Black students in Cali: only 20% pass MATH state test, 33% pass READING test

Actually6Foot3

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BKNY
Comparing any immigrant group to ADOS will never be an apples to apples comparison because of the filter of immigration. The smarter, more ambitious, industrious immigrants make it here. When they are compared to ADOS, they're not compared exclusively to the smartest and ambitious among us. They're compared to all of us.
That is false since this does not designate immigrant status but race as a whole. So these numbers include ADOS, black immigrants that are kids and the offspring of black immigrants as well as immigrants and descendants of immigrants of the other racial groups.

Immigrant groups that display those characteristics have them long before they arrive. It is cultural

Not all immigrants are smart or industrious. Most are poor and just want opportunity.

All that aside the numbers are telling. The black community is in a crisis if these nbwrs ring true as the financial future will be bleak.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Probably has something to do with how classrooms are run at the black schools. It's hard to learn when Becky BBQ isn't invested in teaching you :mjpls:
I actually know a white woman who choose to teach at a poor schools and she says the problem is a combination of teachers not giving a damn, students not given the tools for success, and strict guidelines that force the teachers to jam as much information as possible in a very short amount of time. She said she basically has a week to jam information into the students before she has to move on to the next subject before they even have a chance to understand what they are learning.

The education system in this country is fukked.

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
Blk students account for 15% of students in public schools but over 45% of all suspensions.

https://ocrdata.ed.gov/Downloads/CRDC-School-Discipline-Snapshot.pdf

The picture is even starker when taken into account with the fact that Blk students are also disproportionately identified for special education programs and under identified in talented/gifted programs.

Racial%20Disparities%20in%20School%20Infographic-AIR-hp-sm-01.png

Studies have shown that even one suspension is highly correlated with drop out and increased involvement with incarceration.
The correlations between the discipline gap and the achievement gap are (obvious as fukk) also being investigated as well.

So it looks like racist school practices are the root. And if culture is a problem.. these school gaps are what is fueling the negative aspects of it.

If the black kids are not targeted, then the problem starts to be repaired.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps

Breh I didn't even study in highschool. Not even once. shyt I barely did the homework, could've easily passed with As:mjlol:. And my Schools was in low income areas. My parents stayed on me, but I barely did the shyt. Y'all dumb boy I swear, but Imma assume y'all do read something beneficial, otherwise nikkas getting left behind.

Whatever interests me I read about, I'mma about to read about religions. I was reading about scientology a few days ago:scust:Did you know there's 4200 religions:ohhh:

Silky Johnson

The Master Investbreh
Daps
Reppin
Hatersbridge, BX
The research on African American learning styles is says that we are more active learners anyway.
We must have movement or a strong emphasis on verve, lessons must be connected to a sense of purpose and unity for our students, we are also social learners as we tend to make connections to ideas through peer discussion.

Think of 3 things a young, scared white female teacher DOESNT wanna see in her classroom:
A group of blk kids, moving and socializing over engaging content connected to what is important to that child’s community.

It’s the difference between listening to a boring ass lecture on the water cycle vs. doing a research project on potable water sources and it’s importance to the environment and then linking it to real shyt like Flint, Michigan.

Ur average, white kid will be okay with the lecture but even if they aren’t, they won’t get suspended for acting the fool the way the blk kid will. The immigrant kids won’t try it b/c Asian cultures emphasize group think and docility and deference to authority in ways that complement the sit/spit/forget educational culture we currently make our kids endure.

Oh and god forbid ur son is blk and gifted and a behavior problem. They’ll slap a disability on him so quick b/c of THEIR lack of experience as teachers, racial implicit bias and cultural incongruity.

And stupid people in our race will sit there and ignore all of this and give them excuses for their nonsense “WeLL dEM bLK kIDs Is BaD!”

:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

@the first bolded....western education is trash because we use public schools as daycare while we slave away as cogs in the capitalist machine. Children will learn more from playing and interacting with each other for their first 10 years than any wack a$$ memorization drills.

@ the 2nd bolded....that's the essence of why reading comprehension is so poor in this country. Young minds should be allowed to explore all aspects of a topic that piques their interest. Active connections to their world/interests have been shown to get encoded in long term memory and recalled on demand at a much higher rate than the bs passive lecture style of teaching.

