Boogie makes Kings remove Chinese New Year"Year of the Monkey" shirts because of Black History Month

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
Some of y'all nikkaz are so gatdamn naive and clueless as to how slick these white supremacists are.

They always do lowkey racist shyt, then play dumb when black people call them out on their bullshyt.

Last edited:

Manuel Hot Pepper Lopez

cac this, cac that, c00n this c00n that
Daps
Reppin
-------------------------
Chinese New Year doesn't officially start until February 8th. Why bring out the monkey shirts on Feb 1st, the first day of black history month :jbhmm:
I don't know....People have already stated several times the Kings will be on the road. Would you REALLY not make an issue out of it regardless on what day they did it though?
Are you black or white
A black person that believes it's insane to think that every single thing every white person does is done with intent to belittle black people

PoPimp84

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Back seat of a Caddy
fukk the apologist. In the words of the incomparable Pimp C... take that monkey shyt off you embarrassing us

tumblr_nyupmyB8kd1qm16qjo2_400.gif

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
It wasn't a choice of one over the other. At least next year it'll be on January 28.

You still didn't answer my question.

Bringing in the 1st day of black history month with monkey shirts when A) the Chinese New Year is officially on the 8th, B) you have another home game on the 3rd, and C) Chinese New Year is celebrated for weeks, is just one of those things a white person came up with and then had a smirk face when called out on it.

Why didnt the monkey shirts debut tonight when its the nearest home game to the Chinese New Year?

Last edited:

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
They're on the road most of the month.

What the hell does that mean? :what: So what?

The Kings have a home game vs the bulls today . They coulda honored Chinese New Year today. EVEN THO CHINESE NEW YEAR DOESNT OFFICIALLY START UNTIL FEB 8th.. Y'all fools keep harpin on this road trip, but overlook the fact that they have a home game today :mindblown:

I'm ridin with Boogie with this one. The NBA is 85% black and I completely understand why Boogie took offense to this. You would think that somebody at the top of the kings organization would have enough awareness to see a problem here

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
And had they done this tonight we'd still have this discussion, because as I've said, if a monkey on a shirt is gonna offend you on the first, why would it offend you less 2 days later?

No we wouldnt as its not the first day of black history month and tonight is officially the last home game they have before the 8th. All the arguments disappear if they have the shirts tonight. Stop making excuses for some slick shyt some clown tried to pull.

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
No we wouldnt as its not the first day of black history month and tonight is officially the last home game they have before the 8th. All the arguments disappear if they have the shirts tonight. Stop making excuses for some slick shyt some clown tried to pull.

Like I've been saying, the black people in this thread are more outraged over the shirt removals than the people who sponsored the promotion. I bet the Asian people in the area aren't even tripping over this. :why:

Boolean

APIDTA
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY ENTERTAINMENT
And had they done this tonight we'd still have this discussion, because as I've said, if a monkey on a shirt is gonna offend you on the first, why would it offend you less 2 days later?

From what I understand Boogie felt BHM which begins on the 1st should have a higher priority over something occurs a whole week later. If you could hand out the shirts out in the 1st why not give them out later on :manny:

Made Myself A Boss

#Trolltruck
Daps
Reppin
dMv/ JA
He did come off like a jackazz. Complete idiot for this fiasco. It's hilarious how stupid he looks for this mess. Another dumb athlete.

You know...

It really is some dumb jock shyt... I was kinda like whoa. .wtf are the Kings doing when I heard this story... and then I educated myself on it I am was like this has absolutely NOTHING to do with Africans. ... and you would think that the DC would do the same...

Instead he just went full retard like a true ignorant southerner would

And after learning still was like :camby:they gotta go....

Black people we gotta do better and only call out REAL examples of racism:snoop:..

I can almost hear him on the phone talking to someone and then trying tell him "DC it's cool ..it's a Chinese Tradition" . And him just yelling back "and fukk dat... I'm not playing around no monkey's. .idgaf":snoop:.

This isn't a good look for his probably 30% Asian fan base and he's probably too ignorant too even understand :snoop:...

NO MONKEY TEE ON THE FIRST DAY OF BLACK HISTORY MONTH !!!!:damn:

you show em DC... you show em:childplease: