Black students in Cali: only 20% pass MATH state test, 33% pass READING test

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Lol I would rather have them smart and fat than dumb and skinny. Sports should be done after school anyways rather than in school.

We need balance. This hardcore standardized testing education culture is now making the likes of Gen Z give up on education altogether and killing the general morale and confidence of formal education as a whole. Even China is moving away from that and now focusing on physical activity.

Firefly

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Doesn't matter how good a school or teacher is, if you can't go over it with your kids or even read to them at night or whenever they will be behind. It takes parents and family or whoever to keep the kids in line. If you aren't home or tired from working they better be supremely disciplined themselves.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
The comments in here are so obtuse

America as a whole is ranked low educationally

The education system in America is trash.

The system is set to only allow 1 standardized avenue for students and if any students struggle

They are left behind

They don't cater teaching styles to the individual student

They have a proven ineffective style and just throw it at the kids

People that work in education should be fukking ashamed at how poorly they do their jobs on average

But it aint their fault cause the system is made where changes cant be made

America is ranked like 25th behind other nations in education

Just fukking pathetic

High Art

👑King of The Salon👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself and my own.
Many parents can't help their kids because they don't understand the material themselves.
There is actually alot of truth to this and this also can be applied to how some children struggle navigating certain aspects of life. For example, a lot of kids don't know how much a radiologist makes or that some work from home. If they did, you'd see some look towards that as a career option then the usual. Their parents are unaware of this as well or even the path for one. If their parents don't know, often times the children won't know. This is less of an issue now because of the internet but it is still an issue.

No excuse, Parents should be able to brush up on those skills in order to teach their kids.

Folks have time for all kinds of fukkery but neglect their kids needs.
I would say that if the parents can't brush up on the information, they should find avenues or people who can help the kids in their stead. The problem with these kind of issues is that we are trying to find this magic bullet to fix everything all at once when it is really something that can only be chipped away at. I have often felt study/tutoring groups are of use if only because it allows one to cover many issues at hand all at once: the issue of parents' lack of knowledge, the issue of educational guidance or the lack of it, the issue of teaching styles as well. When I was in undergrad we had something like that through our school where we tutored children of varying grade levels. I was part of some program like that for a year when I was in elementary (it was primarily for indian kids but my parents just said our family was part indian and they were happy to have us lol). We can always form predominantly black versions. :myman:

Last edited:

High Art

👑King of The Salon👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself and my own.
I wish we could talk more about possible civilian solutions to this issue. I'm not against government help but it would be nice to have a back up plan because the government is not the most efficient.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
The classrooms at home:francis:

You gotta go over that homework, every night.

Comparative fractions, 3rd grade, butterfly method. Thank me layer :wow:
Parents actively involved in their kids education have children that tend to do better

shyt ain't rocket science

Always starts at home

Kills me how mufukkaz git not time for ota and teacher meetings but will make time for sports and other non academic extracurriculars

If you don't know the material find someone who can help your kid.

High Art

👑King of The Salon👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself and my own.
The classrooms at home:francis:

You gotta go over that homework, every night.

Comparative fractions, 3rd grade, butterfly method. Thank me later :wow:
This. It also helps to buy kids those extra math exercise books. Some can double as a coloring book. I had a few of those growing up. My parents were insistent that I don't write i the book because they wanted my siblings to use them when they got older, which they did. And more than anything, there need to be books in the house. My dad and mom made a point to leave old textbooks lying around and had my room double as a library so I'd be compelled to read. If I read something, they'd ask me to tell them about it but to write down what I had to say. Doing this often enough got me comfortable to writing in general as well as reading and comprehension.