Boogie makes Kings remove Chinese New Year"Year of the Monkey" shirts because of Black History Month

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
It seems petty on the surface but people in other Ethnic groups who have money demand shyt like this all the time. Even the hint that something could be taken as a slur against them will see them demand something being changed.

So I aint mad at him :ehh::yeshrug:

Thread.

The ONLY time I want to see Black people and Simians in vicinity to one another is at a Zoo.

Other than that No. fukk the year of the monkey

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
You're wrong because he said he would have been fine with this being done on any other day in February. Just let it go. Especially when this promotion was done a week earlier than it should have been.

The Kings wouldn't have been able to celebrate the beginning of the Chinese New Year until after it started because they would've been on the road after today's game vs. CHI.

I never said anything about him being "woke". But you're looking suspect over getting this mad over the whole situation. You're way more upset than the people behind this promotion.

And don't talk about ignorance when the people on the other side of the argument are making facetious sarcastic jabs at the situation by talking about Indian Jones being racist because of someone eating monkey brains.

:snoop: This dumb shyt.
Click to expand...​
No. It is ignorant. He's ignorant of what the Chinese culture is and what the Chinese New Year means to them. I hate dumb ignorant shyt being championed as somehow being heroic or "ok" because he "thought" he was in the right. No. He was wrong. Stop caping for stupidity from our community. Yea i am passionate about that and it does make me angry. BTW, I'm not into false equivalents, this is a real situation, Indiana Jones is a movie. I'm not entertaining hypotheticals and false equivalence just because its convenient. Nah breh that shyt is lazy and often times lacks context, just like Cousins in this situation

That quote is exactly why I mentioned the soccer players but now you want to start acting dense. :stopitslime: It's not about Black History Month. It's about negative racist imagery towards black people. You know that and stop pretending like you don't.
Click to expand...​
Like I've said, the Chinese New Year has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with black people. You're being disingenuous to suggest that the intent of this celebration is racist when this is actually for the celebration of a new year and the celebration in itself is positive.

Last edited:

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
You've said nothing so shut up.

Everyone knows who's the most sensitive feminist people on the planet. I even mention it in my sig. This just proves it even more. A shirt about chinese new years and the tears come running down because you think you're a monkey. WTF.
oh wow you actually are an idiot

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
You know...

It really is some dumb jock shyt... I was kinda like whoa. .wtf are the Kings doing when I heard this story... and then I educated myself on it I am was like this has absolutely NOTHING to do with Africans. ... and you would think that the DC would do the same...

Instead he just went full retard like a true ignorant southerner would

And after learning still was like :camby:they gotta go....

Black people we gotta do better and only call out REAL examples of racism:snoop:..

I can almost hear him on the phone talking to someone and then trying tell him "DC it's cool ..it's a Chinese Tradition" . And him just yelling back "and fukk dat... I'm not playing around no monkey's. .idgaf":snoop:.

This isn't a good look for his probably 30% Asian fan base and he's probably too ignorant too even understand :snoop:...

NO MONKEY TEE ON THE FIRST DAY OF BLACK HISTORY MONTH !!!!:damn:

you show em DC... you show em:childplease:

Boogie didn't say it was racism. Cut it out. nikka said it's a bad look. PERIOD. And the organization agreed. Intent doesn't matter, the meaning of the monkey doesn't matter. It's about perception and how he, an employee, felt about his employers doing something he thought was racially insensitive.

Last edited:

Made Myself A Boss

#Trolltruck
Daps
Reppin
dMv/ JA
Boogie didn't say it was racism. Cut it out. nikka said it's a bad look. PERIOD. And the organization agreed. Intent doesn't matter, the meaning of the monkey doesn't matter. It's about perception and how he, an employee, felt about his employers doing something he thought was racially insensitive.

If Boogie ever uttered the words racism I'd write the NBA myself and beg that he a get suspended for stupidity..

.and just cause he didn't say that word "racism" doesn't mean he deserves a cookie you low standard expecting mother fukker. ...

2nd) the year of the monkey has been around WAAAAY longer then Black History Month..

Just because DC was ignorant of the fact doesn't mean that it's ok to disrespect an entire culture (many of whom are paying his bills)..

If they would have postponed a black history celebration for another culture of people without any real reason for it.... I can see Al Sharpton in CNN right now on his :mjcry: demanding an apology..

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
If Boogie ever uttered the words racism I'd write the NBA myself and beg that he a get suspended for stupidity..

.and just cause he didn't say that word "racism" doesn't mean he deserves a cookie you low standard expecting mother fukker. ...

2nd) the year of the monkey has been around WAAAAY longer then Black History Month..

Just because DC was ignorant of the fact doesn't mean that it's ok to disrespect an entire culture (many of whom are paying his bills)..

If they would have postponed a black history celebration for another culture of people without any real reason for it.... I can see Al Sharpton in CNN right now on his :mjcry: demanding an apology..

Disrespect a culture? They were giving out some fukking shirts at a game. It's not like he canceled Chinese New Year in all of Sacramento. FOH with that extra nonsense.

And you really found a way to bring up Sharpton? :snoop:

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
If even a handful of people think that the shirts could be misconstrued in any way shape or form, or if people think the imagery could be potentially offensive then the shirts needed to be removed. I don't think DeMarcus Cousins is alone in this.

Niqqa You Gay

You fakkit coli nikkas disgust me
Daps
Reppin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VClxVXrXUH8
Disrespect a culture? They were giving out some fukking shirts at a game. It's not like he canceled Chinese New Year in all of Sacramento. FOH with that extra nonsense.

So you wouldn't be offended if shirts celebrating black citizens at a Chinese league game were taken away because a Chinese player got the idea that said shirt was insulting to the Chinese?

Made Myself A Boss

#Trolltruck
Daps
Reppin
dMv/ JA

Yes is disrespect.. Its was a PLANNED event.. They probably even sold tickets saying every ticket sold will receive a free tee shirt"
Regardless of how insignificant it is to you its significant to many others and its stupid to cancel based on some arbitrary reasoning stating that its inappropriate to wear tee shirts with monkeys on them on Feb 1st.. Like who comes up with this shyt:mindblown: