Boogie makes Kings remove Chinese New Year"Year of the Monkey" shirts because of Black History Month

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
Chinese New Year doesn't officially start until February 8th. Why bring out the monkey shirts on Feb 1st, the first day of black history month :jbhmm:

People mentioned that they would be on a long road trip early in the month but they still could have waited.

Why are you so outraged that some black people found it offensive? :what:
:mjpls: Beats me.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Black people didn't start this comparison tho
Are you so weak minded that if someone says such a thing, you act in a manner that makes it appear like you're trying to cover up that truth?
I mean, do you Ronnie baby :manny: But I have to tell ya. You would make one hell of a shoe shine boy

That's right :francis:
Now go home and get your fukkin shine box :ufdup:

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
Are you so weak minded that if someone says such a thing, you act in such a manner that makes it appear like you're trying to cover up that truth? I mean, do you Ronnie baby :manny: But I have to tell ya. You would make one hell of a shoe shine boy

That's right :francis:
Now go home and get your fukkin shine box :ufdup:

What in the hell are you talkin about? :what:

You literally made zero sense with the bullshyt you just typed :laff:

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
I dont think this was racist or intentional(you never really know with these people tho :mjpls:) but it was most definitely ignorant and insensitive to expect 2 teams full of black players to play a game on the 1st day of BHM with the entire crown(mostly white) wearing shirts with monkeys on them

The more I think about it the more i think it was an intentional troll
In context, you could be onto something. Its not impossible. The question then becomes what exactly was the plan?
To give the entire area those shirts like it was a playoff game? (Do they do that for regular season games :usure: )
I'm about to reread the story, I'll edit if need be...

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
What in the hell are you talkin about? :what:

You literally made zero sense with the bullshyt you just typed :laff:
Let me dumb it down for you...

You are gonna let cracka ass crackaz tell you what to THINK

(In a longer more thought out form)

You are gonna let some cracky ass crackaz.. tell you what to think... about yourself :dwillhuh:

(A lightly more intelligence infused version)

You gonna let some crick-crack-Cacacac's determine for you that a monkey is the symbol for black people?
Well then, you have the mentality of a mental slave. You might as well shine shoes :leostare:
The notion that black history is something you talk about for a month is far more insulting, but what do I know?
I'm just a darn blasted nigruh :francis:

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
Nothing to link. MLK day games. Constant promos. Teams all over the league wearing tshirts. Announcers celebrating black pioneers of the sport etc. what does the Nfl or NHL do for BHM?
That's what the players should be asking instead of being offended by chinese new years.

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
I bet you're way more upset about the shirts getting removed than the people who sponsored the promotion. Get over it. And we've already explained the racist history behind monkey imagery and black people. Unless you want to keep being naive and ignore the multiple instances of white people throwing bananas at black soccer players.

You didn't need to explain the racist history behind monkey imagery & black people, that was already understood before this incident occurred. What I'm not going to do is give Cousins a pass for being culturally ignorant because he misinterpreted the promotion. As I've said before the Chinese New Year (this yr happens to be the monkey) has NOTHING to do with black people.

And why are you comparing a celebration of Chinese culture to a hyper racist atmosphere in European soccer matches? Y'all are going out of your way to make what the Kings did seem racist to black people. And If you want to be offended by every perceived slight that you see everyday then do you breh, but spare me this faux militant bullshyt that Cousins is somehow "woke" because he not only misinterpreted, but grossly overreacted to a cultural celebration for the Chinese

• Dap
Reactions: MGM

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
It is kinda suspect to have the monkey shirts on the first day of black history month. Coulda given them out at the previous game or the one after.

Made Myself A Boss

#Trolltruck
Daps
Reppin
dMv/ JA

Made Myself A Boss

#Trolltruck
Daps
Reppin
dMv/ JA
End of the day those shirts will be handed out(in the month of Feburary) and it's going to be a much more festive atmosphere now that more attention has been brought to it.. .

Sometimes nikkas just need to learn to keep their mouth shut..:snoop: The world doesn't revolve around African Americans :scust:

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
Got into a big argument at work about this yesterday.

I swear people just can't comprehend common sense.