Supper

All Star
Daps
Culture is the main issue. Plenty of poor immigrants.

The sooner ADOS families care about their children's education, the quicker we'll see these numbers rise.

Trying to run that "most immigrants are refugees/asylum seekers" lie again.
1280px-AfricanImmigration.png

That number would in the single digits if we only looked at your country of origin.

goatmane

Veteran
Daps
Breh I didn't even study in highschool. Not even once. shyt I barely did the homework, could've easily passed with As:mjlol:. And my Schools was in low income areas. My parents stayed on me, but I barely did the shyt. Y'all dumb boy I swear, but Imma assume y'all do read something beneficial, otherwise nikkas getting left behind.

Whatever interests me I read about, I'mma about to read about religions. I was reading about scientology a few days ago:scust:Did you know there's 4200 religions:ohhh:

How'd you do in college?

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
5 days a week 8 hours a day. 180 days a year.

The issues with school for Blk students make learning ridiculous for blk students who even come from affluent backgrounds. The education system is toxic as fukk for blks.
What are some workarounds or solutions you see that black parents can take part in with their kids today?

Silky Johnson

The Master Investbreh
Daps
Reppin
Hatersbridge, BX
I actually know a white woman who choose to teach at a poor schools and she says the problem is a combination of teachers not giving a damn, students not given the tools for success, and strict guidelines that force the teachers to jam as much information as possible in a very short amount of time. She said she basically has a week to jam information into the students before she has to move on to the next subject before they even have a chance to understand what they are learning.

The education system in this country is fukked.
No Child Left Behind -->Teaching to the test ---> low achievement.

Good teaching is an organic experience. I had plenty of lesson plans thrown into the bushes because my students pulled on an unplanned thread and I just ran with it. Too many administrators and teachers are product driven (test results that determine funding) rather than being process driven (students actually learning, applying and retaining the material).

A lot of new (whyte) teachers come to the hood as part of teach for america or w/e so they can get the free master's degree. They don't really give two shyts about the long term outcomes.

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
All yall falling for the culture bait are missing the point. American students of all races are :flabbynsick: in reading when compared to the rest of the world because 99% of schools don't gaf about the process. They just do it the way it's been done, results and science be damned:

NPR Choice page
The lack of teacher educator training PARTICULARLY in high poverty blk schools is a whole nother issue.

Let me paint a picture for u.
Your average teacher in America is a young white female to blk students.
That equals:
1.) Cultural incongruity and racism which results in blk children being more likely to be targeted for exclusionary discipline which leads to them missing instructional time and being retained. Both factors which contribute to a whole host of other shyt.

2.) If her being a crypto racist isn’t enough, her lack of teaching skills is ANOTHER issue. Majority of teacher preparation programs at major universities in most states do NOT prepare new and pre-service teachers with content knowledge or classroom management skills to handle our nations increasingly diverse classrooms. So that chick barely knows how to do her job. And her first year teaching won’t be with a group of high flyers who might be easier to teach. She will get a job at a school who DESPERATELY needs experienced teachers but will get her at a
3.) Poor, urban school- Where any given class will be comprised of blk and Latino kids, have 15% identified as having disabilities and another 15% who don’t even speak English and she will struggle to teach them all, racist or not. Best case scenario, she makes it to the end of the school year and quits. Worse case, she quits midway thru the year and u get to pay taxpayer dollars for a substitute teacher for a key developmental year of ur child’s learning that was lost.

But wait! There’s more! Those tests don’t take ANY of that into account. The high teacher student/ratios, the lack of experienced teachers, the racial disciplinary gap, high teacher turnover, lack of culturally responsive instruction—all things ur average non-blk student won’t have to deal with b/c our schools are increasingly segregated but those tests don’t discriminate.
http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.974.3360&rep=rep1&type=pdf

That was back in 1992. It’s even worse now. Sooooooooooooo when people refuse to look at these factors just know these tests scores are waaaaaay more complicated than just “what is wrong with the blk community.”

I gotta find the studies that demonstrated that AA kids actually learn to read better at home and have higher rates but drop by the 2nd year of attendance.