Boogie makes Kings remove Chinese New Year"Year of the Monkey" shirts because of Black History Month

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
Got no problem with this. The pr team definitely was trying to send a racist message. White people always try to do things like this but they rarely get checked

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
End of the day those shirts will be handed out(in the month of Feburary) and it's going to be a much more festive atmosphere now that more attention has been brought to it.. .

Sometimes nikkas just need to learn to keep their mouth shut..:snoop: The world doesn't revolve around African Americans :scust:
Nikkas don't need to ever keep their mouths shut. fukk outta here uncle ruckus

Manuel Hot Pepper Lopez

cac this, cac that, c00n this c00n that
Daps
Reppin
-------------------------
Cousins was overreacting because he just didn't know what the whole thing was about
But I got to :smh: at the nikkas in here who've had a full explanation on the Chinese new year and still want to be up in arms crying about troll jobs and conspiracies. You want people to respect black heritage while you completely disregard the heritage of anybody that's not African-American. So the Chinese new year falls on Black History month....ok? You can't let the Chinese have their appreciation for ONE NIGHT in February? Black History is being promoted every day, we'll be fine

Dudes in here actually said who cares about the CHinese...mad ignorant. I don't know about you, but Kung-Fu flicks and General Tsos have been a part of my life for years :salute:

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
Cousins was overreacting because he just didn't know what the whole thing was about
But I got to :smh: at the nikkas in here who've had a full explanation on the Chinese new year and still want to be up in arms crying about troll jobs and conspiracies. You want people to respect black heritage while you completely disregard the heritage of anybody that's not African-American. So the Chinese new year falls on Black History month....ok? You can't let the Chinese have their appreciation for ONE NIGHT in February? Black History is being promoted every day, we'll be fine

Dudes in here actually said who cares about the CHinese...mad ignorant. I don't know about you, but Kung-Fu flicks and General Tsos have been a part of my life for years :salute:
I think boogies issue was more that it was the first day of black history month

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
You both sound really dumb..
You've said nothing so shut up.

Everyone knows who's the most sensitive feminist people on the planet. I even mention it in my sig. This just proves it even more. A shirt about chinese new years and the tears come running down because you think you're a monkey. WTF.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
It is kinda suspect to have the monkey shirts on the first day of black history month. Coulda given them out at the previous game or the one after.
It's Black History MONTH, not Black History DAY.

If you were offended on the first, why would you be less offended on the 3rd? The 12th? The 26th?

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
You didn't need to explain the racist history behind monkey imagery & black people, that was already understood before this incident occurred. What I'm not going to do is give Cousins a pass for being culturally ignorant because he misinterpreted the promotion.

You're wrong because he said he would have been fine with this being done on any other day in February. Just let it go. Especially when this promotion was done a week earlier than it should have been.

And why are you comparing a celebration of Chinese culture to a hyper racist atmosphere in European soccer matches? Y'all are going out of your way to make what the Kings did seem racist to black people. And If you want to be offended by every perceived slight that you see everyday then do you breh, but spare me this faux militant bullshyt that Cousins is somehow "woke" because he not only misinterpreted, but grossly overreacted to a cultural celebration for the Chinese

I never said anything about him being "woke". But you're looking suspect over getting this mad over the whole situation. You're way more upset than the people behind this promotion.

And don't talk about ignorance when the people on the other side of the argument are making facetious sarcastic jabs at the situation by talking about Indian Jones being racist because of someone eating monkey brains.

I tried watching Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom last night, but when they started eating chilled monkey brains, I got offended. Shout out to Demarcus Cousins.

:snoop: This dumb shyt.

I'm offended that in 2016 we as black people see "monkey" and automatically think it has something to do with our culture or Black History Month.

That quote is exactly why I mentioned the soccer players but now you want to start acting dense. :stopitslime: It's not about Black History Month. It's about negative racist imagery towards black people. You know that and stop pretending like you don't.

Last edited:

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
It's Black History MONTH, not Black History DAY.

If you were offended on the first, why would you be less offended on the 3rd? The 12th? The 26th?

Chinese New Year is a celebration that lasts for weeks. So why does it take precedence over the first day of black history month in a league primarily made up of black people?

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
Chinese New Year is a celebration that lasts for weeks. So why does it take precedence over the first day of black history month in a league primarily made up of black people?

Chinese New Year doesn't officially start until February 8th. Why bring out the monkey shirts on Feb 1st, the first day of black history month :jbhmm:

Both good points. But but we're being too sensitive. :mjpls:

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps

ding ding

Chinese New Year doesn't officially start until February 8th. Why bring out the monkey shirts on Feb 1st, the first day of black history month :jbhmm:

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
It wasn't a choice of one over the other. At least next year it'll be on January 28.

You still didn't answer my question.