thai :yeshrug:

IMO any discipline other than the perfomative shyt like Tae kwon do, kung fu etc is fine in a street fight cuz most people cant fight or take a real lick and will be gassed in 37 seconds.

Now if you going against someone who knows how to grapple on the screets just hope you hit them first or your homies ready to stomp on breh when it goes to the ground cuz they gon choke you out :yeshrug:

Harry Sax

Formally mr 321
Daps
Yeah the dude I’m training with wants me to throw every punch with power. Pretty much the main thing he’s teaching me now is to step into my punches.

Says I need to work on my balance and core strength.

Doesn’t mention shyt about breathing or punching from the hips.

Dude hits hard as shyt too, I guess to make me move my feet more:huhldup:

This shyt stings like a mfer, having my head ringing and shyt. Is that normal?

I only have two more sessions with dude. I’m gonna try out a real boxing gym when I’m done with him.

He says the last session us sparring for like 8-12 rounds and that’s supposedly gonna be him teaching me what really getting hit feels like :huhldup:
Sounds like Breh just wanna beat your ass :dead:

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
I use hayabusa T3s and yes I wrap my shyt. I got my 6 or 4 checked super hard early on and then just never let it heal. :beli:

I imagine I reinjured the shyt several times a week sparring and hitting the bags before I finally started thinking rationally and went to the doc:beli:

If you got some gloves that are more thumb protectiony holla but you gon have to really sell me on it if you bring up copping some winnings :beli:
You must have small hands. I hate those shyts. I dont know how people use them. That small ass hand compartment is wild.

I would say get Grants but I dont know if they sell them anymore. Yeah playa, save your hands and spend that 350(shyts probably 400 by now). Especially if you have hand issues. I would say get you some of these
ARCLIBER Cellulose Sponge,Heavy Duty Scrub Sponge,Clean Tough Messes Without Scratching for Kitchen(6 Pack)
and put it under your wraps but those gloves insides are small as fukk.