Boxing is hard as shyt

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Get you some tie ups. Velcro is trash for Sparring. Use the other gloves for Bag and mitt work. That way it saves the padding on your gloves. Worst sparring I ever had was a nikka with Reyes gloves. Those shyts hurt. Any nikka i see use that those before we spar I automatically knew pull out the dirty shyt like wrapping a nikka up and cover his mouth with my gloves, use my elbow to lift his chin up etc.. all types of shyt lol.

With the sponge you use it the same way you would wrap you hands normally. After you wrap your wrist and thumb wrap your hand once. then put the sponge on top and wrap between your knuckle to hold it in place(like normal. Well I hope your ass is wrapping it that way anyway) once you go through your 3 fingers wrap it around the sponge then finish wrapping your wrist. Create that X on your wrist too. Keeps the wrist in place.

Edit:
Here's an example...

Once you get it down, do it how you feel comfortable... My bad for this long ass reply:mjlol:

naw this gospel repped king

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
didnt say I was a world killer I was just capable enough to hold my own sparring the ammys and a very fast learner.

Like I said I'm not discrediting any of your journey. I believe it cause I've seen it.

I grew up in gyms. Worked in gyms and still go to gyms.

The good ones just have a way of doing things that is standard. Plenty of gyms, trainers and clients come and go.

There's a practice that keeps people around. If you've been in the gym at all. You know someone doesn't have to be punched before they quit or decide it's not for them. The ones that can get conditioned, learn the techniques and demonstrate the skill go on to hit each other and be hit. But that takes time, it's not something you see in someone the moment they walk in the door, it's not someone who walks in the gym and calls someone out, it just takes time.

Daps
I use hayabusa T3s and yes I wrap my shyt. I got my 6 or 4 checked super hard early on and then just never let it heal. :beli:

I imagine I reinjured the shyt several times a week sparring and hitting the bags before I finally started thinking rationally and went to the doc:beli:

If you got some gloves that are more thumb protectiony holla but you gon have to really sell me on it if you bring up copping some winnings :beli:

Lace up winnings. My hands and wrist love me now.

Fletch

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dallas
I just started 3 months ago, I luckily have some pretty good conditioning from the last 15 years of different sports. I’ve been sparring a couple of times, but it’s not full on coach has us go at 25% just to get used to moving around with someone and used to blocking and throwing combos. It’s never a free for all. Definitely hit that roadwork and jump Rope at least 3-4 times a week to get the conditioning up and save the power shots for when they make sense.

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
Yeah. It's being able to punch for an hour. Untrained people get totally wiped out after like 120 seconds.

Much like running for an hour.

Untrained people may get further at running. Might make it a mile if they just tenacious. 10 min or so.

Swimming. Dancing Even fukcing is the same routine

So the key with any of those is to train up to the point where you can go for an hour.

Prolly why boxing is so revered. They even nerf your fists to make the fight way longer than it would be otherwise. Either from hurting the other person much worse or from hurting your hand.