Bought my first 4k HDR tv and im not impressed

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
In my experience, Samsungs have the best picture. The one we got upstairs is old, and the pic still looks great. I don't even remember having to fukk with the settings too much

I've always felt they do out of the LED sets. This last one is my 5th Samsung, only issue I've had is my 65 has some strange vertical color banding, I think might be an update issue. Gotta call Samsung warranty about it.

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
I've always felt they do out of the LED sets. This last one is my 5th Samsung, only issue I've had is my 65 has some strange vertical color banding, I think might be an update issue. Gotta call Samsung warranty about it.
When I didn't cop a Samsung for downstairs, my wife gave me the :martin: look.

But my thinking was, I didn't have the HD cable box at the time. Plus, the TV was adequate enough for my PS4.

Can't go wrong with Samsung even if you have issues. They have better support than most other brands.

I'd probably upgrade to a 65" next year. I thought 55" would be on the big side in regards to this downstairs room, but it really isnt

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
When I didn't cop a Samsung for downstairs, my wife gave me the :martin: look.

But my thinking was, I didn't have the HD cable box at the time. Plus, the TV was adequate enough for my PS4.

Can't go wrong with Samsung even if you have issues. They have better support than most other brands.

I'd probably upgrade to a 65" next year. I thought 55" would be on the big side in regards to this downstairs room, but it really isnt

:russ: @ the wife look.

Yea, depending on your wall and surroundings a size up can make all the difference. My 65" is in my living room now, looking at an 82" Q8 in a few weeks, gonna move the 65" to the bedroom. I had a new 50" back there, gave it to moms for Christmas.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
:smugford::logan2::ebonymaw:

Nobody cares about 4k movies, that shyt look terrible, it loses the cinematic look, 4k gaming is what people are striving for

ain't nobody clamoring to watch tv dramas in 4k lmao, fukk outta here, and those cgi fest films even look more like shyt in 4k, only one that look decent was transformers

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Nobody cares about 4k movies, that shyt look terrible, it loses the cinematic look, 4k gaming is what people are striving for

ain't nobody clamoring to watch tv dramas in 4k lmao, fukk outta here, and those cgi fest films even look more like shyt in 4k, only one that look decent was transformers
The most fun part of 4k for me is watching older movies shot on film at their native resolution. The grain is much more pronounced and looks way more filmic and possibly even better than it looked in theaters.

You have no clue what you're talking about breh.

And i stream plenty of shows in 4K with and without HDR.

Pretty much every Netflix original is in 4k as Netflix has production requirements demanding so

Daps
Reppin
NULL
The most fun part of 4k for me is watching older movies shot on film at their native resolution. The grain is much more pronounced and looks way more filmic and possibly even better than it looked in theaters.

You have no clue what you're talking about breh.

And i stream plenty of shows in 4K with and without HDR.

Pretty much every Netflix original is in 4k as Netflix has production requirements demanding so

and you are among the minority of people who care about that

drugxglory

Street Struck
Daps
Reppin
CALiFORNiA
I barely upgraded my TV to a 43” for my room & Just watched That Bane scene where he escapes from the airplane...that was just
:gladbron::banderas: