Black students in Cali: only 20% pass MATH state test, 33% pass READING test

King_Sage

All Star
Daps
Stop giving them smartphones and gaming consoles, let them go outside and play, give them books and read to them, teach them self defense arts and weaponry, teach them to build and fix things, teach them how to grow things, teach them about money and teach them music and art.

Simple.
This.

We have to do better. Yeah life is hard for us, but if we do nothing it will be much worse for future generations..

Our existence has to be more important then buying the latest products that fund majority non-black companies, that fund mostly non AA retirement accounts and neighborhoods including schools..

it's a vicious cycle.

Charlie Broadway

Greg Ward Jr. SZN
Daps
Reppin
Houston
There is so much misinformation out there. I’ve literally developed a behavior management system to provide professional development to teachers in culturally responsive instruction. Principals, behaviorists, stakeholders all want it b/c they know what’s fukked up in their schools—-also because parents have literally been suing and publicizing racial disparities that many districts have restricted the amount of suspensions a school can give a student for little shyt. Essentially now in many districts u CANT get rid of the student, so u have to figure out how to teach them...so I provide consultative support (for a nominal fee:mjgrin:sometimes for free b/c I’m a bleeding heart:wow:) to teachers.

Basically the last 8 years of my career has been researching what works and teaching white teachers how to teach blk kids to target the school-to-prison pipeline. You have to make whites face their implicit biases, teach them about culturally responsive instruction and how to utilize ABA strategies to create positive classroom learning environments. Lastly U have to teach teachers how to develop and implement culturally responsive engaging lessons based on the learning needs of AA students. I’ve helped teachers get over 70% proficiency pass rates for their students INCLUDING their students with disabilities. And that mirrors my own experiences as a teacher working in low-income, Title 1 blk schools.

The students who succeeded in my classrooms came from some of the worst environments around. But where u come from and what support u get at home has NOTHING to do with what I’m supposed to be able to do with u as my learner.
Years of literature has identified TEACHER quality as the PRIMARY indicator of student success beyond all other variables.

Report: Teacher qualifications best predictor of student success

We blaming the victims and giving a pass to a shytty ass school system just b/c some students can make it to the top of a shyt pile.
:mjlol:

coli told me slow down on the reps but keep hitting these “cultural” idiots in the face with facts:wow:

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Get your lies together before you try to question my people, when your's can't stop running all over the globe from their failed state.

20150711_usc001.png

At least we don't run to the next man's country when things get tough for us here otherwise half our population would've been gone during reconstruction and jim crow.
Every country has people that have emigrated every where idiot. And these fukking charts do nothing to disprove the fact that MOST IMMIGRANTS TO AMERICA ARE NOT WEALTHY.

Get out of your fukking feelings and address my initial question: What can be done to change the ADOS culture to promote education amongst the youth? Assuming you can stop being emotional and discuss this constructively.

Supper

All Star
Daps
Stop giving them smartphones and gaming consoles, let them go outside and play, give them books and read to them, teach them self defense arts and weaponry, teach them to build and fix things, teach them how to grow things, teach them about money and teach them music and art.

Simple.

I think it would actually be more productive to leverage those interest as a segue into math, science, and tech.

If they want to own a smartphone, make sure you give them an ifixit kit along with it and responsibility for it's maintenance. And if they're really interested in that, then you can introduce them to soldering(if they haven't done so themselves).

If they want to be a gamer, then make them build their own system from it's basic hardware(cpu, ram, HD/SSD, etc etc) and software(have them transfer w/e windows license at first, install the drivers, and then move on to a linux distro) components. Get them into game modding as a segue into programming and development.

The possibilities are endless.

Last edited:

ManBearPig

half man half bearpig
Daps
Reppin
Chi-town
those poverty Black/Hispanics schools don't provide the best education. nothing new here

Supper

All Star
Daps
Every country has people that have emigrated every where idiot. And these fukking charts do nothing to disprove the fact that MOST IMMIGRANTS TO AMERICA ARE NOT WEALTHY.

Get out of your fukking feelings and address my initial question: What can be done to change the ADOS culture to promote education amongst the youth? Assuming you can stop being emotional and discuss this constructively.

I'm not obligated to discuss matters of my people with a disingenuous outsider like you. Especially one who's people wont even put in half the energy they do obsessing over mine into fixing their own dump country that the vast majority your people are still stuck in.

I'm only here to dispel your BS about most African immigrants being impoverished refugees and/or having the same or more economic(or racial for that matter) disadvantages as native AADOS.

Last edited:

fckyoupayme

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Yo Momma's Front Porch
There is so much misinformation out there. I’ve literally developed a behavior management system to provide professional development to teachers in culturally responsive instruction. Principals, behaviorists, stakeholders all want it b/c they know what’s fukked up in their schools—-also because parents have literally been suing and publicizing racial disparities that many districts have restricted the amount of suspensions a school can give a student for little shyt. Essentially now in many districts u CANT get rid of the student, so u have to figure out how to teach them...so I provide consultative support (for a nominal fee:mjgrin:sometimes for free b/c I’m a bleeding heart:wow:) to teachers.

Basically the last 8 years of my career has been researching what works and teaching white teachers how to teach blk kids to target the school-to-prison pipeline. You have to make whites face their implicit biases, teach them about culturally responsive instruction and how to utilize ABA strategies to create positive classroom learning environments. Lastly U have to teach teachers how to develop and implement culturally responsive engaging lessons based on the learning needs of AA students. I’ve helped teachers get over 70% proficiency pass rates for their students INCLUDING their students with disabilities. And that mirrors my own experiences as a teacher working in low-income, Title 1 blk schools.

The students who succeeded in my classrooms came from some of the worst environments around. But where u come from and what support u get at home has NOTHING to do with what I’m supposed to be able to do with u as my learner.
Years of literature has identified TEACHER quality as the PRIMARY indicator of student success beyond all other variables.

Report: Teacher qualifications best predictor of student success

We blaming the victims and giving a pass to a shytty ass school system just b/c some students can make it to the top of a shyt pile.
:mjlol:
:salute:

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Get your lies together before you try to question my people, when your's can't stop running all over the globe from their failed state.

20150711_usc001.png

At least we don't run to the next man's country when things get tough for us here otherwise half our population would've been gone during reconstruction and jim crow.

Those immigrants might be going back to their home country though. It's not just Africans either. Mexicans come over, Asians, Indians, etc and they all send money back home. The fact that they went to some foreign country thousands of miles away from home shows how determined they were to make it. Could you leave your friends and family behind and go to Germany for an education? Not an easy decision.

What excuse do we have being born here? I'm not saying systematic racism doesn't exist, but we could being doing a lot better. Can't pay for school? The Pell Grant which helps low income will help you through community college of your choice.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Some of it's cultural, some of it is trying to teach students in one way, some of it is the home life of students.

This is the correct answer. There's some blame on the school system and how they teach or don't teach black youths. There's blame in the culture and how it's indifferent to academic achievement/competency and there's blame in the parents in not following through with their children's education.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP

Steel sharpens steel.

your circle of friends gotta take education personally.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
I would like to see these type of statistics adjusted for economic situation, seeing how black people on average seem to perform like economically disadvantaged. Is due to black people in this study are on average economically disadvantaged? And if this is the case the actual score isn't interesting.

However, I won't go on a rant about the government and history. We all know about this, what we need to address more is the endogenous culture. What happened with parents pressuring their kids to become engineers, doctors, teachers and lawyers? Why is being book smart not clout? Why do so many people wanna study things that won't position you well in the labor market such as cultural studies, communication, english, literature, history, media (and shyt like that you study if you can do it at the best universities, if you are rich, if you have deep contacts etc.)These type of questions are to me a lot more interesting than affirmative action from Washington. Cultural questions are also among the hardest to find solutions to

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Probably has something to do with how classrooms are run at the black schools. It's hard to learn when Becky BBQ isn't invested in teaching you

It’s sucks that I have to make the choice to remove my daughter from the school she should go to and the people she should be around to give her a better education.

We put her in public school and she complained about it being boring so we got her tested and put her in private school and the complaints went away.

Halfway through a school year we found a black stem school and gave it a shot and the complaints came again.

She’d finish her work early and fukk around the rest of the day. We talked to the staff and they said they’d push her but never did so we ended up pulling her and putting her back in her old school.

how hard is it to put her in another classroom or bring the class work from the grade she performs in and let her do it?

I’m venting. Rant over.