Bought my first 4k HDR tv and im not impressed

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
4K is a resolution bump. That ALONE isn’t gonna make the huge difference. It’s more than that. It’s all in the panel. The color reproduction. Black levels etc etc. if u get an average 4KTV. An amazing 1080p TV is gonna still look better. But yes. The best 4KTV vs the best 1080p TV is a big difference.

thesandman

Peace.
Daps
Reppin
Zion
First off. The floor model is always on the most vibrant settings with the backlight turned all the way up. Check for the best calibration settings for ur tv.
True but he seems to prefer the more cartoonish look so a calibration might not be the best

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm sure the OP set it up out the box wrong and the eye searing, scorching colors he's used to looks somewhat "muted" and drab so he thinks it's worse.

You gotta get used to it and set it up correctly. I made a thread on Neocac a while ago when I first bought this TV because I thought it wasn't no difference.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I looked up your TV on rtings.com and it has decent HDR.

Premium sets with great HDR is where you'll see the biggest difference.

I also would like to know what content you are viewing. Are you watching 4K discs? netflix? and are you one the 4k netflix plan? :jbhmm:

When i got my TV I was not on the 4k plan initially and had watched 3 eps of Narcos thinking they were 4k.

Last edited:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
930d. Only recently have i understood settings enough to calibrate is correctly. Looks like straight crack :noah:

Hated hdr at first because it had this white haze to it. Realized my settings were the problem :noah:

Now everything i watch look like :noah:

Last edited: