Bought my first 4k HDR tv and im not impressed

CookisaCac

I aint lyrical
Daps
If you didn't get an OLED TV you lost, 4K is a not a big jump AT ALL from 1080p as far as the human eye in concerned. Just tech companies needing to keep selling products
Sorry but this is wrong especially for gaming on screens at least 32' or bigger

TheGregReaper

#HeatNation #SouthernCalUSC #LiverpoolFC
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WATTS & Inglewood Southern Kalifornia
930d. Only recently have i understood settings enough to calibrate is correctly. Looks like straight crack :noah:

Hated hdr at first because it had thus whote haze to it. Realized my settings were the problem :noah:

Now everything i watch look like :noah:

Did you use the settings from AVSForums I showed you way back or you found some different ones?

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Did you use the settings from AVSForums I showed you way back or you found some different ones?
I started with avs forum settings which helped me understand what settings do what and from there was able to tweak it to my likinh. I like color to pop but i dont like the oversaturated look so i found a good balance after a base calibration..

I also used rtings. I have a custom setting and an hdr setting. My wofe be comin home seeing some of the shyt on tv and sayd

Picture looks real nice :ehh:

:shaq: yea girl u chose the right man to knock you up. I got them real settings

TheGregReaper

#HeatNation #SouthernCalUSC #LiverpoolFC
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WATTS & Inglewood Southern Kalifornia
I started with avs forum settings which helped me understand what settings do what and from there was able to tweak it to my likinh. I like color to pop but i dont like the oversaturated look so i found a good balance after a base calibration..

I also used rtings. I have a custom setting and an hdr setting. My wofe be comin home seeing some of the shyt on tv and sayd

Picture looks real nice :ehh:

:shaq: yea girl u chose the right man to knock you up. I got them real settings

:russ:

Yeah I took the ones on AVS and shot the Color up to like 56 and raised the Brightness a lil bit because I got a bright room.

My HDR settings is close to my normal ones but a lil different...

Jimmy Two-Times™

Coli Mods Catch Me If U Can Forgive Me Imma Ridah™
Daps
Reppin
Peckham™ Come Get Me!
Hey brehs. I’m so dissapointed in this tv i bought its a sony 850E With HDR 2017 model

How is this shyt look worse than my previous vizio m series?

Its barely bright and dont even see what the HDR Fuzz is all about. This tv cost me 1300 dlls wtf

It looked great on best buy but looks like shyt at home. It was in the gaming section and dude told me this tv was good got ps4 but i cant even play rocket league without the godamn input lag.

I dont know what im doing wrong. Checked Rtings for calibration and that shyt made it darker and uglier than the standard

Anyone have this tv or can give me advice?
Sony 4K TVs this generation are not well received for those very reasons for PC usage and gaming. If you did 10mins of research you'd know that Samsung is #1 and LG is #2.

If I were you I'd return the Sony and get a Samsung KS8000 or KS9000 models. The input lag in near non existent to the naked human eye 14ms on gaming/PC mode and 21ms on normal even with HDR on or off the max input lag is 21ms regardless.

Sony in the TV space are not the company they once were 10 years ago.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Watch content that complements the technology. There's plenty of films on Netflix that support 4K and HDR. YouTube does as well. Vizio's are trash but are pretty bright I guess...

:ufdup:

I have a Vizio 1080p. The model I have is one of the best 1080p sets ever made. I have it in my bar area, still amazes me sometimes how it looks. shyt pops. :whew:

Bought my dad a 4K Vizio and its on point. :hhh:

What do you mean by this? I've been comparing games in 1080p, UHD, and 4k on my PC and games on Xbox 1S and PS4 Pro for a while now...like OP, it's just not that serious. Movies "pop" a little more but it damn sure doesn't justify a 4k TV purchase, imo

I cant speak on video games because I never tried anything on my pops TV (I dont have a 4K) but to say its not a big difference.....:mjlol:

good 4k is about as detailed as a video can get and the colors are more vibrant (doesnt look that good IRL)

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
:ufdup:

I have a Vizio 1080p. The model I have is one of the best 1080p sets ever made. I have it in my bar area, still amazes me sometimes how it looks. shyt pops. :whew:

Bought my dad a 4K Vizio and its on point. :hhh:

I cant speak on video games because I never tried anything on my pops TV (I dont have a 4K) but to say its not a big difference.....:mjlol:

good 4k is about as detailed as a video can get and the colors are more vibrant (doesnt look that good IRL)
I assume you haven't done the research...guess what? I have, as I do before making any purchases. Use all the smilies you want...the data and visual proof is out there

nikka, "my pops"... You don't even have a 4k in your position to do your own comparisons so what you really gonna try to tell me?