Bought my first 4k HDR tv and im not impressed

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
I looked at buying a 4k TV but at the time when I MOVED into my new house like I said...they were NOT worth the price. A Hisense 60" :trash: was going for $1600 at Costco :snoop:

There was no fukkin content. fukk was I gonna do, what tester videos on Youtube? :what:

So instead of waiting 2 or 3 years I bought the best 1080p sets I could get.

Last year I bought my pops a 4k my nikka because the price had dropped to 1/3 retail price by that time. Now you have affordable streaming content, blu-ray, etc....

the price has everything to do with justification, that is the word you used and that was your point. 4k is better than 1080p, only an idiot or someone who has never seen real 4k would argue that.

what part did you not understand wit yo illiterate ass?

oh yeah, I forgot, I did buy a Seiki 39" 4k tv from TigerDirect when I first moved 3 years ago to put in a bonus room. Again, prices were high so I copped something cheap to "try out".

issues AT THE TIME:

not enough 4k content
4k was at 30hz on this set which is why it was so cheap (think I paid $400 for it)
old firmware (4k was greatly improved with new firmware)

in short it just wasnt a true 4k tv before the firmware. I returned it in a week. this set however was well reviewed as a high quality monitor, just not TV. and TV improved after firmware.
Wait...now you forgot about a 4k you bought? You gotta be like 13 years old, lying through your fukkin teeth

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wait...now you forgot about a 4k you bought? You gotta be like 13 years old, lying through your fukkin teeth

no need to lie to you fukkboi. I bought the cheap ass set 3 years ago and returned it in a week. no skin off you if you dont believe me.
but I have the same username on avsforum fakkit. :umad:

so you can see posts from me from 2009 (member since 05). :martin: so yeah, I'm 13 :rudy:

all in all, if you simply want a 1080p or 4k TV then go to Walmart. they have plenty.

its not that simple however. There is a difference in the range of both standards.

the Seiki I had (like that is something to brag about:heh:) wasnt true 4k at the time. if it aint 2160p then you lost. 3 years ago, firmware had to support refresh rates, HDMI 2.0 standard wasnt across the board, and there wasnt enough true content with the bitrate. I returned it and got a 42" LG 1080p which believe it or not was a much better HDTV, even though it was 1080 and the Seiki was advertised as 4k.

if you look at what your cable or sat provider pushes out as far as bitrate for say.....ESPN (720p) or HBO (1080i in a lot of systems) and look at what they push out the Discovery Channel at (much higher bitrate) then you would know every video aint the same and every tv aint the same. the highest level 4k content on the highest level set blows 1080p likewise out the fukkin water. but like RBX said...."cant tell a dumb nikka nuttin"

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
SAME Joint. Yup. But I calibrated my joint too.

I looked into doing this and read some of the AV forum, honestly it was just too deep/complicated for me. Wouldn't be surprised if my tv could look WAY better with some adjusting. Are there any quick tips to get the most out the picture

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Hey brehs. I’m so dissapointed in this tv i bought its a sony 850E With HDR 2017 model

How is this shyt look worse than my previous vizio m series?

Its barely bright and dont even see what the HDR Fuzz is all about. This tv cost me 1300 dlls wtf

It looked great on best buy but looks like shyt at home. It was in the gaming section and dude told me this tv was good got ps4 but i cant even play rocket league without the godamn input lag.

I dont know what im doing wrong. Checked Rtings for calibration and that shyt made it darker and uglier than the standard

Anyone have this tv or can give me advice?
12 Tips to Tune Up Your TV - AVSForum.com
This should get you right, however I like "soap Opera effect" dont know why they tell you to turn that off12 Tips to Tune Up Your TV - AVSForum.com

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
I've had the ks8500 and now I have the oled

I've come to the conclusion that hdr isn't great on all content

The best HDR game for me is Horizon Dawn, followed shortly by that Gran Turismo Demo ...

On most other games it's dark and dingy... it actually sometimes looks better off. Thats.the truth.

To me it's far better on actual movie/show content.

If you have Amazon ... there's a show on there about cars shotgun 4k hdr....thats the best shyt ive.eber seen in my life, like ..mindblowing.

All the Netflix hdr shows are impressive too

methodz

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The 850e from Sony is very average to be quite honest, a 900e would be a decent amount better, I just bought a 65 inch 900e and when it's pretty good. I also have a 55 inch LG OLED B6 from last year, the OLED is better downstairs and in darker environments and the Sony shines upstairs, HDR is quite the thing on both and is excessively impressive, 4K ain't much and has a way bigger advantage when it comes to gaming on high end PC's and not those silly console upgrades that can barely handle 20 fps at 4k.

While the LG OLED is better at standard picture quality the Sony I've noticed is great at upscaling 720 and 1080 content which is 90% of what we watch. Go return that 850e and get yourself a 900e and get it calibrated, it's quite good.

Also, recently 4K HDR UHD dVD's have recently gotten cracked, sampled a couple and they are goregous, compared a few to their 1080 standars and the difference is mind boggling especially when HDR is on.

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
Watch that crown scene on Netflix when Queen Elizabeth gets anointed. That 4K looks tremendous on the ks8000 65inch.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
[QUOTE="Da King, post: 26747579, member: 418"]If you didn't get an OLED TV you lost, 4K is a not a big jump AT ALL from 1080p as far as the human eye in concerned. Just tech companies needing to keep selling products[/QUOTE]

Wasn't trying to be rude, but this is basically the truth. All non OLED Tv's are vastly inferior.

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
Speaking of TV's... Trying to find a 4k TV for my room. Preferrebly 43 inches. Looking into the MU6300 Samsung and the X720E Sony and the LG UJ6300

Doesn't have to be smart since I'm hooking a Roku stick onto it but it is always welcome
Less than $700. No SHARP, Insignia, Vizio, Toshiba...Anyone have recommendations?:mjgrin:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Speaking of TV's... Trying to find a 4k TV for my room. Preferrebly 43 inches. Looking into the MU6300 Samsung and the X720E Sony and the LG UJ6300

Doesn't have to be smart since I'm hooking a Roku stick onto it but it is always welcome
Less than $700. No SHARP, Insignia, Vizio, Toshiba...Anyone have recommendations?:mjgrin:

:dame:

@The Taxman