Bought my first 4k HDR tv and im not impressed

the artist known az

Hail the victors
Daps
Reppin
TSC FA' Life #ByrdGang
Sony 4K TVs this generation are not well received for those very reasons for PC usage and gaming. If you did 10mins of research you'd know that Samsung is #1 and LG is #2.

If I were you I'd return the Sony and get a Samsung KS8000 or KS9000 models. The input lag in near non existent to the naked human eye 14ms on gaming/PC mode and 21ms on normal even with HDR on or off the max input lag is 21ms regardless.

Sony in the TV space are not the company they once were 10 years ago.
LG & Sony OLEDs are better than Samsung

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
Sony X850E Review (XBR65X850E, XBR75X850E)

RTings gave it a good review.

And where are you watching HDR content from? Amazon? Netflix? Amazon's HDR is not good IMO and I heard Netflix's is subpar. You need to download a demo from Sony. And don't change the brightness of HDR. Leave it at 100. And people don't understand that HDR is suppose to give the picture a more natural look to the picture.

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Sony X850E Review (XBR65X850E, XBR75X850E)

RTings gave it a good review.

And where are you watching HDR content from? Amazon? Netflix? Amazon's HDR is not good IMO and I heard Netflix's is subpar. You need to download a demo from Sony. And don't change the brightness of HDR. Leave it at 100. And people don't understand that HDR is suppose to give the picture a more natural look to the picture.
fukk that, Netflix shows be vibrant as fukk on my xbr850d ..Amazon too

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
Sony 4K TVs this generation are not well received for those very reasons for PC usage and gaming. If you did 10mins of research you'd know that Samsung is #1 and LG is #2.

If I were you I'd return the Sony and get a Samsung KS8000 or KS9000 models. The input lag in near non existent to the naked human eye 14ms on gaming/PC mode and 21ms on normal even with HDR on or off the max input lag is 21ms regardless.

Sony in the TV space are not the company they once were 10 years ago.
:ohhh: we supposed to be using gaming mode? it's not possible to run both hdr and gaming mode on there is it? I'm assuming you got a ks8000.

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I have a x800D and I wasn't impressed with HDR on Amazon. A big part of HDR looking good is that your tv has to get bright enough.
Completely agreed. This tv black levels suck ass in dimly lit rooms (no local dimming) but it gets extra fukkin bright

Jimmy Two-Times™

Coli Mods Catch Me If U Can Forgive Me Imma Ridah™
Daps
Reppin
Peckham™ Come Get Me!
LG & Sony OLEDs are better than Samsung
An OLED screen is an OLED screen. All TVs come pre-calibrated that's why you're supposed to calibrate it yourself to get the best out of the panel. Everything else is a marketing ploy -- just look at the specs if you don't believe me. Proprietary technology is usually just overclocked old technology -- *Blast Processing* if you will.

Yes the panels calibration differs which is why you perceive each TV too be different but they are all the same this generation with marginal differences. The only thing that I care about is the input lag which Samsung KS8000 and KS9000 are the kings in for 4K HDR TVs.

If you sit in front of an LED TV and an OLED TV for an hour the only differences you'll notice are probably in the first 10 minutes but after that you won't even notice it anymore, at least I don't.
:ohhh: we supposed to be using gaming mode? it's not possible to run both hdr and gaming mode on there is it? I'm assuming you got a ks8000.
KS9000

Or use PC mode as the image is sharper. But you don't need to do that with Samsung as the input lag is 21ms even with every feature on as well as HDR. That is why I brought it. You get the most perfect picture possible and input lag in near impossible to notice unless you're an eagle. Input lag on KS8000 and KS9000 is near PC monitor quality but obviously on a much larger canvas.

I have the 55" model. I might trade it in for the bigger 65" model because even that has 21ms of input lag too with HDR turned on.

I think LG has a better spec TV but the price is extortionate.

Last edited:

jazzfan

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I got an 55' Sony 810c that I'm thinking of giving away and buying the sony 930e because the 810c doesn't have HDR and the 930e seems brighter than the 900e

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I assume you haven't done the research...guess what? I have, as I do before making any purchases. Use all the smilies you want...the data and visual proof is out there

nikka, "my pops"... You don't even have a 4k in your position to do your own comparisons so what you really gonna try to tell me?

nikka, I probably forgot more research on this than you ever did :camby: Most of the sets I ever bought I did extensive research for months before purchasing. :gucci:

I BOUGHT my pops a 4k TV fakkit. I know exactly what it does because I use it. The reason why I didnt buy myself one was because I moved into my new house 3 years ago and bought 3 new 1080P sets. At the time 4k price was lofty with not enough content to support it. I dont need to buy one now even though they are mad affordable because there are nothing wrong with the 5 1080p sets I have now.

so fukk yo research bytch nikka. talmbout 4k purchase isnt justified when you can get them shyts for like $400 bucks and the 4k content on it is noticably better than 1080p. you must think a good 4k TV is still $2k. ole stone age ass. :mjlol:

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
nikka, I probably forgot more research on this than you ever did :camby: Most of the sets I ever bought I did extensive research for months before purchasing. :gucci:

I BOUGHT my pops a 4k TV fakkit. I know exactly what it does because I use it. The reason why I didnt buy myself one was because I moved into my new house 3 years ago and bought 3 new 1080P sets. At the time 4k price was lofty with not enough content to support it. I dont need to buy one now even though they are mad affordable because there are nothing wrong with the 5 1080p sets I have now.

so fukk yo research bytch nikka. talmbout 4k purchase isnt justified when you can get them shyts for like $400 bucks and the 4k content on it is noticably better than 1080p. you must think a good 4k TV is still $2k. ole stone age ass. :mjlol:
nikka you didn't buy somebody a 4k TV and buy yourself a 1080...fukk outta here. The price of the TV has absolutely NOTHING to do with my point. Your dumb ass hasn't thrown up a stat yet. You haven't researched shyt.

"I haven't played games..." bytch I did, and the games really define this 4k shyt if you talking about the visual difference. That's where the MAJORITY of the research comes in. HDR has more of an impact on visuals that 4k resolution does. You doing price and spec comparisons is not research

Last edited:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Vizio is far from trash.

Vizio M and P series are some of the best bang for your buck series out. Especially the 2016 line.

brehs....you know nikkas dont know wtf they talmbout if they in here sayin Vizio is trash. :comeon: I gotta 42" M series in my bar I purchased early 2015. One of the GOAT 42" ever made in terms of PQ. :blessed:

I also have an LG 55" LED, one of the first LED's on the market next to Samsung...who is also excellent. that THX Movie Mode :banderas:
I have a Samsung another LG and a Panasonic 55" plasma that will put mostly any other 1080p to shame.:whew:

I cant speak on 4k that much outside of Vizio but dont sleep on TCL 4k Roku TV sets.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I never use gaming mode. I use custom mode for gaming but if a game has HDR it automatically switches to the HDR setting fukk gaming mode

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nikka you didn't buy somebody a 4k TV and buy yourself a 1080...fukk outta here. The price of the TV has absolutely NOTHING to do with my point. Your dumb ass hasn't thrown up a stat yet. You haven't researched shyt.

"I haven't played games..." bytch I did, and the games really define this 4k shyt if you talking about the visual difference. That's where the MAJORITY of the research comes in. HDR has more of an impact on visuals that 4k resolution does. You doing price and spec comparisons is not research

I looked at buying a 4k TV but at the time when I MOVED into my new house like I said...they were NOT worth the price. A Hisense 60" :trash: was going for $1600 at Costco :snoop:

There was no fukkin content. fukk was I gonna do, what tester videos on Youtube? :what:

So instead of waiting 2 or 3 years I bought the best 1080p sets I could get.

Last year I bought my pops a 4k my nikka because the price had dropped to 1/3 retail price by that time. Now you have affordable streaming content, blu-ray, etc....

the price has everything to do with justification, that is the word you used and that was your point. 4k is better than 1080p, only an idiot or someone who has never seen real 4k would argue that.

what part did you not understand wit yo illiterate ass?

oh yeah, I forgot, I did buy a Seiki 39" 4k tv from TigerDirect when I first moved 3 years ago to put in a bonus room. Again, prices were high so I copped something cheap to "try out".

issues AT THE TIME:

not enough 4k content
4k was at 30hz on this set which is why it was so cheap (think I paid $400 for it)
old firmware (4k was greatly improved with new firmware)

in short it just wasnt a true 4k tv before the firmware. I returned it in a week. this set however was well reviewed as a high quality monitor, just not TV. and TV improved after firmware.