Black students in Cali: only 20% pass MATH state test, 33% pass READING test

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
You want a bunch of people to teach their kids things they weren't taught :dead:

Fair point...and yet it doesn't make any of those things any less necessary. If anything it makes them more urgent because you now have children you're responsible for, so you'd better get crackin' on your progress in order to help them.

Actually6Foot3

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BKNY
A lot of it is cultural. African students excell in schools. As a dude who went to predominantly white and Asian elementary and middle schools. And a 99% black highschool.

In middle school they ALLOWED us to leave for lunch and come back by next period. It was great. the truancy rate would be through the roof if my had highschool allowed that.

1. Asian and white parents care more on average about their children doing well in school. Just see if you can attend a few PTA meetings and look at the attendance of the parents.

2. Being smart and getting good grades wasn't as "looked down upon" in the white and Asian schools. :yeshrug:

3. Poverty.(but even then we had some dirt poor asians in my middle school that lived in Lower East Side project housing that good excellent grades you could tell they were determined to make something of themselves) I'm talking coming to school with holes in their shoes poor.

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
I already see where this thread is going so I will just make a quick comment. I checked my high school's scores and over 40% are below the standard in Reading and over 60% are below the standard in Math. Not trying to make excuses but during my time there most of the teachers were terrible and that was over 10 years ago. I'm sure its much worse today.

Silky Johnson

The Master Investbreh
Daps
Reppin
Hatersbridge, BX
A lot of it is cultural. African students excell in schools. As a dude who went to predominantly white and Asian elementary and middle schools. And a 99% black highschool.

In middle school they ALLOWED us to leave for lunch and come back by next period. It was great. the truancy rate would be through the roof if my had highschool allowed that.

1. Asian and white parents care more on average about their children doing well in school. Just see if you can attend a few PTA meetings and look at the attendance of the parents.

2. Being smart and getting good grades wasn't as "looked down upon" in the white and Asian schools. :yeshrug:

3. Poverty.(but even then we had some dirt poor asians in my middle school that lived in Lower East Side project housing that good excellent grades you could tell they were determined to make something of themselves) I'm talking coming to school with holes in their shoes poor.

none of this is backed by facts

:pacspit: