Boogie makes Kings remove Chinese New Year"Year of the Monkey" shirts because of Black History Month

blackslash

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Its things like this that makes our plight seem like a joke

Of all the things

Nah im done

b4 someone label me a c00n cuz a chinese new year symbol look like an attack on my people

i swear this new generation of blacks are some weak ass mufckaz real talk

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702

Of all the things

Nah im done

b4 someone label me a c00n cuz a chinese new year symbol look like an attack on my people

Take yo ass back to Shelbyville then nicca :pacspit:

A.V.

reTIreMEnt: THE ALBUM (01/22) ALL DSPs
Daps
Reppin
#AnyCityGang
Are there any Black History Month shirts being circulated at games though? :ohhh:

You know, since Africans and African - Americans are a fundamental PILLAR of the building, success, and financial power of this country? :ohhh: (Not to mention the league).

Or are we overlooking AMERICAN holidays and being unpatriotic, in favor of trivial dates such as a "New Year" of a country that we're currently in debt to? :ohhh:

Seems like a stretch, huh? :francis:

Boogie trippin, huh? :francis:

fukk each and every one of you cacs that support that monkey shyt. Always conveniently oblivious, even when it goes against the principles you like to tout in your ignorant ass lines of thinking / bigotry. (i.e. "Patriotism. 'Murica.")

Cacs are such a fukking joke, man
:mjlol:

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Says it all. Picture worth a thousand words, some of which captured........

dee155de2f2667dd79863aa5f7ab386d_crop_north.jpg

RAX 010

NYG LWO METS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
EAST✈WEST
no takers huh?

trolls usually don't have much tolerance for logic

I get what your saying The rat symbolism occurring at the same time of the Jewish holiday but still one has nothing to do with the other
If we really was on our sh!t they would have embraced the wave merged with the Monkey energy and elevated
But ok I get it some have been scarred by the racial tones of being called a black monkey

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
I want everyone to consider this example.

2020 will be year of the rat, for this example, let's pretend it begins October 1st 2020

September 23rd is Yom Kippur

Do you think it would be reasonable for a Jewish basbeall athlete to go to their team and say "hey, year of the rat shirts on yom Kippur? Not a good look, agreed?"

Would you have a problem with that. Explain why.

Are you seriously comparing black folk with jewish people right now? :comeon:

:camby:

Cac alert

Made Myself A Boss

#Trolltruck
Daps
Reppin
dMv/ JA
:what: How is it 'ammo'?

In terms of racist cac fans acting up, how would removing those shirts make a difference in their behavior?

If they're gonna do that fukk shyt, then they'll do it with or without the shirt. They've certainly done it without the shirt pretty well all these years. Meanwhile people who

dee155de2f2667dd79863aa5f7ab386d_crop_north.jpg

Yup...

And I completely understand what he was thinking when he first saw the tee... but he shouldn't have left his ignorance have gotten the better of him... I think even deep down he had to have known he was in the wrong, but he was so knee deep into his argument that he didn't want to take a L, so he played that Race card

At the VERY VERY least he could have gotten his people to say something to the PR department(his agent, management team ect)

For example LeBron got Blatt fired no doubt about it... but his management is so intact and he understands the PR game that his name can was never publicly attached to it...

If I was Sac I'd cut my loses trade him(his value is high right now), But as dominate as a player as he is on the court he's not a team guy, and there's not a chance in h3ll he's going to be a big three on a title contending team

Made Myself A Boss

#Trolltruck
Daps
Reppin
dMv/ JA
Are you seriously comparing black folk with jewish people right now? :comeon:

:camby:

Cac alert
He's been trying hard to make a comparison to the situation and when his examples don't quite connect he blames us for not being sophisticated enough to understand them ...:childplease:

I can't believe how many people on here defending DC..

His move wasn't good for the bigger because It sends a message to kids.. "just cry racism " when you want something.. and society is going to give it to you..

And if reporters question him after the game then he's going to sound like a complete idiot trying to explain how a celebration of the Chinese New Year offended him :russ:

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps

Of all the things

Nah im done

I really have no respect for you coli dudes man

I swear there has to be a lot of digital black face going on in this thread

Do I think there's any malicious intent? No, I think it was an unfortunate coincidence. But, the implication is there and Boogie has every right to feel offended. All it takes is one white person (or any person for that matter) in the stands to make a joke and Boogie would be justified. Black people have every right to be hyperaware and even hypersensitive. I don't care how it looks to other races and I certainly don't care if you think it makes our plight look like a "joke" (no person with any knowledge of history would dare type that). A lot of you guys make me sick